Beasts of Beyond
TRUE COLORS ☆ ambrose missing - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: TRUE COLORS ☆ ambrose missing (/showthread.php?tid=14733)

TRUE COLORS ☆ ambrose missing - ARVID R. - 05-05-2021

The Palm Glades. The third and most likely last – at least for now – of his targeted groups for experimentation. And hopefully, capture. The Glades was a group he didn't know a lot about, but at least he knew more about it than the tribe. One thing he did know was that they lived in a pretty tropical climate, which did make him wonder – did Sojourn despise The Typhoon and Palm Glades so much because of their warmth? It certainly was a sharp contrast to the cold, unfeeling mountains that the Coalition occupied, even if such a suggestion sounded pretty absurd to him. Obviously there were bigger reasons at play for why The Typhoon and Palm Glades were their main enemies, but it was pretty funny to see the similarities between the two groups – and differences. Either way, both of them would be losing a member – at least temporarily – due to Arvid's scheming nature. Once more he had donned his baker merchant persona, scrubbing the scent of the Coalition from himself as he headed off in the direction of the Glades' territory.

Honestly, if the dire wolf hadn't known better about the poison that currently lingered within the basket of baked goods he carried, he probably would've been just as tempted by them. He hadn't baked them himself, getting one of the NPCs within the Coalition to help him out while he merely did the work of making sure the poison in them was stable, and enough to have some effect. Frankly, that was probably why they had turned out so good, and managed to lure people into his trap so effectively. Either way, Arvid held his usual calm and thoughtful smile as he walked through the forest that bordered the Glades' territory, the pup blending in rather easily with the shadows. When he heard rustling from the leaves nearby, he paused before placing his basket down, tone calm and jovial as he greeted, "Hello? Is someone there? I really hope that I'm in the right place..." He couldn't wait to get home after this, and finally be able to retire this naive and friendly persona for a while.
i wanna be the sand inside that hourglass

Re: TRUE COLORS ☆ temp private - Casphian - 05-05-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ My name means healing but I only bring death — The kitsune hadn’t been apart of the Palm Glades for long but she was slowly beginning to warm up to the group. Ambrose was finally deciding to go out and explore the territory and get used to everything around her. She stepped through a bush, heading shifting side to side before startling at the sound of a voice speaking up beside her. Ambrose glanced towards Arvid, almost missing him from where he blended in with the shadows. “Oh, hello there,” she greeted. She padded closer to him, lowering her head slightly. “You’re in the territory of the Palm Glades.”

Re: TRUE COLORS ☆ temp private - ARVID R. - 05-09-2021

Ambrose was... well, she was a surprise. Frankly, Arvid had been expecting someone a bit older to respond to his words, but this was fine. After all, he could use a wide range of test subjects, and the young kitsune would make a good comparison against Vayne and Kainan. Plus, her still being a child likely meant that it would be easier to fool her. So, the dire wolf offered her a kindly smile, muttering, "The Palm Glades? Oh, good, that's exactly the group I was looking for. You folk were the next on my list of groups to sell my baked goods to. My name's Jackson – a traveling merchant." He lifted up his basket a bit, making sure that the delightful scent of the muffins inside drifted out.

He then reached inside the basket, taking out one of the muffins and placing it in front of Ambrose. As he did so, he questioned her casually, "Would you like to try a free sample? I try to offer at least one to someone from each group I go to, so that they can recommend me to their friends." Of course, the muffin wasn't as innocent as it seemed. While Arvid had made sure the concentration of poison wasn't enough to kill, it would be enough to take the air from Ambrose's lungs for a bit, and leave her weak.

Re: TRUE COLORS ☆ temp private - Casphian - 05-11-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ My name means healing but I only bring death — The kitsune cautiously stepped closer to the traveler, head reaching out to sniff at the air and drawing in the delicious scent of the muffins. “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to try one,” she mused. The female drew closer to the merchant, taking one of the muffins and scurrying back away from him. She eyed Jackson cautiously before taking a bite from the food before her, mouth watering as soon as the food hit her tongue. She ended up devouring the muffin, her tongue sweeping across her muzzle. It didn’t seem to take long for the poison to course through her smaller body,  drawing the air from her body and sending shivers down her spine. Her legs buckled under her, dropping her body to the ground with a soft thud. “W-What did you do to me,” she stuttered out with a whimper.

Re: TRUE COLORS ☆ temp private - ARVID R. - 05-12-2021

A soft chuckle left Arvid as Ambrose bit into the muffin, although that wasn't entirely unusual. Rather than sounding as if something sinister was going on, the canine merely sounded like he was amused by Ambrose's darting back. And in a way, he was amused. Amused by the fact that Ambrose was being so cautious, and yet she would still be falling due to her poor decision to eat the muffin. With his tail twitching behind him, the thane merely sighed as the young kitsune whimpered, responding promptly, "Don't worry, the poison you just ingested isn't fatal. It will merely leave you breathless and weak for a while... just long enough for me to get you home." Where was home? Well, for now, he wasn't about to say.

Instead of saying anything else, Arvid merely moved forward and gripped Ambrose by the scruff of her neck, dragging her a little before he lifted her up into his jaws. His strides were long and steady as he headed off in the direction of the Coalition, knowing that his third capture would be appreciated. Much like with Vayne in The Typhoon, there was no scent of the Coalition left behind. However, there were several pieces of evidence noting Ambrose's disappearance – her fading scent on the air, the drag marks on the ground, and  the crumbs of the poisoned muffin scattered across the earth.

( now open to replies!! + permission given by finnick to powerplay )

Re: TRUE COLORS ☆ ambrose missing - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 05-14-2021

[glow=white,1,400]CLINGIN' TO INSANITY !。+゚.[/glow]
Ambrose had been a weak, terrified little thing when he and Sunsetpaw found her hiding under a bush, and Drayden was quite worried about her. She seemed so frail and looked as if the wind could startle her at any moment's notice, and now that he had some free time, he planned on trying to find her and talk to her. After searching and asking around, Drayden headed towards where Ambrose was last seen heading herself, only to find Ambrose's scent fading away from the territory. Drag marks on the ground, and the muffin that laid nearby. Curious, Drayden went to inspect the muffin, sniffing it but recoiling as a sharp, bitter scent reached his nose. He pulled back from it, nose wrinkling. Something was in that. Shit. There was no one around at the moment for him to say something, so the hybrid started to limp back towards camp as quickly as he could.

"Ambrose has been taken!" Drayden called out for anyone that was nearby, trying to hold back gritting his teeth from the ache he felt in his twisted paw. Well, that's what he got for trying to run on it.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]