Beasts of Beyond
Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath (/showthread.php?tid=16433)

Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Casphian - 07-04-2022

Today was the day. Today was the day that Saturn was going to propose to Byriath. They had been together for a few years now and neither one of them had stepped up to the plate to do it so Saturn decided that they were going to take matters into their own paws and do it. A couple of weeks back Saturn had gone to Zuriela in private, asking the girl if she could make a ring for him. Luckily she had agreed and just a couple of days ago the ring had been finished.

Saturn was currently pacing in their shared home, waiting for Byriath to return back home so Saturn could drag him back out and to the Starpool. They drew in a breath, exhaling it with a shudder. Honestly this poor snow leopard was on the very of a panic attack with how bad their anxiety was currently. With a soft whine they settled back on their haunches, unseeing gaze drifting across the room as they continued to wait.

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Byriath - 07-04-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
YOU SAY YOU WANNA CRY, BUT YOU NEVER DO-
They would not have to wait long. Byriath had been out and about, making sure everything was in check while Romulus recovered. But as he opened the door to his and Saturn's home, his breath caught as he looked at them. "Are you alright? You look a little nervous." He refused to pry into their mind. There was something that felt wrong about trying to see what Saturn was thinking. Far too intrusive.
[color=#9700ff]-SUGAR, THERE'S A REASON WHY WE LOSE!
BYRIATH-COALITION-FALLEN GOD OF VIOLENCE, CRUELTY, AND MALICE
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Casphian - 07-05-2022

Saturn's head snapped up when they heard the door open. They stood up when the sound of Byriath drawing closer filtered into their ears. At the question the snow leopard nodded, a smile gracing their muzzle as they finally turned their head towards the other. "I'm alright my love," they mused. They debated on how to go about getting the other to go back outside before just settling on asking to go on a stroll. "I know it's late my dearest but would you mind accompanying me on a nightly stroll? I'm not sure I can sleep right now," they hummed out the question, head tilting to one side as they waited for the other to respond.

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Byriath - 07-06-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
"If you say so." He rumbled, shaking out his fur. He was rather tired, mostly hoping to get some alone time with Saturn, but as their question was asked he blinked. "Sure. Some peace and quiet away from the town would be nice." As much as he was a born leader, he was very quickly getting tired of doing so. Maybe it was because of the fact that he also had to look over the youngsters of the group that Saturn and him has apparently managed to adopt. 
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Casphian - 07-06-2022

Saturn nodded at the response, moving to head out of the house, holding the door open with their wing for Byr after they had stepped out. They bounded off in the direction of the Starpool, knowing full well that Byr would be able to keep up with them, especially considering how much taller the Xenosmilus was compared to the snow leopard. A simple hum slipped past their muzzle as they walked, head held high even though their heart was racing wildly in their chest. As soon as they reach the pond, Saturn drew closer to the water's edge. Unseeing orbs peered out across the lake, wishing so badly to be able to see it. "Byriath, can you tell me what it looks like? I want to know how beautiful it is."

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Byriath - 07-10-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
They were there for a moment, and the next they were up, out, and headed to the starpool. He followed in large strides, a warm smile on his face. He loved seeing Saturn full of energy; it was a good counter to his own slowed nature. Soon he had caught up with them, standing next to his lover as they peered blindly over the lake. He hummed lowly, hearing their question and thinking for a moment.

The night sky, reflected over the lake, was truly a sight. He wracked his brain over how to best describe it's near insurmountable beauty. The only thing, to Byriath, that rivaled the scenery, was Saturn. An idea popped into his head. "I fear my words would not describe it to its full glory." He started, staring at the lake and getting a good mental picture. "I have a way you can.. see it, in a way. Let me know if it's a little overwhelming." He breathed in, then attempted to project the image of the lake, the dark sky full of stars being reflected, moonlight shining onto the earth, painting the land a lovely glow.

A proud smile was on his face the entire time, and the great beast felt at ease.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Casphian - 07-11-2022

A soft gasp slipped past their muzzle, blind orbs widened as the sight of the lake appeared in their mind. Unshed tears filled their gaze as they turned to look up in Byriath’s general direction. “I-I can see it..” they said, voice cracking as the tears finally began to fall. A soft sob rung out, their head ducking to try and hide their tears. “I haven’t seen anything since I was a cub, t-thank you Byriath..” they said softly, voice full of a hidden pain but covered up by the joy of being able to briefly see the view the two lovers had.

After a bit of time the snow leopard finally calmed down, clearing their throat as they straightened back up and shook out their pelt. Their ears pinned to the side as they nervously shuffled a bit, trying to figure out how to word this. “Byriath, you have been by my side for many years now,” they started off. “We have loved and lost, been through thick and thin, life and death. And every obstacle we crossed together and only grew closer. You quickly became the love of my life and the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I have loved you since the beginning and I will continue to love you even when the world is ending,” they said, turning to face the other after having looked out across the lake. They lowered down in a bit of an awkward bow, a wing shuffling to carry an open box, that held a ring, out to rest between them. “I want to grow old with you Byriath, to create a family with you and to be together for the rest of our lives. With that said, will you marry me?”

Re: Haven't I told you I love you? || Byriath - Byriath - 07-12-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Oh, how he hated to see Saturn cry. But at least they were crying over the view he had projected. He let out a low rumbling noise, a sort of purr, and was silent otherwise while they started to calm down. What they were going to say after, though, would shake his soul.

He turned to face Saturn with a look of shock, glowing eyes wide with disbelief. Not that they were confessing, that he already knew, but the words they were saying. A lump formed in his throat for a second. I want to grow old with you, Byriath, to create a family with you and to be together for the rest of our lives. The rest of Saturn's life. For all he knew, Saturn wasn't immortal - they weren't a god. They would grow old, while he would seemingly stay around the age of his body. Though, yes, he was extremely happy with them, he would not be prepared for their passing when it happened.

But that was love, was it not? To stay with someone for as long as you each lived. Mourn with them, celebrate with them. The good and the bad. A low noise left him, a thoughtful hum, and he straightened up. He glanced at the ring, but refocused on Saturn. In all the universes he could think of, every timeline and every fate the two were in, one answer rang true. "Yes. For all it is worth, Yes." He attempted to press his forehead to Saturn's, tears welling in his eyes. Yes, He repeated to himself in his mind. Yes, yes, yes.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]