Beasts of Beyond
new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties (/showthread.php?tid=15117)

new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - SHERBET - 01-13-2022

Sherbet hovered around the border of the Typhoon. He had wandered unbound in a haze of depression, and heartbreak, due the recent disasters and losses in the Palm Glades. His friends, the original leader, his favorite place on the beach to watch the stars. All gone. In the time he wandered, he did freelance architecture. He'd make blueprints, then sell them, or just gave them away. He had no home anymore, so the ice cream cat had no need for currency.

2 years have passed since all this happened, and here he was. He vaguely remembered the merger, he didn't remember much really of all that happened. Sherbet just wandered, smoked, and glided through the 2 years as if he was but a ghost.

He was tired of being a ghost.

He stood on the tracks, uncertain yet completely certain.

He will live and heal.

"Speaking" & 'Thinking'

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - LETHE ELD-CIPHER - 02-07-2022

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
Jotunhel had not thought too much of the merger when it had occurred. It was surprising to see new faces, and have to recognize that he really needed to get a better grip on how easily the wyvern had found other creatures to be beautiful. That sort of thinking was probably going to get him killed one day, but for now, he settled with his best attempts to keep things nice and simple.

Four eyes squint at the sight of what looked to be a massive pile of ice cream, dripping like it was being baked in the morning sun. It took the wyvern a sad amount of time to realize that this was a creature, not a dumped pile of confectionary treats left on the tracks as if it had been a discarded package. He descended, landing a distance away, before slowly moving over. How... unique. It made the wyvern wonder what other marvels this land had to offer, and how much his poor heart could take of looking at such beautiful people.

"Hello," Jotunhel greeted with a dip of his fuzzy head. "You're close to, or in, the Typhoon's territory. Is there anything I could help you with?" He asked, gently setting his wings in a neatly folded position in front of him. "Im Jotunhel, and you are...?"

jotunhel ._. wyvern ._. tags
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - Morrison - 02-10-2022

MORRISON
The other's large form led him to another on the island's edge. A strange fellow crossed his orange hues, causing the wolf to momentarily pause before approaching any further. Their stature was interesting. Edible, even? Probably not. He dearly hoped so though. Morrison merely craned his head and continued walking along, eventually finding himself next to Jotunhel's side. A paw aimed to jab at the dragon's side with a smirk. "Ain't that look delicious, mate?" he loudly proclaimed. "No one crosses the shores without being shark bait." Flashing his sharp chompers, he continued to smirk. Shark bait, hoo-haha!

Getting past the jokes, although probably not as obvious to Sherbert, the wolf straightened out. "Ya heard what the big fella said," the captain barked. A clawed paw pointed towards Jotunhel, only to return to the sand moments later. "Now's the time to pipe up." The wolf did not feel the need to introduce himself yet. His position was important, but he didn't want to feel appealed to either if it was mentioned. He chose to wait it out and see what they had in mind.
——————— wolf & the typhoon + palm glades & info ———————

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - SHERBET - 02-13-2022

Sherbet startled at the two's appearance, "I'm Sherbet Flóki, used to be part of Palm Glades." His claws anxiously slid out and began kneading the ground at the wolf's sharp grin, "I am seeking membership since I took up wandering during the merger." Taking a deep breath, and great effort, the tabby sheathed his claws, "It's nice to meet you Jotunhel, I've never seen an animal like you before." He took in the large male, not at all realizing that he is also a creature most haven't seen.

"Speaking" & 'Thinking'

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - Morrison - 02-24-2022

CAPTAIN MORRISON
If he was anyone else, Morrison would instigate further on their wandering travels, but due to his own experience as a loner, he felt no need. His travels across the land lead him to see glorious and strange places within his lifetime. Eventually, though, he had to settle. The Typhoon and Palm Glades were his choices due to their familiar environment and the family that remained within their borders. "I see," he mumbled back. "Hope you got your fair share of the world. Might be quizzin' you on geography later." A soft laugh left him, followed quickly by his smile widening. Maybe they could exchange stories later. That would be an interesting earful.

Considering their former alliance, the captain felt no need to push them further. "S'pose we can take ya in, mate," came his certain bark. "I used to be a Glader, myself." Morrison squinted. No, he didn't think he recognized this one. It had been two years though... Going from eight years to ten in what seemed to be a short time just made his memory worse. Coming up with nothing, he softened his gaze. Oh well.

Introductions were in order. The blue canine offered a dip of his head and a subtle wave of his finned tail. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sherbet Flóki..." '...again perhaps?' "My name is Cap'n Morrison, leader of The Typhoon." The captain part was more of a nickname from his past, but it truly had meaning now. Moving past himself, he offered a gesture to the dragon nearby. His paw mockingly circled the other's position. "Jotunhel here is our resident big fucker, wyvern of the seas. Ain't he pretty?" Orange hues looked the other up and down. Ever since the other's compliment, Morrison had a preference for the big guy.
——————— wolf & the typhoon + palm glades & info ———————

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - SHERBET - 02-27-2022

Most of the tension fizzled from Sherbet's body, his kneading stopped, "It's been...a long two years. It's nice to meet you Captain Morrison." With a deep respectful nod, the pastel tabby paused, "I didn't go out much on the Glades, and tended to stick to select few." A wry grin crossed his face as he recalled one of many reasons why, "It's a bit hard to clean sand off yourself when you're perpetually, quote unquote, melting." Sherbet gently loafed as he thought about his favorite area of the Glades (he'll never have something like that little area next to the boardwalk ever again), "I loved the beach, and I still do, but it's something I treated myself to instead of milling around a lot."

As he pulled himself of out his reverie, he startled himself with a long mreow of laughter, "I hate to break it to you, Captain, but I failed Geography to pass Math." His laugh fading into snickers as his green eyes moved to where the aquatic wolf was looking at the big wyvern, and hummed teasingly, "A wyvern of the seas, huh? I can agree with pretty, Captain."

"Speaking" & 'Thinking'

Re: new prints | sherbet ; open/joining | old ties - Morrison - 03-08-2022

[Image: 39337026_iDDu7Bz04pspvuK.gif]
Ironically, he didn't tend to stay inside and be anti-social. Morrison was a socializer at heart. He just never met the right animals it appeared, especially with a notable Glader in front of him. That wasn't an issue though. At their response, he merely nodded along and lowered his paw down to stay attentive. "No biggie. I find pleasure in my own crowd too," he replied proudly. Pleasure in their presence and in other ways unbeknownst to the rest, although his loud mouth was sure to tell the tale sometime. He decided to add onto their next statement with a widened smirk. "I'm sure you were melting hearts too though, Mr. Floki, despite the small crowd, eh?" A small compliment, minding the sand.

No geography though? Math instead? So much for 'street smart.' This was a nerd who didn't enjoy books, but math? It was a joke, sure, but Morrison merely snorted. The wolf couldn't help but side eye the wyvern, waiting for their own reaction to their statement. A dragon without knowledge of the land would be a travesty. Thank god Sherbet was just a small feline.

Back on the other though, he merely craned his head. "Typhooners gotta be pretty or else they get sent to the Coalition of the Condemned," came his bark. A mocking laugh echoed deeply out from Morrison and coolly followed his statement with another within seconds. "Pirates need to be gorgeous to steal some booty."