Beasts of Beyond
START WALKING :: aviary construction - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: START WALKING :: aviary construction (/showthread.php?tid=15876)

START WALKING :: aviary construction - blackjack - 05-15-2022

// done with rattlebone's permission!!

Blackjack loved birds.

This was no mysterious secret withheld from the general public — the man loved his birds. So when Olalla announced the construction of The Pitt's very own aviary, his ears perked right up. He couldn't find himself engrossed in a project the way he would be with this very one. He could see it oh so clearly: an immense dome cage with towering wooden formations and a sizeable shelter in the case of storms should these winged residents require it, all adorned with the most spectacular display of flowers and plants that would put a king's garden to shame. Avian creatures of all breeds, colors, sizes, temperaments, origins, all gathered within this great dome to be trained by their Pittian masters.

Unfortunately, he had his severe doubts that the Ardents would approve of such a structure. It was energy best spent elsewhere, but it was a job to be done regardless of the fact, and one that Blackjack took up eagerly with his superiors' permission. With all of the new construction projects sprouting up throughout The Pitt's territory, there would surely be a surplus of materials to use for his vision, albeit a much more compact one that would take less time to build and call for less resources. The Skald traveled through the Plaza on the prowl for paper, pencils, and a notebook, eventually gathering his desired items after a decent amount of time spent. The paper he used to sketch a crude design for the aviary, which he didn't find totally necessary to follow if others wanted to deviate from the sketch, but it was what he felt was fitting.

On one sunny morning he was prepared to execute his plan. "If you're ready to get to work, come with me to the jungle," Blackjack said in the Plaza before retreating with his notebook, papers, and writing utensil in tow. There were various materials prepared at his specially-scouted location in the jungle, where the sun was less harsh and the weather was more fitting for a collection of birds than the unbearably hot, dry desert. The location of the jungle also gave them more access to native, feral avian wildlife, which were much less common in the scorching desert. There were outlines in the dirt that determined the boundaries of the aviary — it was far from a large structure, disobeying his beloved vision, but it was one that would be capable of housing a few birds for the sake of inter-clan communication and, if they so desired, espionage, in a similar fashion in which he had enlisted the assistance of his raven friend Oscuro. The bird will stay with me, though, he thought, somewhat bitter at the idea of leaving Oscuro in the aviary once it was finished. He was more than a bird; he was a friend, his partner.

No matter. It was time for them to roll their sleeves up. "Alright. This will be the location of our new aviary. For those willing to build, there will be materials nearby — some needed to be taken from the jungle, some excess from our other projects. And for those who can't put a nail through a plank of wood with a blade to their throat, you can go look for birds in the jungle or anywhere else that we can use as messengers, as Olalla said, and retrieve them." The jaguar gestured in various directions as he spoke, signaling the places that participants could go to depending on what they wished to do.

He grabbed hold of his notebook now, tapping the leather cover with his sharp claws. "If you catch a bird, come and let me take a look at it. I'll be recording the different kinds that we'll be finding, keeping a log of each. Suerte con todo." In all honesty, this entire project was a damn good excuse for him to draw birds and get credit for it without looking like he was wasting his time. This was important business, after all!
[glow=#f4c430,2,300]how to rob men blind[/glow] —

Re: START WALKING :: aviary construction - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 05-19-2022

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

buliding? his head tilted as blackjack's voice rang through the plaza. the male lumbered over with a small grin - he hadn't done anything productive in ages, and maybe this would get him back into kold's good graces. he said nothing, merely following blackjack and mentally thinking about who he knew would enjoy what. asmodeus, perhaps collecting wood? that kid had a lot of rage in him. arfur, he presumed, would definitely be the one to voluteer to catch the birds. if that was the case, jormungand would have to go with him to make sure he didn't... fall out of a tree and injure himself. he chuckled quietly, he liked the kid. plus, the redecoration to his house was truly a wonderful touch.

he saw blackjack holding a piece of paper and tilted his head to look at what was on it. "looks like a bold plan there, jackie." he teased, knowing full well that it was capable of being made. the pittians were tough for a reason, after all. oscuro didn't seem to be the one blackjack would leave behind, and they've talked about him being his partner a while ago.

"jokes aside, i'll help constructing the thing. i know my son would either like to look for birds or help gather supplies. he should have heard your call and be here soon." he gave a little shrug with a quirked smile. "anyways, aside from wood, i assume we need glass to allow light to shine through? or would that make the birds just bump into that? ooh, if possible, we could use tinted glass!" a wild suggestion as he was the least artistic character in the pitt - he wouldn't know a paintbrush from a stick or something.

with a small dip of his head he began padding towards one of the directions blackjack had pointed to.

Re: START WALKING :: aviary construction - ASMODEUS DI-ANGELO - 05-19-2022

"natus vincere" asmodeus ── his father walked away, he could smell the scent that lingered in the plaza like everyone elses - kin you could identify pretty much anywhere. he padded after jormungand, tail swishing in curiousity. he didn't quite know what he would like to do, but a stroll through the territory and looking for pretty animals would be nice. as they got there he made his way to blackjack. "i'd like to find some birds, blackjack. but what would happen if i do? like, how would i get them over here?"

"speech"