Beasts of Beyond
to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] (/showthread.php?tid=14982)

to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - Romulus - 06-10-2021

The meeting seemed to go relatively well. Despite Inferno's pushback on searching for their former leader, the Kingpin felt obligated to at least check. More thoroughly than the last. It would be a great disservice. With some spots in mind, the lion headed out with a satchel wrapped around his side and supplies within it. Some snacks, water, binoculars, forensics novels, and more lined the leather bag as he walked along.

First, the western island. He was working from left to right, but he couldn't help having one landmark coming to mind: the nursery. Aphra Cipher was infamous for popping out children. If someone was to known where she was, then maybe the many mothers and children within the nursery would know. Wandering into the area, his eyes traced those that wandered to and from the nursery carefully for a moment before approaching. Finalizing his decision, he brushed through the doorway and looked around. His presence caught their attention immediately. Romulus questioned the majority as they approached, but not a single wanderer gave any significant answers. Some led him to the grotto, others to the greenhouse. Nothing came up.

Disappointed in the results, the lion slunk down into the serpent's caves and traversed into the central island with ease. Paws passed through the forbidden caves momentarily. Searching through the debris and clawing away any scraps, he let out a sigh. Romulus wouldn't have been surprised if someone slashed her throat, let crimson run down her body, and then discard it within a barred area of the Coalition of the Condemned. It appeared that wasn't the case though. She would have enjoyed the valuables left behind though.

For a moment, he popped into the Ouroboros Pub and the Guru's Sanctuary, along with the Contraband Shanty. Did anyone provide any answers? Of course not. Romulus offered a disgruntled sigh. Furrowing his brown, he departed away from their contraband and laid back against a tree near the Leviathan's Trench, eyeing the water curiously. The lion was unsure whether or not anyone knew of the cave under the water, but he kept that to himself. She wouldn't be down there, would she? Not wanting to risk a wet pelt as he continued on, he left that adventure for last.

His head leaned back the tree, looking up at the sky. With a small shake of his head, Romulus looked back down at his satchel and used a paw to lightly open the latch. After blindly navigating the bag, the lion pulled out a book. Periwinkle eyes stared at the cover and a claw lightly flipped over to a random page, landing on a page about anthropology. A soft scoff left him. Development? Ironic. Aphra left the Coalition of the Condemned after promising them protection and consideration, just like she had always did with her children, and left them to deal with the issues on her own. As always, someone had to step up in her leave. It appeared she had never learned.

Was it even worth looking for that cowardly abuser? There was only one island left, but he also felt like it was a waste of his time. With a scowl, he rolled his eyes and slammed the book shut.

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS - 06-11-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ —  ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ | ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴄʀᴏᴡ ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀʙʏ | ᴄɪᴘʜᴇʀ-ᴠᴀɴᴛᴀꜱ | ʙɪᴏ

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ

Seeing him leave the direction of their territory she followed him, knowing something was up. She followed him everywhere, careful not to let him see her. At seeing him slam the book shut she tilted her head, stepped into the clearing and glanced at him through sombre optics. Not saying a word, no need to.

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ!

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - Romulus - 06-12-2021

The presence behind him was known for awhile. Every now and then, the crunch of grass would continue after he stopped or the breeze would be off. Romulus never bothered to inquire though. There was no need to. The lion had gotten accustomed to knowing the Coalition's scent and knowing that another was following him was almost comforting. Nevertheless, as he slammed his book, his gaze shifted. Ignorance could only bother him for so long. Curiousity picked at his brain and he had to see what followed him.

His mane draped over his face as he leaned forward. His head turned to look behind him, spotting a feline among the underbrush. Inferno. "You could have at least spoke up," came his sly remark. "Wandering alone in the forest for so long isn't exactly... entertaining." Especially when searching for such an ignorant hag. Inferno, though she might agree, did not need to know his opinion on Aphra though.

Romulus' brow furrowed. Guess they were too far along to whisk one another away. "Inferno, you may join me if you wish."

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS - 06-13-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ —  ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ | ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴄʀᴏᴡ ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀʙʏ | ᴄɪᴘʜᴇʀ-ᴠᴀɴᴛᴀꜱ | ʙɪᴏ

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ

Gaze darkened further as he offered for her to join him on the party. "Why are you doing this, Rom? Why bother looking for her?" Her voice turned sharp, almost critical. "It can't be because you actually respect her.."

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ!

