Beasts of Beyond
along the way ☀ Q&A - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: along the way ☀ Q&A (/showthread.php?tid=1547)

along the way ☀ Q&A - arcy - 05-24-2018

Izuku can't tell whether his weekly task or just a blessing in disguise. Honestly, it might just be both. To elaborate -- Izuku had been absent for a while, and these was a great way to get reinvolved. On the other? This was going to be what killed him. One-on-one standoffs with creatures a few times his size? Fine. Actual interactions with his clanmates? Izuku sure didn't know anything about that. If Izuku's anxiety had been bad before he became human then boy, it was absolutely terrible now.
Still, Izuku does his best to steel himself. It's better than any actual, physical challenge, and he definitely expected worse from Aizawa. And it's not like a Q&A would be, well, horrible, though Izuku isn't sure what kind of questions would be asked. Though, he had an idea, based off of the one Q&A that had been hosted back in his old group. But, oh, how was he supposed to announce this? The Tenderfoot frowns, claws curling around the flower stem as his bleary eyes struggle to focus on the marigold. Then he sighs. Might as well say it as it is. That's how it normally went, he's pretty sure. Besides, Izuku isn't a particularly important person, so he doesn't have to be fancy about it. Also, what did 'so everyone gets to know each other' even mean? Who's asking the questions to who? Izuku is terribly, terribly lost. Who allowed him to be released into the world like this.
"Um... Q&A -- questions and answers, over here!" The Maine Coon chirps out, then falters. That was bad, but -- okay, he could live with that. I mean, it got the point across? That was all Izuku could ask for, really -- he'd struggled with words in his native language, and he's probably doing even worse when it was, you know, this weird form of English. Oh well. This was how his life was now, he'd just have to own up to those mistakes or. Something.
what was i worth

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - tristitia - 05-25-2018

fate or finality
Lioness The Typhoon Betta tags
Well, it looked like two of the Snowbounders was... ah, socially awkward. Sekai could and would really agree with on that one. Though, her social awkwardness was not met with... well, nervousness. More like outbursts of anger and annoyance. You know, like her father! Well, mostly like every Skywalker.

Sekai would be walking around, taking in these cold lands. She heard a voice, and then it faltering. The lioness turns her head to the source. A green Maine Coon? Well, that was different than most animals she saw. The mudydy-colored older cub walked over, a small, welcoming smile on her face. Might as well make the poor lad feel at home. He did get the point across, that was for sure. In a neutral voice, Sekai asked, “Well, you look ncie! So, you got any powers or anything?”
© madi

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - ATBASH CIPHER. - 05-26-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
light the night up,
you're my dark star
To be truthful, it seemed like most Snowbounders were socially awkward. Atbash wasn't sure if she considered herself socially awkward, but it was sometimes a little weird for her to talk to strangers. Like, they made her nervous just a little, though not to the point where things became silent for a long time. She tried not to do that, anyway. "Izuku, it's been a while!" The Savannah purred as she came over. "How's things been going?"
bio | female | flurryhost [shp] of snowbound
© madi

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - arcy - 05-26-2018

It takes a few minutes for somebody to arrive, but when they do, Izuku kind of -- lets himself relax. He supposes -- well, it's usually the whole 'initiation' thing of stuff like this that gets him. Once he's actually into the event, he's fine. And the arrival, a young lion, seems perfectly friendly, so Izuku allows himself a grin
"Th-thanks!" Izuku allows himself to chirp, despite being a little surprised. He gets a lot of weird looks for his fur, and he definitely doesn't blame them, considering it's a bright green color. Still, next to no comments, and none about 'nice' -- just 'weird'(not in a bad way, but --) "I, uh -- I can make electricity, and I can conjure stuff!" Izuku grin relaxes a little more, and he's barely keeping himself from going on a long analysis or explanation on it. Instead, he lifts a paw and allows a few crackles of blue electricity to form, as an example, before putting it back down, fur spiked up from the static.
And Atbash -- that was a weird question for a Q&A, but it was familiar enough for Izuku to not even worry. I mean, he's not too familiar with the Savannah, but even so! The Maine Coon's tail wags. "Hi, Atbash!" He chirps, despite a moment of fumbling to remember her name. Huh, maybe he should try and spend some more time with his clanmates. "They've been -- pretty well, I guess? I spent some time alone, recovering," He motions vaguely to his scarred eyes in explanation, just because he's obvious, apparently. Izuku then spends a moment pondering if he should return the question, considering this is his Q&A, but -- "How've you been, too?" He tries, ears turning. His Q&A, yes, but he could stand to be polite, for one.
what was i worth

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - pallid-i - 05-26-2018

"How do you cope with knowing that your life is a lie." There was almost a bitter undertone in his voice, but when Harrison saw Izuku, he just gave a weak smile. The once cheerful kit was having a hard time coming to grips with his life, though he was trying.. Believe me, he was trying. "And do you know how I can keep my fur soft?" This was his attempt at making it lighthearted, because his first question had been a bit.. dark. He didn't want to make Izuku uncomfortable.
i couldn't even keep you

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - ATBASH CIPHER. - 05-27-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
light the night up,
you're my dark star
"That's good." Atbash responded in a light tone. It was good that Izuku was recovering; she should honestly take a break sometime and do that herself. Not that she was overstressed, of course, just a nice relaxing day would be great to recover from any stresses that had popped up. Say, the issue with the prey, for example. And speaking of recovering, Harrison made his way over, though Atbash winced inwardly at his question. She bit her lip a bit, glancing over at Izuku to see his reaction.
bio | female | flurryhost [shp] of snowbound
© madi

Re: along the way ☀ Q&A - arcy - 05-28-2018

Izuku is still smiling at Atbash as she speaks when he hears Harrison. Izuku's ears perk -- at least until he actually registers what Harrison said. Well that was ... concerning. What'd happened while Izuku was gone? He hadn't suspected anything, so he hadn't asked around but. It appears that'd been a mistake.
"I'm ... pretty sure that my methods weren't very healthy. I just sort of ... pretended it didn't happen or that it wouldn't mean anything at all." Izuku offers after a long few moments. For a moment he'd though that he hadn't had an experience like that but no, he'd lived his life depending/believing he'd get a quirk so. It was kind of messy when he didn't. No, seriously, he spent the next ten years deep in denial. And then training to become  hero once he met All Might led him here so. No, not ideal. Anyways, those things had just been kind of ... personally unhealthy, with the context. So he's kinda wary of talking about it without knowing what happened to Harrison???? "Personally, pretending it didn't mean anything was more physically unhealthy, considering that I kept on getting myself into trouble, " Izuku snorts. He'd still run to every hero fight, and he'd definitely gotten a lot of minor injuries from that. And Harrison's next question ... why would Harrison ask Izuku that, personally. Had ... had he even looked at Izuku's fur. It was a mess. Had he ever groomed in his life?
"I'm. not sure? I assume you just keep your fur clean and groomed, but --" The maine coon replies, looking somewhat puzzled. He knew nothing about fur. Izuku hadn't owned a pet when he was human because of the apartment size, so all he knew was from second hand sources. ... He should probably try and figure out the secrets eventually, though. Not just for his fur, but for his wings. Izuku was just a living, breathing mass of tangled fur and crooked feathers.
what was i worth