Beasts of Beyond
No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken (/showthread.php?tid=15903)

No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Byriath - 05-18-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
THEY'RE ONLY HUMAN, THEY DON'T SEE!
Claws scraped against the dirt as the giant feline rummaged around the grasses, absentmindedly watching the wind. A gentle sigh left him, swiping his claws across the top of the grasses, slightly trimming the blades of grass. A bright color caught his attention, and Byriath plucked the flower from its home and held it up to his maw, oblivious to the growing grey skies. "Such a pretty thing. Or are you a weed?" He questioned the flower, inspecting it.

The gentle patter of rain urged him to look upward, and a low rumble of thunder went across the sky. "I guess I will never know." He tossed the flower away, gently walking to the shelter of a tree to hide from the oncoming downpour. More thunder ran across the sky, and he let out a low roar. Challenging the sky was never his idea of fun. Alvaskos ruled that domain, but as far as he knew, that pompous fuck wasn't on this island.

[member=23339]Corrupted Flower[/member]
[color=#d64148]WHAT THEY ARE IS WHAT THEY'LL ALWAYS BE!
BYRIATH-COALITION-FALLEN GOD OF VIOLENCE, CRUELTY, AND MALICE
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Casphian - 05-23-2022

x
Corrupted Flower
Trans masc — COTC — Wanderer — HOVER FOR TAGS
The smaller pup hadn’t meant to get caught out in the rain but here he was outside as the rain began to pour. A red tinted ear flicked at the familiar sound of Byriath, curiously drawing the pup towards the sound. Solsken bounded through the area, not paying much attention to his surroundings. And then he was suddenly stopping, having run into Byriath’s leg and causing him to stumble backwards. The crack of thunder caused a startled yelp to slip from his muzzle.

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Byriath - 05-23-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
The sudden force against his leg made the god look down, having not noticed Solsken before the former proceeded to slam into the muscular leg. An amused smile ghosted his face, but as thunder roared, he looked to the sky and roared back. It was far quieter than before, and he turned to face Solsken again. "Hello, boy." He rumbled, lifting a paw and motioning the smaller pup closer. "We can ride out this storm from here." Byriath sighed, lowering his paw.
[color=red]WHAT THEY ARE IS WHAT THEY'LL ALWAYS BE!
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Casphian - 05-24-2022

x
Corrupted Flower
The thundering of the sky caused another yelp to slip from the pup and so when Byriath motioned for the other to get closer Solsken immediately did so. They scurried underneath the front of Byriath, huffing and puffing his chest out once he was situated, pretending that he was very much not afraid of the storm. "Why do you keeping roaring back at the thunder?"

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Byriath - 06-07-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
The question Solsken asked made Byriath shrug. And he grinned as Solsken pretended to be fearless against the storm. "It's my job to argue with the gods." He didn't explain it further than that. Always arguing against stronger forces was something Byriath was good at. Though, the arguments he used to hold were much more violent. More blood and combat than anything else.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Casphian - 06-07-2022

x
Corrupted Flower
Solsken tilted his head back to look up at Byriath before turning his attention to the sky. "The gods are cruel so I can see why you would do it," he hummed, more to himself than anything. With that thought in mind he let out a growl when another crack of thunder rung out, his growl nothing compared to Byriath's roar. But in his mind he sounded ferocious and terrifying arguing back with the gods in the sky. His attention turned back to the older male, a proud and excited look on his face as if saying 'Did you see that?'

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Byriath - 06-07-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Byriath could get behind why Solsken would say that. Even he himself believed gods were cruel. Most gods. But he said nothing as Solsken let out his own growl to the storm. Truly proud, and a little shocked, the xenosmilus let a wide grin sit on his face. "You did well. But do not assume all gods are cruel. Some are truly evil, others are wildcards of their work. Others are benevolent, they will listen and help." He rumbled, then looked into the tree above him.

"Where I come from, people worshipped a goddess of the very stone beneath them. A goddess of crystals." He spoke lowly, yet his tone was that of happiness. Looking down, he shrugged. "She was a gentle soul."
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Casphian - 06-07-2022

x
Corrupted Flower
Solsken huffed a bit at what Byriath said, he could see where the other came from but he honestly still felt the gods were too high and mighty. After the things he had been through it would honestly take a lot to get him to change his ways. His attention drifted from his train of thought when the Xenosmilus had mentioned a goddess made of stone, catching the attention of his curiosity. "Oh? I have never heard of a goddess who could do such things. What was she like?" he asked, now quite curious about her but he wasn't about to tell Byriath about that. Yet his tail decided to betray him by wagging across the ground.

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Byriath - 06-11-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Byriath waved a dismissive paw. "Oh, she helped keep the ground from opening up beneath the people. Most never saw her, but those who did claimed she was blinding, glittering crystalline. Stories said she was motherly, and little children claimed to had seen her when they got lost in caves." The familiar topic of the goddess made him relax, and appear more open to the conversation. "Her deal was, that as long as a sacrifice was given once a year, she would protect the lands. But even if they were a day or more late, she would not be mad."

"Sacrifices were often prey that was hunted, meals that were prepared. Sometimes, as they hunted and made meals for this goddess, they would pray to another god. One of power, might." Of war. He would be very, very sparse on the topic. After all, he did not know how the boy would react to hearing that Byriath was a god.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: No, I don't mind the rain // Solsken - Casphian - 06-19-2022

x
Corrupted Flower
Solsken listened to the story with great interest, the pup surprisingly quite during all of it. It took him a moment to finally respond once Byriath had finished speaking, one question pestering at his mind and forcing it's way out. "Who was the other god?" He finally asked. His tail moved to curl around his paws, and his body shuffled a bit to find a more comfortable sitting position as he waited with baited breath to hopefully hear more about these gods.