Beasts of Beyond
Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid (/showthread.php?tid=14556)

Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - Casphian - 04-14-2021

A soft and simple tune slipped sounded from Saturn as the snow leopard padded along through the camp’s territory. There wasn’t much for them to do at this time but they figured they should probably check the layout of the territory. Despite things still being recked from the mudslide that is. The feline bounded along, head lifted high as they enjoyed the rays of the sun shining down and heating up his pelt.

You would think as a creature that typically lived in snowy climates they would hate the heat but honestly Saturn loved it. Sure once summer was in full swing they would need to frequently visits pools of water to cool off do to their coat being so thick but other than that they were perfectly fine. Honestly Saturn wasn’t sure what they would do if they had to live in cold climates all year round, they’d probably suffer.

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - ARVID R. - 04-15-2021

It was sort of a pain, getting used to the cold of the Coalition's territory only for it to begin to warm up for the summer. Arvid didn't mind it that much, however, considering he preferred warmth to bitter, freezing cold. If things got too hot as a result of his thick pelt, perhaps he would ask someone if they could help him clip or shave it down a little. It would probably be a bit of a process, considering how much fur he did have, but it would certainly be worth it in the end.

The dire wolf had been pondering this as he padded along, returning from a small hunting trip that he had decided to go on. He was still only about half the size he would be when fully grown, so he couldn't hunt anything too spectacular just yet, unfortunately. Things like rabbits hiding in the snow and the occasional squirrel were good enough for now, though. He actually had one of his catches clamped in his jaws as he walked along – a small rabbit that he had managed to spot thanks to the mud clashing against their pure white pelt. Arvid had been planning on heading straight back to camp with his prize, but he found himself distracted when he caught sight of Saturn walking nearby. The snow leopard intrigued him, and considering he appreciated company – when he managed not to embarrass himself – he decided to head over. His voice was cheerful as he greeted them, although also slightly muffled by the rabbit in his jaws, "Hey, Saturn! Are you enjoying the weather?" As he asked about the weather, he made sure to put the rabbit down for now, figuring it'd be difficult to understand him if he kept holding it.
i wanna be the sand inside that hourglass

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - Casphian - 04-15-2021

Saturn drew to a stop when Arvid came padding up to them with a question. "Yes I am, I love the warmth honestly," they hummed, shifting their blank and foggy gaze towards the pup. The scent of the fresh kill wafted towards the feline, causing them to tilt their head in curiosity. "Did you just get back from hunting?" They asked, curiosity lacing their words. Honestly hunting wasn't something that Saturn actively did often, with being blind it made it difficult to chase down prey for him to kill. Usually he would just stick with scavenging for kills that had been left by others.

Yet if they ever needed or found easy prey they would hunt but just typically it wasn't something that they did often much to their despair. "How are you handling the weather Arvid?" They also questioned, curious to know how the canine was taking the weather. They could easily tell that Arvid was a canine by scent alone but it was hard for them to distinguish which breed of canine the other was and so the fluffiness of the other's fur was still lost to the feline.

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - ARVID R. - 04-16-2021

There was one thing about Saturn that probably should've been obvious to Arvid, and that was the fact that the other was blind. His gaze being cloudy was probably an obvious sign, but Arvid didn't usually meet the eyes of others all too often. As a result of this ignorance, the dire wolf blinked in confusion as he was asked about hunting, his own gaze darting between Saturn and the rabbit he had brought over. He muttered, his head tilting to one side, "Yes, I was. Can't you see the...?" He trailed off for a moment, before realization hit him. A soft gasp left the canine, his next words a frantic muttering, "Oh, shit... you're blind, aren't you? I... I never even noticed." Embarrassment flooded the dire wolf's form, for several reasons. Why the hell hadn't he noticed? Had he just offended Saturn? He sure as hell hoped not.

Quickly wanting to move on from embarrassing himself, Arvid was quick to focus on Saturn's next question. His tail was twitching nervously as he spoke, his ears flitting backwards for a moment, "Uh... the weather is nice, I suppose. I definitely prefer the warmth to the cold, but my thick pelt makes it a bit of a pain. I was thinking of asking someone to help me with cutting it down somehow..." Saturn had originally been one of several that he had considered asking, but now? That didn't seem like such a good idea. He didn't want Saturn to accidentally slip up and cut him instead of his fur, and he didn't want Saturn to have to deal with the guilt of that if he did.

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - Casphian - 04-20-2021

A chuckle sounded from Saturn, a slightly smile gracing his features. "Not many do unless I tell them or they're rather observant," they mused. "I've been blind for most of my life and have grown to be rather good at hiding the fact I'm blind plus I do function rather well without my sight," they hummed. Saturn attempted to place a paw ontop of Arvid's head, if succeeding they would end up just patting his head before resting their paw there for a moment. "No need to fret over not knowing little wolf, I didn't expect you to know right off the bat," they said, their small smile growing into a bigger smile.

"I understand that, having a thick coat always has its pros and cons," Saturn mused. Their tail flicked lazily behind them, thoughts running a mile a minute as they debated on what to say next. "I typically just go relax in pools of water to cool off when my coat heats up too much," the hummed. "I would always offer to help you with that, I may not have my sight but I do have two working front paws but alas I may end up doing a poor job and making everything uneven," they said with a snicker of a laugh. "Wouldn't want you to end up looking all wonky and uneven."

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - ARVID R. - 04-26-2021

It filled Arvid with relief when Saturn spoke up once more, not seeming furious about the fact that he hadn't noticed the other's blindness. Saturn didn't exactly seem like the type to get furious over just anything, but the dire wolf had still felt some semblance of anxiety within him. A soft and slightly shaky laugh left Arvid as he was patted on the head, muttering as his tail thumped behind him, "Yeah... it doesn't really seem like your blindness gets to you all that much. I mean, you act as if you can see everything just fine." Perhaps they could? He had heard tales of blind creatures being able to essentially "see" fine with their other senses. Maybe that was the case here.

When the conversation returned to the subject of his coat once more, an awkward little laugh left Arvid. He shook his head from side to side, muttering as he did so, "I honestly don't think you'd do that bad. Besides, things being uneven wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean... I know you can't see it, but my entire pelt is uneven, in a way. One of my legs is this striped yellow color, while the other is the same as the rest of my dark fur. I'm... asymmetrical, really. I even have on eye with an extra color." He knew that his claims probably sounded like a joke to someone who couldn't see, but he was actually being truthful. His unique appearance had even been one of the reasons why the scientists had been so eager to study him, along with his status as a dire wolf.

Re: Little one what is this sad song that you weep? // Arvid - Casphian - 04-27-2021

“I suppose I can to an extent, my hearing and sense of smell have heightened over the years of being blind and that’s helped a lot in allowing me to do a lot of things,” Saturn admitted. They tilted their head slightly when Arvid went on to explain how his pelt looked, a smile gracing their features as the strings in their heart were tugged at. They never had anyone explain how they looked before and it honestly really touched Saturn. “I bet you look adorable with all your colors,” they would hum, a sad note to their words.

“Well the offer will stand then if you’d like my help I wouldn’t mind helping,” they mused. The feline let out a yawn after, moving to stretch their body before shaking out their pelt. “Mmm do you have any plans for the day little wolf?”