Beasts of Beyond
who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish (/showthread.php?tid=14917)

Pages: 1 2

who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - XANTI - 05-27-2021

[align=center]
// gore warning

In the shade of the town’s mossy square, Ximen lounged to rest his body after a grueling hunt in the small hours of the morning. But there was too much commotion to sleep, even back in his home, once everyone woke up. So he occupied himself with a fun sort of “training exercise” using black paint.

He held out one paw at a time as he telekinetically colored his nails. Unlike other felines, cheetahs couldn’t retract their claws; Ximen, regardless of his other mutations, was no exception to this rule. Everyone would see his nails, anyway, so might as well make them worth looking at. Who said masculine men couldn’t be pretty?

He licked his teeth. Almost done, on the last paw. Then he could eat while the paint dried.

He feasted from a plate of gore. Organs plucked from a multitude of carcasses formed a tower of bleeding meat atop the gleaming steel. Two livers, a heart, and three kidneys of various sizes. All salted. No other preparation; the work of harvesting them all—breaking open chest cavities, ripping out the bland lungs, surgically cutting them out from the rest of the meat—from the fresh-kill pile counted as cooking.

Counted to him, anyway. He waved his right paw, squinting over the drying paint, and telekinetically summoned a kidney. Must’ve been from a rabbit, because he ate it in one gulp.

Ximen held his paw closer to his face. His nails felt heavier, though he couldn’t say whether this observation was true or simply psychosomatic. “Hm, looks finished,” he mumbled to himself. And then chomped on the heart, taking a bite out like it was an apple.

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - Ares - 05-27-2021

"You plan on sharing or am I just going to have to get my own?" Ares chuckled dryly. To be fair, what her uncle had as a meal wasn't her business, but you can't be too late to try new things. So she sat some distance from Ximen, wings tucked into her sides. The lioness stifled a yawn.

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - LUCINDER XIU - 05-27-2021

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

following ares to the source of a smell he wrinkled his nose upon seeing what ximen had created. "uh... ximen? whatcha uh, doing?"

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - XANTI - 05-27-2021

[align=center]
Ximen’s attention flicked to his niblings as they approached. He would’ve thought the smell of blood and paint mixed together would put off most people, but he wasn’t complaining. Least he could say his sister’s kids liked him.

“Depends on whether Ares wants to use the paint or eat the food.” He quirked up a brow. “Cutting out organs, especially a heart, is hard work.”

He stifled a yawn—not very successfully.

“He eats his lunch while the paint dries,” he said, looking at Lucinder. He nodded his head to a stack of bandanas and chains. “Then accessorizing. Punk shit matches the bone knives the best.”

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - LUCINDER XIU - 05-27-2021

eurgh.  he shivered as ximen yawned, exposing bloodied teeth, then brightened up as he nodded towards the bandanna. lucinder skipped over and picked up a yellow one and wrapped it around his head like a turban. it being loose due to him having no natural ability to stand on his hind legs and tie it properly it slipped and dragged over his eye. "argh." he said. "i'm a pirate."

"SPEECH"

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - XANTI - 05-27-2021

[align=center]
Ximen glanced over and chuckled as Lucinder amused himself with the bandana pile. One wave of his paw later, the bandana tied itself into a knot. Telekinesis was so convenient; he abused it whenever a quick walk over would’ve sufficed.

“Yellow? Nice pick.”  He tapped one claw with a pawpad, and grinned when he saw the paint hadn’t smudged in the slightest. “Does Lucinder want to paint his claws? Eh, actually, his are retractable. Not really needed…? Unless he wants his fur painted, instead.”

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - LUCINDER XIU - 05-28-2021

magically the knot tightened and he really was a pirate. "huh, thanks, xi. how did you do that?" his uncle mentioned painting his claws and that made a frown settle on his face. "don't paint my claws. but my fur..." he looked down, turning his head to look at the fur. "you could paint my fur?"

"SPEECH"

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 05-28-2021

[glow=white,1,400]DO WE SENSOR OR DO WE FLOW ?。+゚.[/glow]
"Well, that's certainly one way of accessorizing yourself." Vigenere mused as he approached the small group surrounding Ximen. Vigenere had seen the guy around camp here-and-there, mostly seemed to be a lazy sort, heavily contrasting against Vigenere's own hard-working, busy-body self. He couldn't sit around in camp and do nothing - and fortunately, talking with clanmates wasn't considered 'nothing'. "Ain't heard of anyone using blood as paint, that's super cool. Unique, for sure." The savannah sat down, wrapping his tail around his paws. "I've seen you around before, but I don't think we've ever properly met. Name's Vigenere Cipher."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - arrow - 05-30-2021

IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE RIVER.
”Spicy.” Arrow mused, stretching with a loud yawn before settling her skinny ass down nearby. Busy, busy, busy, hadn’t had much time to rest lately. Not that she would complain, she never complained when it mattered. The scent of organs and salt together made her eyes almost start to water, if only because the two combined was both knew and strong. Was it bad? Not particularly. Not any worse than paint, anyway. As far as accessorizing went, Arrow wasn’t one for the task, too many of her hobbies fucked with any potential attempts to look cleaned up. Unless it was something she could take off, that was. And unlike her dashing young son, she was not a rapscallion pirate of the seven seas. ”I like the black.”

Re: who are you really? // lunch and nail polish - LUCINDER XIU - 06-01-2021

"hey ma." he lifted a shoulder in a greeting as one of his mothers showed up, a small smile on his face. he pushed the bandanna up slightly. "i've decided i'm going to become a pirate." he shook his fur and trotted over to her, plopped his butt in front of her. "wanna paint patterns on my fur?"

"SPEECH"