Beasts of Beyond
SOME NIGHTS / o, joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: SOME NIGHTS / o, joining (/showthread.php?tid=1723)

SOME NIGHTS / o, joining - bubblegum - 06-01-2018

[align=center]
geddy — male — the ascendants
he has washed himself so many times by now that it's a surprise he wasn't sparkling or some shit. but, that damn smell still wouldn't go away. he still felt like he was covered in ashes and could hear the flames burn relentlessly. the air felt tight still, even though he knew he could breathe just fine. everything about that day lingered, and he was starting to suffocate. he needed to find a new home. it'd been a few months by now, surely. he'd lost track of time, in all honesty.

so, the lonely, pants wearing orange iguana ended up here. wherever here was. he'd heard word about the clans growing larger and figured this would be the easiest way for him to find a new home. there was no good reason for him to stay at his old one, after all; no matter how badly he wanted to. there was nothing left. and, it hurt to be there. it made it very hard to breathe and it was scary. there was nothing to take with him, other than the yellow, baggy clothes he always wore anyway. most others would find them pretty uncomfortable, but he grew up with them. they were a comfort.

the large iguana didn't honestly care much about the territory or nature of the group, so long as it wasn't filled with a bunch of jerks. he didn't know much about the group in general, so he couldn't make a fair judgement over whether it would be or not. heck, he didn't even really know the group's name. geddy didn't care too much, though. he just needed a new home and this happened to be the first group he arrived at. hopefully it wasn't filled with jerks.

geddy sighed and straightened himself up slightly. "aye," he called, voice a little shaky. he hadn't used it much these past couple months. "may i join this place?" he said next, figuring somebody would hear. he was pretty loud, in all honesty, although he'd been very quiet lately. damn near silent, so his voice was a little out of practice. the iguana's expression was mostly blank as he stood there, stiff. hopefully this went okay. he wanted to breathe again.

Re: SOME NIGHTS / o, joining - bubblegum - 06-01-2018

[align=center]
a feline appearing was unsurprising - felines and canines seemed to take up the majority of groups he heard about. they had spent the most time with humans overall, so it only made sense that they would create more diverse civilizations together. however a snake hanging around the male's neck was certainly different. he tilted his head slightly at the sight of that, curious as to what the snake was to the male. a pet? he hoped not. he didn't like the idea of pets. however, before he could think about it further, the other male spoke up.

he noted the polite smile, not bothering to return it just yet. he listened to the male quietly, already knowing the answer would probably be yes. it seemed the groups wanted to expand. possibly for power? he didn't know, nor did he care about it too much. he just wanted an okay place to stay. that was his only motive for being here. and then he introduced himself. the iguana had wanted to wait for someone to arrive before doing that, as he figured it'd be more polite, and more personal. besides, he wasn't too keen on shouting his name right now. perhaps he should come up with a fake name.

he wouldn't have much reason for that, though, he knew. he was slightly a compulsive liar. only slightly. he decided not to. it'd be more of a hassle to go by a different name if he planned on staying here, and it wouldn't really get him off on the right foot. besides, he liked his name. just some dumb, impulsive thought. "oy, i appreciate it, wren. the name's geddy, it's a pleasure to meet ya!" he replied, trying to sound a bit enthusiastic out of politeness. he honestly hasn't spoken too many creatures outside of his family in a while, although he sort of had no choice now. he decided to take his attention off of that for now, though, and directed his attention back to the snake. "who's that?" he asked, gesturing to ari.

Re: SOME NIGHTS / o, joining - Suiteheart - 06-02-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Suiteheart had seen a lot of things in her day, but she was absolutely positive she had never once seen an iguana wearing pants. Clothes and clothe-like accessories were common in the lands she had traveled - jackets, scarves, hats, and hoodies were common. But she had never seen pants. She was accustomed to them, yes, and she was aware that human often wore them. Never though had she seen them in this kind of setting.

Curiosity burned in her eyes as she came to stand beside Wren. She was happy to see this newcomer navigating the ways of Clanlife so well. Here he was having joined only a bit ago and he was already well-versed in welcoming others. It was nice to see.

"Welcome to the Ascendants, Geddy," the white feline meowed, offering him a friendly smile. [color=#99182C][b]"I'm Suiteheart. If you have any questions or need anything, don't be shy. And if you need a tour of the area, I'm you're girl. Or you can always solo it. We've got maps and all that jazz."
[color=#99182C][b]

Re: SOME NIGHTS / o, joining - bubblegum - 06-03-2018

[align=center]
his pants were pretty personal to him, and his family as a whole, but he couldn't share it with them anymore so he figured he ought to just take them with him as a little memento. he'd honestly feel naked without them, even though they undoubtedly slowed him down. it was quite normal to him by now, though, he didn't even really think about it. it was more odd to him that others didn't wear clothes. that was just how he was raised, though. he didn't even really know why. he didn't question it - he had no reason to. just a family thing.

as another one came towards the pair, he slowly took his focus off of the snake and towards the female. the reptile listened to her as she spoke, noting the name. he thought it was a nice name. he wondered briefly if she came up with it or if she was given it. whatever, though, he wouldn't ask. he just thought it sounded real friendly n' all that. her phrases reflected that, too, and smile. but, maybe she was just trying to appear welcoming, since the clans wanted to grow and it was important new members felt welcomed. whatever, he appreciated the offer. "'appreciate it, suiteheart. i like that name, too. nice to meet ya! i think i'll just wander 'round myself for now and explore all on my own pace, thanks though."