Beasts of Beyond
The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior (/showthread.php?tid=15853)

The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior - Apollo - 05-14-2022

aaaa[align=center]

"I walk a lonely road~ The only one that I have ever known~ That sounds like it would be popular somewhere..."
The giant dragon dog crested a hill, her eyes to the sky not watching where she was going. It was a warm day like any other, and honestly, the heat was starting to get to the hybrid. She'd woken up here a while ago with no memories. None! Call her crazy but she didn't think that was a normal thing around these parts.
She'd traveled all over from group to group and gained (or sometimes stole, but only on Tuesdays) many shiny trinkets that decorated her body. Some were bracelets and jangled around her neck or wrists, others had found their way into her mane or on her horns. They were cool, but none of them mattered as much as her notebook.
Around her hips hung a repurposed worn bag. It held exactly three things in it. Ink and quill to write with. Berries from her favorite tree. And the notebook she woke up with. She loved that notebook, almost as much as she had destroyed it with notes and bits of stories gathered from other travelers. She paused under a tree to reference it again.
There were many stories she'd picked up on over the years, some of which she believed to be true. This was one.
There was a tale she picked up on not to long ago of a god. One of nighttime and stars. Wanderer had thought Oh! I like those! And took off without a second thought. Looking back in hindsight...eh... Oops. She had no idea really what she was doing. She squinted at the sun.
"Could you go down now? I think it needs to be night to see this guy." She ran a clawed finger over the page.
"Or talk to him? Them? God I hope I don't have to make a sacrifice." She couldn't really do that stuff. The, uh, well usually what a sacrifice entailed. The 'bad jam' she had once called it. She snorted at her own joke.
She sighed, looking this way and that. Nothing seemed to be matching up with her totally not rushed map she'd made. Actually, on second thought, prolly best to be going to a group? Her stomach rumbled. Me too.

[member=3043]teef[/member]
aaaa
[color=transparent][W]isker

aaaa
Spoiler:
[color=transparent]aaa
[color=transparent]aaa

Re: The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior - aesior - 05-14-2022

AESIOR OPHELES
✯ — it just sucks to try and explain
space
a voice would pull the foraging tom from his self-absorbed thoughts, bringing the traveling merchant to lift his head from the plants to survey his surrounds, searching for the source of the voice that he heard. spotting a rather interesting dragon dog creature, he crouched down among the plants he was working with, watching her as she spoke to herself about the gods. something clicked in the grim's mind as he heard her speaking of a god of nighttime and stars, a face coming to mind, the great grandchild of his master. exhaling a breath, he would creep through the greenery to approach Wanderer, his tail slowly drifting to an upright position as he walked as a way to announce himself.

his paws and muzzle were stained different shades of different colors, most prominently by green, residue from his successful forages and trimmings of certain plants and roots. with careful washing, he knew they would eventually bleed from his silver-tan fur. observing wanderer a bit more with a calm expression when he had pushed from the plants, licking down fur that had been tussled out of place by various means, the tom sat down and rustled through his own satchel, relieved to find his ever trusty stick of charcoal and notebook. there he began to write, knowing himself an odd spectacle to any who had seen him. who would just skip the introduction and sit down and start writing when meeting someone new?

'the god of nighttime and stars is indeed a male, though he happens to hate sacrifices. he can be found at any time of day or night, stars are always there even if we can't see them. my name is aesior.', better late than never, he supposed. now, how should he explain how he knew this god, and seemed to know him personally. he hadn't seen much of the male, but he'd known of his arrival in his home group - where he shared bodies with his older sister who had not received a godhood, in fact the only member of the lineage as it was at the moment who didn't have a godhood. each interaction with that family often left his head reeling, and wondering how his master, his reaper, could handle their own bloodline, because he certainly couldn't.
space
✯ — MALE. TANGLE. MED DIFF. CAT. GRIM. LANGUAGE GUIDE. — ✯
#psy.

Re: The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior - Apollo - 05-20-2022

aaaa[align=center]

Wanderer tried her best not to jump when a giant, pale cat with a green muzzle approached her. Tried being the keyword.
"Hello!" She greeted. Is that blood? Blood isn't green. Or smell that good. Kinda like flowers? Instinctively she closed her notebook and held it close to her chest, but upon seeing that the tom had a notebook too, she loosen her grip on her own.
"I'm Wanderer," She introduced, cringing a bit. Did that name sound weird? "But you can call me Oleander - Ollie for short if you'd like."
She smiled, waiting for his response. When the tom didn't she couldn't help but frown a bit. Did she say something wrong? It took her a second to realize he held his notebook out to her, a second more for her to realize she should read it.
"Hi Aesior." She smiled. That sounded like a fancy tea, or a star. "The thing about the stars seems fake, cos I mean, we can't see any other stars during the day, but thank goodness he doesn't like sacrifices!" She smiled warmly at him. "Have you met him? Are you a myth researcher too?" It'd be nice to talk to someone about my findings.

//Rushed, sorry!

aaaa
[color=transparent][W]isker

aaaa
Spoiler:
[color=transparent]aaa
[color=transparent]aaa

Re: The only one that I have ever known || Wanderer and Aesior - aesior - 05-31-2022

oleander, hm? a nice name. he couldnt help but chuckle to himself at her reactions, a calm warmth in his chest. he was a sure to be strange sight, but all things aside, so was she to his eyes. smiling at her, in a friendly way, shaking his head gently. the stars were always a topic of great interest, most were always in search of some lore behind them, or some map in an attempt to discern their great far-away distance. as if there was something tangible up there, as if there was something kind or cruel and all-powerful. no. he did not believe the gods to have been in the sky, he believed them to be somewhere "inbetween" existences.

blinking softly before smiling again, 'he has lost too many to sacrifices, including his beloved once upon a time. if you were to ask him, he would say that sacrifices were incredibly stupid and the person who first came up with the concept was beyond idiotic. i have met him, yes, he is in fact upon this land. i am not a myth researcher, but i have worked alongside the gods before, as my master is one themself. he resides within tanglewood, the same group i hail from, though he is most oft in a ruined mood.'

sorry no fancy today lol//