Beasts of Beyond
i see fire | blooding ritual - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: i see fire | blooding ritual (/showthread.php?tid=15047)

i see fire | blooding ritual - Renlys - 07-07-2021

Well, that had been fucking hell.

Renlys had been banned from flying during his ritual.  His large size and wingspan had given him an unfair advantage in the Pitt's desert-walking tradition, so he had been 'grounded' in the attempt to keep the challenge hard.  It was humiliating and disgustingly common, but he had gotten through.  All he had needed to do was kill an animal and return home on foot like a peasant.

It had been relatively easy.  So easy, that instead of one kill with a couple bone pieces, he had brought back a small pack of mutated jackal carcasses (whole, even if they were a bit charred.)  Surely, that would be enough to satisfy his quest.  The hardest part had just been not to fly the entire way back,

Renlys dropped the stinking corpses once he reached the Central Plaza and threw his head back in a raucous screech.  He'd done it.  Now where was the food he had been promised?  He hadn't walked all the way back from that stupid, flat desert for nothing.

Re: i see fire | blooding ritual - AEGON - 07-07-2021

ONCE YOU COMMITTED ME
A grueling screech erupted throughout the central plaza as Aegon sat near a pyramid with eyes focused on the warm-colored horizon. His thoughts were promptly interrupted. Vision unblurring, the lion's maned head turned to towards the noisy ruckus. He blinked to readjust his eyes, only to narrow in on the dropped carcasses on the ground. So this was a blooding? Paws pressed against the floor and haunches rose upwards as he began to tower forward and saunter over. He only came to a stop at the edge of the pile with one of his front paws lightly resting on the ribcage of a jackal.

After observing their results, his vision upturned towards Renlys. Aegon smirked. "Now this-" His claw tapped on the exposed and charred bone. "- is quite impressive." Moving his paw off the other's collection, he lowered back down into a sitting position. Chiseled facial features were raised high as he continued to look at the bigger dragon in awe and morbid curiosity.

How had they done it? Were they together as a pack or separate captures? Surely, the horseman could hypothetically ask those within eternal damnation, but hearing the story from the source was more exhilarating. Craning his head, he began to speak his mind. "Tell me," came his inquiry. "Did they scream?" Aegon could imagine the dragon swooping in without a sound and ending it instantly, but this was a blooding. There had to be some vile aspects to the tradition, correct? After all, he was learning. The Pitt seemed to revolve around itself masochism and violence, but he didn't want to make any assumptions.
NOW YOU'VE ACQUITTED ME

Re: i see fire | blooding ritual - Renlys - 07-08-2021

Renlys snorted at the question.  "Of course they screamed.  Canids are always lousy sports about being prey.  They think ganging up on creatures larger than them will advance their chances.  Perhaps their stupidity would trick a common gazelle, but I am of fire and iron."  He flashed a very toothy smile at the mention of his lineage.

"Aegon is a name of kings in my home country, the blood of the dragon.  I have no doubt that your ritual will be very easy with such a moniker."

Re: i see fire | blooding ritual - VALE - 07-08-2021

[align=center]
graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ 3-eyed crow
Hmmmmmmmm, I think I can cook up a tasty treat with these fresh corpses.” Vale circled down and attempted to land on Renlys’s right horn. “Nice job. Knew you’d bring back a ton for the feast! I’ll have it up tomorrow morning—how about a beach day feast, eh? Hot sand, salt water, and lots of food. Should be fun.”

As for Renlys and Aegon’s conversation, Vale thought it best not to butt in. Let the Pittians bond! Especially since Vale’s bird brain was more preoccupied with thinking of cooking methods. Like, maybe, burying the jackal carcasses in the beach sand for some slowcooked meats… mmm, delicious.
YOU NEVER TRUSTED ME ★
BUT I’M OVER IT NOW
[sub][W]isker[/sub]