Beasts of Beyond
The devil in my reflection [Return] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: The devil in my reflection [Return] (/showthread.php?tid=16243)

The devil in my reflection [Return] - Eon - 06-19-2022

Eon Allure

It was all a blur. His vision, his memory…  he had been living a lie. Trying to forget a past he refused to own. It was hard to tell what was going on as his life as a divine was stripped from his very soul. The life he had lived before played before him like a movie… and that was it. He knew it existed, yet it was hard to call his own now that he was seeing it from an outside eye. He had been living his life in defiance, letting the memories decay inside the deepest of wounds. When he tried to peer into them... well, it doidn't end well.

Eon had been finding it hard to live amongst the mortal world. So much so he had been absent from Tanglewood  for several month. During that time, he had become like a hermit, keeping to himself and reflecting on his past, trying to understand the nagging feeling in his chest. He hadn't gotten far, every time he tried to peer into his mem oroes he'd be confronted with a piercing headache and ringing in his ears. It was like he wasn't supposed to know what happened in the past; and that was actually what intrigued him.

Normally the fox hated being alone. But he knew this was something he had to explore on his own... even if he didn't get anywhere. After weeks of solitude, Eon found himself back where he had started, on the border of Tanglewood. He has to starve from the lack of nourishment and is dehydrated, though he didn't pay those factors much mind as he approached. Thoughts swirled around in his head, consuming him as he tried one last time to remember...

A loud ringing filled his ears and his vision slowly faded out. His wings would coil around his frame.  He could barely feel a thing, inside or out. It was all fading away from him, suffocated by a blackness he could only describe as a void. Then… there was nothing.  Even the loud ringing in his ears had ceased to play.

Perhaps his situation was well emulated by the surrounding weather. A thick fog rolled over the land between the towering trees. Limp, the small fox would lay motionless on the ground. He was no longer conscious. It was not apparent how he ended up where he was. Large wings bathed in stardust tucked around him protectively, though there was not a scar on his body. No injury was apparent and at first glance, it may appear he was merely asleep.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Ares - 06-20-2022

I FEEL IT IN MY VEINS
IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!
x
Ares hadn't seen Eon in months. Not that she really noticed. There was a lot that happened, and she didn't have the time or the want to focus on anything or anyone but the found family she had here in Tanglewood. Even if that 'found family' was just Dion. The deinonychus traversed the swampy land with little difficulty as she made her way to the border. The scent of a stranger caught her attention, and the beast picked up the pace. No reason to keep a visitor waiting, friend or foe.

Her steps slowed as she spotted Eon, finding him unfamiliar at first, but then she realized. "Eon." Ares hushed as she walked to his side. "Eon, are you awake? Are you even alive?" She rumbled, gently trying to nudge his wings.
TANGLEWOOD — LION/SHAPESHIFTER — BIO — ATTACK IN #C16666
#psy.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Eon - 06-20-2022

Eon Allure

Slowly, reality came back to him. His breathing intensified, and the dizziness slowly faded slightly though it was still very apparent. He could feel someone nudge his wing. As soon as he was able to move his eyelids they would shoot open, revealing his azure irises that were significantly dimmer than they were before, though no one but himself would probably take much notice of them.

His vision was still blurry and his mind still foggy as he tried to make out who was there. Was it someone he knew? They spoke his name, so the only logical explanation was that they had met at least once.  His vision adjusted just enough that he could make out a feline in front of him. She was probably the one nudging at his wings. “A-ares?” a soft voice would escape him. He didn’t know them too well, yet he knew who they were. He was just relieved to be back in Tanglewood.

Before responding, the fox would roll over slightly and uncurl his wings from around his body. There was a deep sigh that escaped his breath as contemplated what he had learned… what he wasn’t supposed to know about his past. He had his divinity stripped from him, and with that, many memories of being an angel. They were locked so deep in his soul he could no longer look at them without these pounding headaches... Yet the memories still managed to haunt him.

His focus soon fell back on the feline. “I’m awake” he’d say, though he didn’t really feel it. He stumbled onto his paws and adjusted himself into a sitting position. There was still a painful pounding in his head which made him wince… but at least he was conscious again.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Ares - 06-20-2022

I FEEL IT IN MY VEINS
IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!
x
Ares snorted, ears flicking as the lion watched Eon move. "Yeah, it's me." She stepped back as he sat down, and her wings twitched. "Good. I didn't want to carry you to camp." She huffed, tail lashing.

"Where'd you go, anyway." She hummed, tilting her head. She had once left tanglewood, when she was much younger and filled with much more spark and anger. But that was years ago, and certainly Eon had different reasons to leave the group and come back half dead.
#psy.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Eon - 06-21-2022

[size=18pt]The moon will sing a song for me -
I loved you like the sun

"Where'd you go, anyway?"  the question would echo in the foxex head. Thats right… he would need an explanation for why he disappeared. He couldn’t just go and say it, right? He had a hard enough time admitting to himself he was a fallen divine, never mind admitting it to someone else.

“I just needed some time to myself to think.”
he’d say. He supposed being vague would be the best response. He stood back to his feet and the dizziness slowly faded away.

“You won’t have to worry about carrying me, I’ll be fine,” he responded to Ares first comment. Slowly, he'd begin to head towards camp. He was in no position to walk fast but he was determined enough to drag his weight there at his own pace.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Ares - 06-25-2022

I FEEL IT IN MY VEINS
IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!
x
Ares hummed, nodding slowly to his answer. "I've done that before. Never came back half dead, though, but I won't push you for an answer." She spoke gently, watching him as he got up and walked. Turning her gaze to the swamp for a moment, she sighed and started to follow, walking up and walking next to him. "You should have Seven check you out when we get to camp. She's usually there." She chuffed, tail flicking slowly to avoid hitting Eon with the spikes.
#psy.

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Eon - 06-28-2022

[size=18pt]The moon will sing a song for me -
I loved you like the sun

His ears would perk as Ares spoke, though he held an emotionless expression upon his face that was probably near impossible to read. “I’m not sure how much anyone will be able to help.” he’d say softly as he padded forward through the thick tree line towards camp. A heavy sigh escaped him once more. He'd slow down a moment as he stretched out his wings to his sides. “I think this is something I need to overcome on my own.”

Re: The devil in my reflection [Return] - Ares - 07-07-2022

I FEEL IT IN MY VEINS
IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!
x
Something within her clawed at her brain, and she started to speak, then fell silent. Maybe it was just because she was like that. She tried to pursue her destiny alone, and she went down many tracks trying to find it. And even now she hadn't found out who she was. "... If you say so, Eon."

Resisting the urge to place her wing on his shoulder, she nodded. "If you ever need or want to talk to someone about this stuff... I'm here. I'll listen." Her own words confused her, but it felt right.
#psy.