Beasts of Beyond
keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance (/showthread.php?tid=14945)

keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - Atticus Roux - 06-04-2021

//after the meeting

The jungle canopy's shade kept the fire inside dull, but the sun hidden by it represented Atticus' internal struggle as he rushed through The Pitt's territory. Paws scraped aimlessly past various poisoning plants, only to skid to a halt moments later at his final destination. Mud splashed upwards onto his white chest. Panicked and out of breath, the wolf's wide gaze looked out to the horizon where a jungle home laid. Home. A place they deemed theirs. The only place left to check.

Without another thought, his paws rammed into the door's wooden front. The acacia door slammed against the walls, causing the birds nearby to screech in dismay. Stunned, a croaking call came from the canine. "Sweeney?" His deep, concerning voice rang out. No answer. Not even a sentimental purr to greet him. Just... nothing.

Ragged breaths echoed in the hallow house. Golden eyes scanned the area as Atticus trailed forward into the house. What he laid out in the morning was untouched, bedding unmade, and the food was beginning to rot in the hot summer sun. A bright-colored feather from her pelt laid on the floor, but no scratches or signs of struggle to accompany it. Narrowed hues continued to stare. Picking up the feather in his claws, he gulped. Worry began to tug at his brain.

Gone.

The thought crossed his mind. He chose to deny it at first, but as he continued to call her name and plead for their leave, the male's heart began to sink. Tears started to accumulate in his eyes. They stung at his eyeline, but never rolled down his cheek. Maybe she was out. They were inseparable, weren't they? Sweeney would never leave him without a word, would she? Swallowing his negative thoughts, he continued his search. Atticus paced their home with claws dragging on their wooden floor. One. Two. Three. Four. Five... He walked around the house endlessly as time passed, awaiting for her arrival.

Nothing came though.

She was... gone.

Atticus lowered his head to his chest. Eyes pressed closed and a lowly growl exited him, almost shifting into a sob. Claws dug into their sheets and he leaned down, pressing his nose into their blanket. Her scent began to fill his senses. With one deep inhale, he pulled away. If she ever returned, he would know. A final hope. A wavering exhale left the wolf, letting go of her sickly sweet aroma. 

'And I never even got to say 'I love you.''

He couldn't wait any longer. Tanglewood had to hear of Dante's proclamation and prepare. His gazed returned to the world, opening to see what remained. A shaky stature reached forward for a journal and ink on the shelf above. One paw held onto the leather backing as the other carefully peeled the lined page from the book's inside. When finished, a claw dipped into the dark ink. Ink oozed across the page and finalized a short letter to Sweeney if she had ever returned home. Simply, he wrote 'TW - A.R.' Afterwards, he proceeded to tuck the page back into their journal with the corner folded inwards.

Sliding the leather-bound book and ink caddy into place, the wolf wearily rose to his paws. With a satchel slung over his side and possessions within it, he soon turned to look back on their home for one final time. A sigh exited Atticus. No other thoughts occurred as he turned out towards the underbrush with his back turned to The Pitt. Moments later, dirtied paws walked away. Atticus Roux had left.

Re: keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 06-04-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I'M LOSING MY MIND TODAY !。+゚.[/glow]
Atticus's presence at the meeting wasn't ignored, truth be told Dante was curious how the wolf was going to act. He expected an outburst, some sort of smartass comment, but all Atticus gave had been a look of disapproval before walking off. Of course that had Dante interested in what the fucker was planning. Unfortunately for the hybrid though, he hadn't gotten away from the meeting in time to actually follow Atticus, but it didn't take a genius to assume here the coward ran off to.

Dante's tail flicked as he reached the home where Atticus and Sweeney stayed, hoping to catch a glimpse of either one, but finding neither; Sweeney was long gone it seemed, but Atticus had just clearly left. On one hand, there was pride and satisfaction going through the Ardent as he realized that Atticus was gone, but on the other, it meant the coward was going to Tanglewood. So much for Pitt loyalty. Dante mused to himself, a chuckle leaving him before he turned back towards the direction of camp.

"If anyone sees Atticus Roux on our lands again -" Dante declared in a loud voice, anger lacing his words. "I want him dead."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 06-05-2021

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

A small frown touched the male's face as he approached Dante. Coward. Another one gone. Dante was running the Pitt to the ground. First Gael, then Aine, Sweeney, now Atticus... Four members lost and he hadn't even noticed Sweeney leave. After announcing he was to be killed on sight the panther sat down with a sigh. "How many more people are we going to lose, Dante? What is happening to us?"

Re: keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 06-05-2021

[glow=white,1,400]DIPPED UP IN THAT MOSH PIT, ELBOWS UP -。+゚.[/glow]
The fact that Jormungand was seeming to imply that he was at fault for everyone leaving was rather insulting, to say the least. "Hell if I fuckin' know." Dante responded to the panther with a snort. "Those that have left are cowards, but Atticus is a traitor. I thought you knew this." Atticus had a dual alliance between Tanglewood and Pitt at one point and the fact that Dante hated that wasn't hard to notice. Hell, the hybrid wasn't surprised that Atticus fled after the announcement either, but he had been hoping the younger male had more guts than that.

Apparently not.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: keep myself at bay every day }} looking + dual disappearance - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 06-05-2021

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

Dante's snapped response took the panther by slight surprise. His ears flattened and he tilted his head. "Dante, I'm not accusing you for them leaving. Who knows what influenced their cowardly minds to go? I'm simply saying that something needs to change. Maybe a test to see who's still loyal. To prove they're brave enough, bloodthirsty enough to be allowed to stay in the Pitt. Otherwise who knows who else is going to turn tail and run?" He hadn't known that Atticus had a dual alliance but that was the same with what's her face. He hated that. Nose wrinkled in disgust. If you're loyal you should be loyal to one group, not multiple. There can only be place for one leader in your heart.