Beasts of Beyond
We never had enough / Jormungand - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: We never had enough / Jormungand (/showthread.php?tid=15590)

We never had enough / Jormungand - Kold - 04-24-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW - I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE WORLD DOWN!
The sun slowly sets on the western horizon, painting the sky a myriad of warm tones. Kold sits by the Nile, tail skimming over the sands. Her black paw is raised, turned slightly upward, with a gentle red flame dancing on it. Her wings are partially extended, their thumbs planted firmly into the damp and mildly red sands.

Her face is that of an eerie, yet peaceful, calm. Watching the Nile and paying little attention to the flame that dances to and fro on her claws. But eventually her eyes direct themselves to her paw. Specifically, the lack of a scar there. And she realizes that her neck is warm, not affected by a cool breeze.

A thoughtful hum leaves her, but she redirects her eyes to the ever flowing Nile.

[member=18043]JORMUNGAND[/member]
Kold Darcia Ní Broin - Pitt - Marauder
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: We never had enough / Jormungand - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-25-2022

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

kold. the now-returned female who used to despise him. she had been for killing him too, after the whole elsweyr fiasco. but now, she seemed different. quiet, melancholy. he observed her silent form from a distance before padding up to her with a soft bark to announce his arrival. "you know any tricks yet?" he murmured, taking a seat next to him. he was happy for her that she had her former rank restored, she really had deserved the title. despite her hating him he had no qualms against her, and he wanted to keep their  friendship intact, or create one if it was non-existent.

Re: We never had enough / Jormungand - Kold - 04-25-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
She moved little in response to Jormungand's words - instead opting to shrug. "I didn't try to learn. She didn't like fire. And I didn't want to scare her.. but she's not here anymore, so what's the point." Her muscles strained in her raised paw, and the fire's color went from a red to a bright, hot yellow.

Pain flashed in her ebony eyes and she let out an airy snort. "Why do you ask, do you want me to entertain you? Or are you planning a little play for our ardents?" She chortled, a cold smirk on her lips. Oh, how she would love to burn Olalla's nose with her fire at least once. But, as she remembered, Jormungand already had his fiery punishment two years ago.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: We never had enough / Jormungand - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-26-2022

JORMUNGAND
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

her hostility didn't surprise him. "who did not like fire?" elsweyr? the name was engraved in his memory and there was little chance he would forget it. he watched the fire dance and shift in color, and a soft smile made its way across his face. "i do not wish to antagonise you, i was just hoping we could become friends maybe. i have no intention of entertaining the ardents, despite me having respect for them. i just want to live my life to the fullest and take care of arfur."

Re: We never had enough / Jormungand - Kold - 04-28-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Her face harbored a slightly shocked expression, but soon it went away as she lowered her muzzle. "Aine." The mere name left Kold in a sad mood. Without Aine and Gael, she was without family. Without a cornerstone in her life. Stability. The flame flickered away and she sighed deeply.

"Two years ago I would have killed you for a bone." She started, though her tone wasn't aggressive or mean, just straightforward. "There were many a time I wanted to disobey Gael and tear your heart out - Dante too. Nothing stops me from doing so, now. But..." She sighed, ears flattening against her head. "You have a family. I can't just rob you from them."

A weary, cautious smile crept across her face. "Why'd you want to be friends with me, of all people?"
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: We never had enough / Jormungand - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-29-2022

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

aine. a name he hadn't heard in a long, long time. daughter of gael, he believed. she seemed shocked, then a look of melancholy took over her face as she dipped her head to stare at the ground. concentration broke and the fire fluttered weakly before dying as she heaved a deep sigh.

her tone changed, turning blunt, straight to the point. he respected that, and listened to what she said with a nod. he wasn't thinking any different - he remembered the way she looked at him as he returned with a brand on his chest. he remembered her words. don't speak about loyalty, you traitorous fuck. when he first discovered he could manipulate air. she was considerate though, not wanting to steal him from his children. that's what she mentioned previously too. if it weren't for his children, he was sure he'd be dead upon returning.

she smiled, looking tired. asked why he wanted to befriend her, and he chewed his lip, staring out into the distance. a small gust of wind ruffled his pelt before he responded. "i would like to be your friend because i see someone interesting in you. i do not know what you have been through, but i was there when you came back from the dead. i saw you not as a... sorry to word it like this, goopy mess that you were, but i saw you as kold because it was you there." he took a deep breath then let it out his nose. this wasn't going really well, and he had another question to ask her. he had been considering this a long time - he saw how close kold had been to gael and aine - they were family. now both had left, leaving the maurader behind to fend for herself. well, best to get straight to the point. he muttered a small curse in italian before clearing his throat. "kold, i know this is very sudden, but i feel i have changed. i am not the man i once was, i strive to be better. i took arfur into my home because he seemed like he had no-one, and he seemed unhappy staying in the nursery. i am glad i could offer him an opportunity to explore what he desires - he has raw talent at painting. kold, would you like to ah, move into my house with arfur and i?" this was going really badly, wasn't it? here he was, trying to extend an olive branch, and with kold not being a child anymore it was more difficult. "what i am trying to say is, do you want to become part of my family?" he trailed off, shifting his paws.

he had no idea what she would say, how she felt about him still after his whole fiasco, but he saw her in the pitt. when she first returned she was merely a shell of her past self, dripping goop everywhere she went, but now she had brightened up a little bit, and he was happy. he had never harboured negative feelings towards the other, and felt that everything she did towards him was justified by his idiocracy.