Beasts of Beyond
NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY (/showthread.php?tid=14947)

NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - arrow - 06-04-2021

IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE RIVER.
It had been a long time coming. And it wasn’t that Arrow hated her new body, she appreciated the gift. But with her recent developments, and the return of her feral swamp-dwelling ways, something wasn’t quite right. She missed jumping around in the trees, being a little shit and vanishing into the night or the shade of the twisted trees within the swamp grounds. Missed what made her known, what people recognized before they were all dead. What she believed her namesake was derived from. Arrow missed her old body. She was born into it, died in it, haunted in it. Sort of. At the very least, if she would bother the swamp until her second and final death, she would look the part. Keep the other body safe.

And with one power came a new one, one that was certainly easier to use than normal when you spent way too much time thinking about what you wanted. And it didn’t take long, spots fading into solid color and mane melting away into rather large and pointed ears, the ability to shift form given to her fucking finally. And Arrow was back. Well, original Arrow was back in her entirety. Big fucking ears and all.

And should anyone be out, they’d find an oriental shorthair outside her home, a cross dangling from her neck, pulling gauze bandages taught around her forelegs to prevent any future stupid injuries, twisted scar down her lean muscled thigh. Blast to the fuckin’ past.

Re: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - LUCINDER XIU - 06-05-2021

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

no matter what form she took he'd always know who she was. she was his mother, after all. so it was with this that he padded out of their house, silently watching the oriental with a small frown. the scent matched his but the looks were so unfamiliar... was he going to change too? glancing down, then back up at her he tilted his head. "mother? is that you?"

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH

Re: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 06-05-2021

[glow=white,1,400]EVERY FEELING IN MY BONES IS TELLING ME TO LASH OUT -。+゚.[/glow]
Having multiple bodies to possess was something Vigenere was familiar with, and there was also the fact that Arrow had previously been a ghost in the first place. He had gotten used to the Luminary's cheetah form though, but he definitely wasn't disappointed to see the old Arrow that he once knew. "There's the old gremlin I remember." Vigenere mused as he came up to the leader and her son, an amused look on his face.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - arrow - 06-05-2021

IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE RIVER.
"Indeed it is, little rascal. I knew you were gonna be taller than me, guess it's sooner than later, eh?" Arrow said with a lopsided grin, lining her front paw up with her forehead to make her point. Maybe she could use her kid as a step stool, or was that bad parenting? "Mama used to look like this back in the day, before she met your mother. Long story, maybe for another day." She would have rather liked to not bring up her death to her son. And that was good parenting.

As Vigenere approached, Arrow leaned back, almost falling over, doing a mock salute in his direction. Someone who remembered, that fact brought her joy where she thought there was none. And a bit of bitter nostalgia, granted, but that was to be expected. She lived in it at this point. "In the flesh! How could ya forget these big ass fuckin' ears, I could fly with these if I learned how to flap 'em." Arrow pulled on her own ears, nearly flattening them against her face. Had they always been this big, though? Something to think about. At least she'd be able to hear anyone sneaking up on them from miles away...supposedly.

Re: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - Atticus Roux - 06-05-2021

Mother. Now that was ironic. At Lucinder's words, his pointed ears and smaller stature turned to see the commotion. What graced his golden gaze caused his brow to furrow and blink in disbelief. His head craned. That was... odd. The wolf slowly inched forward. He came to a halt at Lucinder's side and remained silent as he traced Arrow's new (... or old?) form in skepticism. The pretty much powerless Roux was always amazed by what powers did, but he had never expected to see Arrow he knew standing before him in a physical form. How strange.

His pointed features turned back up to the feline's face. As always, he noticed was the shorter of the bunch when it came to his feline form, but he kept that to himself. She looked joyous. No need to ruin it with self pity. "Looking fly, Arrow," came his light-hearted joke.

Re: NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER ➵ OPEN; POWER DISCOVERY - LUCINDER XIU - 06-06-2021

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

more curses from his mother. oh well, guess she couldn't help it. he lifted a shoulder and let a small smile grace his maw as she mentioned height. "mother, i'm only six months old! i'll be much taller when i grow up. i can even hide you under my belly!" true, he would grow massively once coming of age but for now he was still a small boi.

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH