Beasts of Beyond
YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister (/showthread.php?tid=15410)

Pages: 1 2

YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-03-2022

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

it was the middle of the night. the moon hung, a thin slit, lighting up the night sky. the panther heaved a sigh, his shoulders drooping. he was sitting in bed, not being able to sleep. his window was open and he could see the ashen city, its buildings lit up by a slight glow from the moon. he was tired, tired of putting on a façade, tired of all of this drama, and just wanted to communicate again.

he rose to his paws, stretching languidly. nudged open his door and kicked it shut, lumbering over towards the city in ruins. there she stood, his sister, wreathed in white like a halo, a figure with a hint of a smile. she leapt over to him, a huge grin breaking on her face. her scent enveloped him, he relaxed into her embrace and sighed.

"i missed you." they spoke, at the same time, and laughed, her giggle ringing in the wind. how he had missed that sound. remembered it, every evening until it nearly haunted him.

"how are you doing, j?" she murmured, pressing her neck against his and purring. his tail twitched angrily. "there is a lot of chaos happening and i am not sure how to deal with it. but i think i can manage, somehow, as difficult as it might be." he shook his head, the fur ringing his neck brushing against hers.

"it will be better someday, brother. don't forget your dream." she chided him softly, and a weak chuckle left him. "yeah, i am not sure about that, hah." he sat down, his haunches dropping to the ground with a thud. "i am trying my very best to become... the greatest i can be. i have been working, i have been training, i have pushed myself. i am tired, baby. but it is okay. i have friends to accompany me."

she nodded in understanding, then her smile turned cheeky, shy. "now, tell me about your loved one." her fur turned slightly red and he grinned. "vale, eh? our new, returned ardent." he laid a limb over her shoulders. "are you embarassed? you do not need to be, baby." she swatted him, playfully, her paw disappearing through his chest for a moment. "i think ve is really an amazing person and interesting to, ah, hang around with. it makes me happy to be with ver." she made a happy noise. "that's good, is it not? that you found someone you genuinely are interested in?" he nodded, and she mimicked the movement excitedly. "i cannot wait to see your children! i'm going to be an aunt!" she cajoled quietly, and this time it was his turn to duck his head. "it is not so soon yet, baby. we have barely had our first date."

the moon was dipping already, and she looked up. "dawn is coming. you should go rest, brother." she said, snatching a leaf from his back with her teeth and spitting it out. "i will miss you. he said. this time he wasn't that sad about her departure. talking to her had lifted his spirits, and he was feeling a bit better. he took a step back, watched her turn around with one departing wave of her tail. he inhaled her scent, floral, and smiled.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - shinigami sakigami - 04-03-2022

Arfur had never really had much family. In truth, as far as he could remember, he had no family left at all. The purple hued pup had spent a lot of time thinking he was abandoned on purpose. Even moreso, he wondered why. But, now he supposed this was his family. Everyone in it was, they had to be.

The strange pup had been listening to the voice nearby, ears less than focused on the context. Slowly, the young boy slipped in, placing his gaze upon them. Jormungand was one of few he hadn’t really spoken to yet. Perhaps now was his chance?

Hi! I am Arfur, are you okay?

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-04-2022

JORMUNGAND
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

hearing another voice pipe up he shut his eyes, inhaled deeply, before turning to arfur. he was so tiny, yet tried to care about him. "yeah, arfur. i am fine. just had a small chat with my sister, that is all. what are you doing, wide awake? it is quite early in the morning.." did this child not have parents? or did something happen to them? the skald rose to his paws and padded over, gently brushing back a loose strand of fur from arfur's back.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - shinigami sakigami - 04-04-2022

His eyes softened as Jormungand responded to him. Talking to his sister? There was no one here! Arfur glanced around a couple times, trying to wrap his head around the response he’d been given. If he was speaking to his sister, then shouldn’t Arfur be able to see her? After all, he had only walked in a few moments after he heard the voices. Due to the demeanor of his clanmate while speaking, however, he did not wish to ask any questions.

It seemed Jormungand had questions to ask, though.

Why was Arfur awake? Well, the pup really didn’t spend much time sleeping. There were a multitude of reasons why the boy stayed up all night. Which reason could he really tell them? “Oh, I like to walk at night, I can’t falls asleep,” he responded, blinking slowly at his clanmate before deciding to lean back onto his posterior. As he sat, Arfur nodded his head and looked back up at Jormungand.

Since you has a sister…do you has a mommy and daddy?

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-05-2022

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

arfur glanced around, evidently looking for his sister. he chuckled, good luck looking for someone that only he could see, who was now gone. but the child didn't ask any questions, thankfully. he didn't feel like explaining anything to anybody right now, especially not a child.
the kid responded that he liked to walk in the evenings because he couldn't fall asleep. jormungand nodded, that made sense. arfur leaned back on his haunches, and jor sat down too.
"since you has a sister.. do you has a mommy and daddy?" the child asked, and he flicked his tail. "i must have had a pair because otherwise how could i have been born? i do not really know about my father, but my mother is... no longer with us." he narrowed his eyes briefly - his parents wasn't a topic he'd like to bring up or talk about.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - shinigami sakigami - 04-05-2022

Admittedly, Arfur was a bit surprised to see Jor sit down as well. He wouldn’t complain, however. It was nice to not be lonely for once, even if the context of the conversation was a tad upsetting for both parties involved. Listening intently, the pup would nod his head in understanding. So, Jor had a sister he could not see, and a mother who had died? It was odd, really. Arfur had only wished he could see his family again. However, their faces were fuzzy and his mind couldn’t piece together who his family even was.

I do not have a mommy or daddy,” he replied, lifting his small shoulders in a sort of shrug. Then, he would scoot closer to Jormungand and allow his gaze to travel from the ground, back up to their face. “But…I guess it’s okay because you guys are my family, right?” he rationalized, allowing a small smile to slip onto his face.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-06-2022

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

the kid seemed a little surprised when the male sat down, but he sensed that arfur needed company. he wasn't the least bit surprised when arfur announced he didn't have parents, and the muscles on jor's face softened as the child scooted over to him. jor put a paw around the other's shoulders and gently rubbed the fur. "yes arfur, we are your family. and as family, we all take care of each other, remember that." he responded to the child's smile with a small one of his own. "do you have anyplace to sleep?"

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - shinigami sakigami - 04-06-2022

A place to sleep? Well, Arfur had a room. However, that room was very lonely. It was miserable and dark most nights, especially since he lived alone. A brief shrug was his initial response, eyes darting away for a moment. How could he explain that while he physically had someplace to sleep, he did not like the place?

I has a room, but it’s dark and lonely,” the pup responded, kicking at the ground beneath him.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-06-2022

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

after the child hesitated and almost reluctantly admitted that he does have a room but it's lonely. the skald considered a brief moment. "in the least creepy way possible, how would you like to stay with me? i have a nice fireplace and i am sure we can build you a bed next or close to it.." or he could always use asmodeus' old bed after his son had moved out. he just wanted to help the child, not wanting the other to be lonely at a stage where social development was important.

Re: YOU'RE SAFE, CHILD // talking to his sister - shinigami sakigami - 04-06-2022

Stay? With Jor? Arfur’s face lit up with a brief taste of joy. Then, a quaint nod followed as he glanced about.  “Really? I stays with you?” he asked, excitement filling his face as his bubbly demeanor showed once more. Was this family? Possibly.