Beasts of Beyond
RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power (/showthread.php?tid=14683)

Pages: 1 2

RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-28-2021

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

Ever since returning from Tanglewood Jormungand had stayed silent, often was found deep in thought or pacing by the river. He felt something different, something happen in him when Elsweyr sunk her claws into his chest. Thinking about it the wound ached, still fresh skin jarred and smoking. He reached up a claw to gently pat at  the marking, the crocodile with a sinister grin that matched his own current one directed through the darkness in the clearing he was in. A frown, shaking of head and the male stood up. His mind was in conflict, the uncertainty clouding his gaze.
A brush of wind fluttered around him, he swatted at it. He was in no mood to play around with the weather, his thoughts grew jagged. He watched a cloud form next to him, a very small and faint one, turn deadly iced down to a point. Huh, nice. He turned his head, threw his thoughts towards a tree. The air exploded against it, the leaves flapped, his smile curved sharp. Beautiful. So he could play with air now could he? He huffed, optics shut, concentrated. Muscles bunched, mist drew from the sweat on his body and dissolved into the sand to rise up again and quickly encase him in a bodysuit-ish thing. The air tickled his nose briefly, but only for a moment.
Mist turned dark, dancing around his body, and he let it flicker, staring into the river. "What has happened?"

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 04-28-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I NEED A SHOT AGAIN, THAT SWEET ADRENALINE !。+゚.[/glow]
It wasn't hard to notice how Jormungand's demeanor had changed. Or at least, not to Dante. The hybrid noticed how uptight the black panther seemed to be lately, though he didn't want to bother the guy too much. After all, he knew what it was like getting tortured and beaten up; Jormungand likely didn't want to talk about what happened in Tanglewood, and Dante couldn't blame him.

But that didn't mean the drug addict wasn't concerned about his friend. Dante followed Jor's scent trail to the river, watching as the guy seemed to manipulate the air around him. "Oh hella, that's dope." The hybrid rumbled as he approached Jormungand, a friendly smile on his face. "Looks like you've unlocked the ability to manipulate air." Like Gael. Ugh.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-28-2021

JORMUNGAND
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

A familiar voice reached his ears. His friend. Dante- Dante was his friend, right? He didn't seem to notice, gaze fixated into the red waters of their Nile, a curious tilt to his head. Didn't respond for a moment, then began. "I do suppose that is... dope." Spun to face his friend, responding to the smile with a small, cautious one of his own. "And it does seem like I have. Now the question is, what do I do with it?" Confused turned his grin back at his friend, brows furrowing in thought. He didn't want his children to see him like this. But he wanted his father to. As if hearing his thoughts the smoke moved wildly, lashing about and snapping at anything and everything.
He called it back, they stayed and lingered around his paws, defining his muscles, highlighting the length of his tail. Optics flashed red as they returned the stare into the river.

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 04-29-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I NEED A SHOT AGAIN, THAT SWEET ADRENALINE !。+゚.[/glow]
A response that was monotonous, seemingly devoid of emotion. That was rather concerning, but Dante didn't want to press matters. He could get like that too under the influence of some drugs, whether it was intentional or not. Not that the hybrid thought Jormungand was drugged up, of course; the panther made it clear that he wasn't much into the drug scene. Which was understandable.

"Whatever you want to, I suppose." Dante suggested with a shrug, eyes narrowing for a moment as the air around Jormungand appeared to take shape and seemingly snap around him. Interesting, that would be useful for defense. But not something Dante could manage. Hell, he wasn't even sure if he could control any of the elements (though it would be cool, that's for sure).[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-29-2021

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

His friend didn't respond for a moment, a tinge of almost worry hanging in the air. Jormungand didn't bother to do anything to break it, there was no need to since he felt content with Dante around. The other said that he could do whatever he wanted, and that piqued the panther's interest. "Whatever I want to? Dante, I am sorry but that is a stupid thing to say." For the first time since he left, well, since he attacked Merlin for that matter, he chuckled. A deep, hearty chuckle. "I would if I could, you know, do things like robbing a bank, destroying stuff, but I do not want to be branded again." His chin pointed at the singed fur on his chest. A small breeze flattened it against the skin and fluttered over to Dante, played with a feather. THe panther's gaze followed it.