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - Romulus - 06-14-2021

The lion turned back around and continued to rest his head on the bark behind him. His claws twiddled with the pages as he sat in thought, contemplating a response for Inferno. He knew anything that would leave his mouth probably wouldn't fill the hole that Inferno or the rest of her siblings had, but he still wanted to provide an answer. Deciding on a response, he slowly slid the book back into his satchel. Haunches pushed up from the floor. With his eyes on the horizon, he let out a sigh. Nothing was ever easy.

"Because if I were gone, I would want someone to do the same for me," he reminisced. There was only one Malus left active. Stryker, Ninazu, and Sojourn have all passed. The rest of his siblings wandered elsewhere, obviously not present. Needless to say, if he was the last to disappear, he would want to be found before things took a turn for the worst. He would never disappear without a reason, after all.

There was always more though. Periwinkle eyes turned back to look at Inferno. "Your mother's disappearance intrigues me," the lion continued on. "You would think for a disrespectful, showy tramp she would leave something to indicate her leave." He offered a tilt of his head as his brow furrowed, questioning whether she agreed or not. Wouldn't a mother's child know her best? Romulus was only hypothesizing based on their former Kingpin's actions, but Inferno had to know more, right? Nevertheless, he still thought the situation was strange. Looking would never hurt.

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS - 06-15-2021

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ

He rested his head on the bark and she watched him silently before he spoke up, saying he wished for somebody to look for him should he disappear. "I'll look for you, don't worry, even if I have to enter other territory." Came the promise from the female with a lash of her tail. He looked back at her. Her mother's disappearance was... intriguing? That was a first. Her head tilted. A purr of mirth left the female as he called his mother a disrespectful, showy tramp. "I think if she'd leave she wouldn't want to leave a trace. If she did I have no doubts that one of her children would go and look for her, and I can't let that happen."

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ!

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - Romulus - 06-16-2021

At least that was some reassurance. The lion offered a nod, signaling his simple thanks. Romulus did not plan on disappearing anytime soon, especially when the responsibilities of the Coalition of the Condemned were just placed upon him. His leave would be a sin. As always, he held his word and would lead his fellow wanderers to grace and pleasure as they desired, even if it sacrificed his own mentality at times.

Periwinkle hues watched as her tail lashed back in response. Intriguing. He would stick to that. Aphra Cipher's leave was a mystery to them all. Even their predictions were all shots into the dark abyss, awaiting the smallest hint of an answer. As Inferno made her own inquiry, similarly to her, his tail swept back in interest. He disagreed. She seemed like a sly showman (showwoman, to be exact). Nevertheless, her child probably knew her better and he let the female continue on. He listened with interest.

'I can't let that happen.' And yet, here they were. No trace and they were still looking. The Kingpin merely frowned, but wished to inquire more. Curiosity, as always, would kill the cat... or lion. "What's stopping you from not stopping me from looking you then?" Romulus mustered in response. His tone implied he was slightly challenging her intellectually, hoping she would have a proper answer.

Re: to thine own self - [search party for aphra] - INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS - 06-17-2021

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ

A nod of thanks she recieved, and as she made her own statement she watched closely as he matched her movements, his tail swishing to the side. He seemed slightly confused as she spoke about not letting Aphra's children go looking for her. As far as Inferno knew, she was the oldest of her mother's spawn, and she took it from some kind of responsibility to protect the others. Didn't mean she liked them, just felt some kind of sibling connection. Plus she didn't want to see them die. She especially felt sorry for Oleander and Bai Shi's dragonlets, them having lost their mother at a very young age.

He then questioned something her child brain couldn't handle, so she broke it down to understand it better. 'Not stopping me from looking' meant she wasn't telling him to not look. Then 'What's stopping you" meaning what's preventing her to do something, in this case stopping him. She shuffled her paws in thought, letting the Kingpin wait. It wasn't a hard question but it was tricky to understand.

Maw parting to answer, his tone she didn't like. It sounded challenging, almost as if he was insulting her. Anger bubbled deep down within her but she pushed it down. He wanted a reaction, she wasn't going to give it to him. Lashing out against the Kingpin wouldn't have a good ending for both her and him. Instead, a shriek of laughter suddenly exploded from the female before she covered her mouth with a paw. "Sorry! Anyways, I suppose I'm not stopping you because you're the Kingpin and I have no authority over you so what's the point of running my mouth trying to tell you what to do. Plus I'm also curious as to if you find her or not." Her chin lifted, almost in a defiant manner, her tail lashing angrily as if daring him to respond with an insult.

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ!

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"