Beasts of Beyond
was i ever the one - open; cleaning - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: was i ever the one - open; cleaning (/showthread.php?tid=14447)

was i ever the one - open; cleaning - rhosmari - 03-31-2021

The seasons changing was clear in the air. The swamp was full of pollen, yellow staining the water and making things particularly gross looking. Some were starting to have allergies, sniffing and snotting their way around camp. They would just have to go and see Moth for something that could help them.  With the coming of the new season and the day Elsweyr had decided that she would begin cleaning. Cleaning was therapeutic to some she had witnessed. A way to bring in the new and push out the old. A way to reset. She had no such beliefs but if it seemed to help even a little then she was all for trying. After all Tanglewood needed something good. Everyone did.

The lioness opened the doors, both front and back to her home that she shared with her love to let the cool breeze blow through. All the windows were opened up to illuminate the house and she had begun to sweep at the dust and debris that had gathered on the floor. She took her time with it, making sure to get every room that was in the house,  kitchen, bedrooms, living room. All of it. It was soothing, kept her mind busy. Once that was done she moved on to dusting, making sure to dust all the skulls she used to decorate the house. Take the pelts outside. Any and all glass fixtures and metal. Some were a chore as they were hanging up but the majority she managed to get to. She felt like she was almost done when she peered out and looked at a house from across the way.

A house that belonged to a former Luminary. Her stark blue gaze focused on it and she felt the trembles begin in her paws. Her muzzle clenched and those thoughts that plagued her came back and sharply. How was she going to do this? How was she supposed to keep things together when it felt like all the bad was glued onto Tanglewood? She had never been a leader in her tribe. She was a warrior, one that used her prowess to kill when necessary. She did not direft, she did not tell others what to do. She followed orders. And now she was expected to take the reigns. To take control. It felt mindboggling and she felt like everything was hitting hard to show just what a great leader she was.

All the while she had been standing there and staring at Aurum's house. The wood beneath her paws smoldering and smoking as the heat rose. Cipactli, she wasn't the one they needed. She would ruin them. She would not make the correcr decisions that were necessary for their survival. The woman felt the weight on her shoulders so heavy that it almost hurt. Her pulse hammered in her ears and she felt sick to her stomach. Guilt and worry bounced back and forth and she closed her eyes trying to control herself.

Re: was i ever the one - open; cleaning - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 03-31-2021

[glow=white,1,400]WE ARM OURSELVES FOR THE WRONGS WE'VE DONE !。+゚.[/glow]
Spring and summer were much less stressful in comparison to winter and fall. The swamp would be full of prey eventually, if the alligators didn't eat them first. Vigenere was glad he decided to return during this time, but he still felt bad that he hadn't returned sooner. He couldn't stop the events that happened from happening, but he could at least try and help prevent more damage done. Maybe Aurum wouldn't be dead, maybe Atbash's wounds wouldn't be so severe.

Vigenere knew how Elsweyr felt, that's how he had felt whenever he had become leader. He was a soldier for sure, but never a leader, and he wasn't sure that he even did a good job during his time as Luminary. Clearly he did, Tanglewood wouldn't have been happy to see him if he hadn't did an okay job at the very least, but that doubt still lingered in the savannah's mind. "It's hard." The former Luminary spoke as he approached Elsweyr. He wasn't probing her mind or anything, but he had a feeling he knew what she was feeling. He watched the smoke coming from the wood for a few moments before taking in a breath. "Leading is rough, especially when you weren't ever prepared for it. There's so many stresses." He could relate heavily. "But there is joy in leading, you know. Your clanmates look up to you for guidance and you are showing that you can lead. There's strength behind being able to handle your clanmates' stress as well as your own."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: was i ever the one - open; cleaning - arrow - 03-31-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Sometimes, when she had observed both Aurum and Elsweyr's struggles to hold the fort down in their leadership, Arrow's mind traveled back to a time where she was on track to potentially take the reigns, the question of who would succeed Crow being the biggest concern rather than who would set the swamp ablaze next or if they would survive the season. Her death had answered the question rather quickly, a miserable execution with her own body as both executed and executioner. Leroy filled in the gap and the rest was history. While that was so long ago, the reason she thought about it still wasn't because she was bitter over a lost chance and snuffed out ambition, it was only because she thought maybe if she had lived, perhaps taken the torch rather than the canine, she could have prevented everything that came after, or at least been the only one on the sacrificial altar, proverbially speaking. She could have carried the stress and expectations that Elsweyr was burdened with now.

"I thought I said try not burn down my house if you were going to stay here, big girl." Arrow murmured tiredly, tone light enough to reveal she was merely joking. She'd been trying to sleep off the stress of her previous, how to put it...breakdown? Whatever it was out in the swamp, it had taken a lot of energy out of her, and sleep was not her friend, she took what she could get. The cheetah moved to bump her head against the strong shoulder of the lioness, a purr rumbling in her throat at the unusual warmth that came with a girlfriend seemingly made from fire itself. Which, technically she was, if the phoenix-like emergence was anything to go off of. The voice of the recently returned savannah shifted her attention, blinking green eyes curiously. "Speaking from experience, Vig?"
[align=right][sup][sup]template © tikki[/sup][/sup]

Re: was i ever the one - open; cleaning - rhosmari - 04-03-2021

The sudden voice speaking up startled her, flames searing to life around her in a sudden flash before they dulled down. Embarassment flashed through her gaze as she turned to look at Vigenere. "Ah...sorry.." She breathed out quickly as she turned to face him in the open house. She was struggling to come to terms with herself here. Her own strength,  the role she was to play in Tanglewood. All of it. But she listened to him. And he was correct in her fears and her worries. Yes, it was hard to lead especially when she hardly knew anything about the group in which she lived in. She was a foreigner after all. Fresh from a different place and she was thrust into leadership of a place that was vastly different. Didn't think like her, didn’t look into the same looking glass of her world. So that meant she had to change something, right? "Joy? She hopes. She just....doesn't want to mess things up. She didn't learn much under Aurum and she had her disagreements with different situations. She feels like she just wasn't ready for this." Her eyes lowered to the ground, blackened by her paws before she lifted up her eyes to peer at Arrow.

A constant in her life now, someone she leaned on. She didn't want to seem weak around Arrow though. A small sigh left her muzzle as the woman gently bumped her and she lowered her head to brush it against her lower jaw. "She swears that she is trying not to. She promises and...sorry for waking her." Arrow deserved to rest after her whole ordeal. Especially the stress she was feeling.

Re: was i ever the one - open; cleaning - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 04-04-2021

[glow=white,1,400]SCREAMING AT THE ONES WE LOVE !。+゚.[/glow]
"Unfortunately I am." Vigenere replied to Arrow's question with a light chuckle. He listened to Elsweyr's mini vent and nodded in understanding, tail flicking back-and-forth as he thought of a response. "I don't think anyone is ever ready to take up a leadership position. I certainly wasn't." At least Elsweyr could say that she was deputy at the time of Aurum's death, whereas Tanglewood had no high positions at the time Leroy left. "The best thing to keep in mind is that you should always have Tanglewood's best interest in mind, not your personal beliefs. What you may believe is the right action may not be the best for the group." It was hard to separate your emotions from political matters, but sometimes it was needed.

"From what I have seen so far though, Elsweyr." Vigenere went on after a brief silence. "You have been doing great."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]