Beasts of Beyond
HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro (/showthread.php?tid=14612)

HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - MORAG TONG. - 04-21-2021

Summer. It was approaching fast, and Morag Tong was acutely aware of that fact. Although it would still be a couple of months until the "official" beginning of summer, one couldn't deny the way that the air had been shifting lately. The sun had been out more often, and the general territory was far warmer, occasionally nearly bordering on humid. There were still temperature fluctuations, of course, but it truly felt as though Harpous had arrived once more, and was around to stay for a while. Morag knew that he could never be as devout as some that lived within the tribe – there was a certain connection that came from being raised learning about Harpous, he found – but he still respected their religion nonetheless. And so, with this in mind, it felt appropriate for him to start a bit of a tradition. With the coming shifting of the seasons, and the warm and welcome embrace of Harpous... he wanted to create. Incidentally, there just happened to be a massive wall around the tribe's camp, perfect for what he had in mind.

He had first headed out in the rather early hours of the morning, figuring it was best to get a head start on things before the sun was shining down upon them. One of the several supplies commonly found in the small alcoves of the Painted Wall was various small paintbrushes, perfect for conceiving a very specific image. However, Morag Tong much preferred using his paws, finding that doing so made his work feel more... personal. As the sun finally began to rise on the horizon, the tiger got to work, dipping his paws in various bright shades of orange, yellow, and red. His mixing of them was slow and deliberate, but his actual painting was much more free-form, fur pressing against stone as he worked in solitude. The spiritualist had a relaxed smile on his face, his shoulders seeming to lack their usual tense quality that seemed to follow him around like a shadow. He found that painting just... gave him a chance to escape from all his worries.

By the time the male was done, the sun was halfway through the sky, signaling to him that it was around noon. Hopefully that would help in having his creation dry anytime soon. Taking a step back, he inspected his handiwork, a satisfied little smile curled on his muzzle. What he had painted was rather simple, although pleasant to look at – a stylized sun, with curved rays that seemed to radiate heat and light outward from it and curl around it like a safe cocoon. He muttered softly as he looked up at it, a little chuckle leaving him, "I hope that it captures your image well, Harpous." The male didn't truly think he could ever paint something that really embodied the god fully, but... he tried.

Re: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - Casphian - 04-21-2021

Kainan had been out and about crossing through the camp when his gaze settled on Morag Tong, the other painting on the Painted Wall. It was nice to see the other adding another lovely painting to the wall, and one that seemed to be dedicated to Harpous. The hybrid drew closer to the Spiritualist, standing behind the tiger as he admired the other's handy work. "I'm sure Harpous would love it, it captures him perfectly," he hummed to the other, head tilting to the side so he could continue to admire it.

"It's always nice to see another painting added to the wall, I must admit I haven't added anything recently so maybe I should get something painted soon," Kainan mused. It wasn't often that the Spirit Watcher took the time to paint anything anymore, he was honestly always doing something for the Tribe. It was never ending work for the dire wolf, dragon hybrid but honestly that wasn't something that he minded all too much. The Tribe needed him to do stuff and so he would do it even if it meant little time to enjoy things like this.

Re: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - MORAG TONG. - 04-21-2021

Kainan's approach caused Morag Tong to smile, his tail twitching behind him as he looked over at the other. He always appreciated the spirit watcher's company, but that was to be expected. They wouldn't work together as the leader and second-in-command so well if they didn't get along. Not only that, but Morag deeply admired the other's dedication to the group, and to their beliefs. It was because of this that his words came out in a warm rumble, "Ah... thank you, Kainan. Of course, I don't think I could ever capture his entire image. There's a reason why the sun has such blinding beauty. He gestured one paw up towards the sun gleaming in the sky, although he made sure not to look directly at it. Even if he did truly respect Harpous and his beauty, Morag Tong wasn't willing to risk blindness just to admire him.

At the mention of the other doing a new painting on the wall, Morag's gaze seemed to gleam with excitement. He spoke cheerfully, nodding, "That's a good idea. I have always liked your works, no matter how rare they are – you deserve the break that comes with painting something, too. It's incredibly relaxing, although I'm fairly sure you already know that." He then said, his tone gaining a slightly mischievous edge, "It would be nice for you to teach me a few things, also." Anything that took up more of the other's time, honestly. As much as Morag Tong respected the other's dedication to his work, he also wanted Kainan to take a bit more time for himself, as well. The assassin knew all too well the havoc that overworking could wreak on one's mental health.

Re: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - Casphian - 04-21-2021

Kainan shook his head slightly before moving over to get a few of his own supplies out from one of the many cubby holes. “Well might as well show you a few things while I’m here,” he hummed. The hybrid stepped back from the wall, admiring Morag Tong’s handy work before shifting his gaze towards the empty spot next to it. “Do you know of Vistarious dear Morag?” The spirit watcher asked, glancing over at the tiger briefly.

He stepped towards the wall, dipping a paw into one of the many paints he had gathered before starting on his work. He had always preferred using his own paws to using brushes, just finding it more relaxing that way but he was never against brushes and would use them from time to time.

Re: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - MORAG TONG. - 04-24-2021

Vistarious. The name was familiar, with Morag Tong recalling hearing a bit about her back when he had first joined. When explanations about the tribe's religion and culture had been thrown at him left and right. Some of it had been lost in the shuffle, although he hadn't forgotten her shared significance with Harpous. With this in mind, the tiger watched Kainan begin to work in momentary silence, his red gaze narrowing before he spoke, "She's the goddess of the moon and the stars, correct?" He glanced to the side briefly, a bit of embarrassment slipping into his voice as he continued, "I must admit... most of the details regarding her have slipped my mind, at this point." He hardly seemed to be the only one, however. He found that Harpous was brought up far more often around the tribe than Vistarious was.

Re: HOW MUCH THEY REALLY MEAN ☆ o, intro - Casphian - 04-24-2021

Grey paint coated paws continued to race across the wall as the hybrid made progress in his work. “Yes she is the goddess of the moon and the stars,” he mused, a soft smile dancing upon his features. “Not many remember Vistarious anymore, her history long forgotten much like the Tribe’s,” he started off. He would step back to admire his progress so far before dipping his paw into a lighter grey and setting back to work again, all while debating on what to say. “She’s always been in the shadow of Harpous, many not usually being awake when her realm makes its appearance. She was created not long after Harpous was made, which Harpous always teased her about. Vistarious was always the calmer of the two siblings, always okay with sitting back and letting her brother take the reins and get all the glory of creating the creatures around us. As years went by his shadow only seemed to grow until it finally engulfed Vistarious, casting her to the night and quieting her songs she would sing to her followers until one by one her devoted children faded. Many years passed and she continued to softly weep her songs during the night until someone had heard them and sought to bring her songs back into the light,” Kainan stepped away from the wall one last time, glancing up at the moon and stars he had painted, the moon being nestled in a pair of claws paws.