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - trojan g. - 04-29-2021

[align=center][div style="width: 60%;text-align: justify;font-size: 10pt;"]It was obvious to those that had been around Sweeney long enough in the Pitt that she had her favorites in the group and her least favorites. The kitsune didn't care much for trying to spare the feelings of those she didn't like, so she didn't try and hide it. It was a waste of energy to try and pretend to like someone she didn't when it didn't benefit her, so when she had happened to pad by the river and saw Dante and Jormungand talking by it, she didn't even try to hide the look of disappointment that settled on her face. Maybe in a different lifetime she would have liked the two, but she doubted that she would ever even remotely begin to like them now considering the things that they had done since they had been in the Pitt. She didn't care though and she was sure that the two of them didn't really either, so there was no loss on either end.

When she had first seen the two talking she had been tempted to just leave, wanting to ignore them for the rest of her life or theirs - whichever ended first - but she chose to stay instead, stopping to sit and look towards the two older males before her, a snort leaving her maw as she heard the words they were speaking. "Oh please," She would begin, eyes rolling, "Branding is the least of your worries." Despite his age, he was a prisoner in the Pitt now, he wasn't even a full fledged member, he was less than her and she'd make damn sure she treated him as such.

//rushed

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-30-2021

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

Sweeny showed up, scoffing and mocking him that branding wasn't the thing he should worry about. She was one of the traitors, if he remembered correctly, shooting a confirming glance towards Dante before returning  his bloodred gaze to the kitsune. He knew she had disliked him from the beginning and had no doubt she'd have killed him  but he was well in his prime and he wasn't going to let some young fuck trample all over him. Fuck Gael and his punishment, he didn't care. He'd be living his life as normal. Not like he couldn't hunt.
The smoke tapped against his shoulder, spiking in Sweeny's direction, but he waved them off. "Sweeny, I have a genuine question. How is it like, not being able to choose where your loyalty lies and wandering around between two groups?"

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - aine. - 04-30-2021

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px"]HOW DO YOU RUN FROM Y[color=#5d8e93]OUR OWN MIND?
Sometimes, the petite deer-fox didn't mind Dante.  She'd never admit to it of course.  But she'd seen him act in kindness to his clanmates.  Show some loyalty.  Jormungand?  She had no tolerance for.  Not at all.  Hazel hues cold on the jaguar as she approached, ears perked.

Air.  Great.  Well.  Her father was better than him.  Better with the power.  Better with forethought.  Just better.  Everyone was better than him.  Her head tilted.  Snort leaving her.  Unimpressed.  "Perhaps you should get your own loyalties in order before- before questioning someone else's."

It was pathetic. "You risk- you risk everyone's safety- your own children's safety by starting shit.  Get- get some fucking priorities.  Sweeny's a real Pittian.Born and raised in fact.  "She understands what that means." Protecting each other.  Not throwing everything they worked for on the line.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 04-30-2021

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

Aine the medic approached, and Jormungand stifled a groan. Great. He didn't want to piss her off even more but that didn't matter. He didn't care. She was forced to treat his wounds and he'd just copy off of whatever plants she was using. He learned quick. He looked at her with an amused smile on his maw. "Well then tell me, Aine, if Sweeny is a real Pittian, why isn't she even here half the time? Why did I spot her back in Tanglewood? If your loyalties lie to one group you shouldn't be comfortable staying in another group." He lifted a brow. Should she bring up him going to the Coalition he'd simply respond because for his children.

Re: RISING FROM THE ASHES // o, discovering power - westley h. - 04-30-2021

[align=center]
Ah, the traitor.  New as the clouded leopard happened to be, he did do his research.  He knew the Pitt's current objectives were more focused on trade and neutrality -- Jormungand had threatened those ends and seemed to care little about his transgression.  While he had room to improve, Westley's starting opinion was low.  When one moved around a great deal, loyalty, even when one was far away, was important.

He sighs quietly as he approaches, coming to stand besides Aine, nodding slowly.  She had a point.  One he didn't see Jormungand arguing against.  Trying to deflect and focus on Sweeny, whom the leopard suspects had a good reason to be among Tanglewood.  It won't work -- I certainly won't let it.

"I may be rather new, but I would not say you're in the best position to be questioning anyone's loyalties.  After all, Aine's right -- you're a father, aren't you?  Shouldn't your actions reflect consideration for your children?"

"Given the Pitt's history, I imagine Sweeny has a valid reason for staying among a group once considered enemies.  Without, it would seem, causing trouble; otherwise, I doubt they'd tolerate her presence." Context was everything and the paleblood would look for the logic before needless accusation.
**brontide (n.) —-- westley hawkins / paleblood / penned by petrichor