Beasts of Beyond
heatwave's faking me out // human college boba shop au - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: heatwave's faking me out // human college boba shop au (/showthread.php?tid=15023)

heatwave's faking me out // human college boba shop au - XANTI - 06-26-2021

straight for the throat you’re like an animal!
in for the kill, like you're an animal!
[align=center]
Ximen hunched his gangly self over his notebook and tomb of advanced number theory. Learning this complex and bizarrely illogical branch of mathematics challenged his confidence in the field, but at least studying it felt witchy. This stuff was as close to black magic as he could get without Lovecraft, and this way he avoided the awkward racism and sexism that plagued the horror master’s work.

His table was far enough inside the boba shop to avoid the rolling heat whenever a customer walked in, but not so far in that the A/C unit in the back rustled his notebook. He only had one eraser and a half-finished peach tea to weigh down his papers, after all, and he’d like to avoid water stains on his materials.

Even in his carefully chosen study spot, the summer heat stultified his mind. If he’d gone home for summer quarter like his sister, then wild horses wouldn’t have been able to drag him from his ice-cold room. The blackout curtains would’ve protected his delicate eyes from the sun’s glare, and he’d alternate between blasting metal and practicing the bass. Maybe one day his high school band would get back together. Maybe one day he’d make another one, a real professional one this time, and they’d break into fame before he lost his soul to the soul-crushing workforce.

But he couldn’t daydream in a musical haze, because he’d signed up for the two hardest classes in his senior year as a math major. They were easier during summer quarter, just as he’d expected, but he’d forgotten to factor the abhorrent lack of A/C in his shitty off-campus housing. Everyone said it was a Seattle thing, so he thought the locals were morons. Who endured summer heatwaves without fucking A/C?

Sighing, he ruffled his head’s shaved sides. Maybe he’d bite the bullet and lop the undercut into a low fade. That’d help, right? But then he’d lose a full year’s growth. As much as summer robbed him of his sanity, he refused to lose this battle, because what was a goth boy without his nonconformist hairstyle?

Re: heatwave's faking me out // human college boba shop au - Kiara Kokytos - 06-27-2021

KIARA KOKYTOS
- tanglewood
- two ( 2 ) years physically
- coyote
- fallen Sin of Greed

she was strolling along the street, window-shopping when a cute boba tea shop sign caught her attention. "ooh.." she murmured to herself quietly, pushing the door open with a hum and immediately was hit with the cold air, sending goosebumps rising up her arms. shook her head, purple hair bobbing, gaze zeroing in on a kinda cute but in a scruffy way guy, around the same age as her. she approached him with a smile, her bold personality allowing her eyes to scan him from head to toe. "heya! i'm kiara. pleased to meet you."

Re: heatwave's faking me out // human college boba shop au - butch kennedy - 06-28-2021

[glow=blue,1,400]YES, SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE, LIKE THE FEEL OF YOUR HAND IN MINE — 。+゚.[/glow]
"Thank you."  Firefly smiled at the barista as she wheeled herself to the counter to retrieve her drink.  The lady behind the bar didn't seem to hear her, and had already gone about her business when Firefly had reached the pick-up station.  A thick slab of marble greeted her eye-line with her tea resting innocuously above her head.  The countertop was no doubt raised higher than normal to account for children who might want to reach over and disturb the drink-making process, but it sure was a hassle for seated people such as herself.

Firefly resigned herself to grabbing a part of the counter and pulling herself up high enough with one hand to snatch her prize with the other.  She fell back into her chair with an ungraceful plop, resulting in a few precious drops of her tea landing in her lap, but it was a small price to pay for the treat.

Quite pleased with herself, Firefly surveyed her options.  A cool but cramped shop extended before her, cozy enough for an able-bodied individual but not necessarily friendly to wheel-bound people such as herself.  The heavy cushioned chairs weren't easy to move and the tables with lighter, wooden chairs were arranged close to the back of the room.  On the other hand, she could swelter in the heat and allow her perfectly crafted milk tea to be watered down by prematurely melted ice.

Unimpressed by the second option, Firefly steeled her resolve and wheeled herself further into the shop, settling down at a table whose chairs had been left in disarray by a previous guest.  Happy to sip her drink in a less crowded zone, she set her sights on people-watching.  A table over, a young man was perched over a collection of books.  Firefly craned her head to see what he was so intent on.  Natural numbers... integers... 

"Number theory!"  The strawberry blonde burst out before she could stop herself.  "I took that last year, I couldn't even get through it, I had to switch to a different major."
template credit to guppy