Beasts of Beyond
Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back (/showthread.php?tid=14431)

Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back - SirDio - 03-29-2021

⸺ BERNADETTE ⸺
YOU ARE MY LIBERTY!
Bernadette, despite her slight fear of water, had situated herself in a house at the Boardwalk. A nice, tidy but spacious place: two stories, balcony, raised up on stilts as it was still pretty damn close to the sand itself. That's why she chose it. because it grounded her, kept her calm. Kept her safe. The fear had started early in her apprenticeship - she had a shit mentor who thought the best way to teach was to make her fear kick in. Though mentorship changed hands a few times, the first time she was given a new teacher was after her first one threw her into a deep pool and refused to help her. It was... a scary thing. and scarring.

Bad swimming memories aside, the assassin had managed to get a hold of paper and pen - inkwell and quill, but still pen. Sitting on her bed in the second-story bedroom, the woman sighed. "'Write as though you're writing to me. Write your anger, your negativity. Write your happiness, your positivity. Write the events you've experienced.'" She recited what her last, and greatest, mentor told her. So, with haste, she started writing.

She wrote about her joining, the fishing Drayden did (adding that she still felt scared about the water), her finding a house. About the speak of the Medici 'losing her mind' (adding that she was hesitant to believe that). About the supposed previous Medici arriving. There wasn't much to write about. But it was nice, to write even though no one would likely read it. She didn't like having other people read her journaling... huh. Journaling.

[color=#ff6684]"May'e I shoul' do sum journal'n again. Tha' was.. fun." and she rolled up the paper and set it on the bedside table before getting up and walking downstairs. The living room was neat and tidy, well kept with a few blades on the wall. Making a b-line for the equally tidy kitchen, the assassin started making herself some tea.

After the tea was ready she took the teas set and walked outside, feeling the salty breeze as she set the tea set down on the porch's table, making sure nothing fell or spilled before she hopped up on the chair and poured herself a glass. It was peaceful, here. That was good. But sometimes it made her restless.

tl:dr - Bernadette writes down most of everything that has happened since she joined the Glades, then makes herself some tea and sits outside on her front porch.
"TALKING"

Re: Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 03-30-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I'LL RUN IN CIRCLES 'TILL I CRASH !。+゚.[/glow]
Being born in The Typhoon meant that Drayden was used to being surrounded by water. It was welcoming
for him, calm and peaceful, even during storms in his mind. The ocean was dangerous, he knew this, but he admired its strength. But he could understand the fear some people had for the ocean - maybe not water per say, but the ocean. It could take away life just as easily as it helped provide.

"Hey Bernadette." Drayden greeted her as he came up to her porch, staring up from where he stopped. The scent of tea was in the air and was intriguing, though of course he wasn't going to be a rude child and ask her for some. "What 'cha doing?"[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back - SirDio - 03-31-2021

⸺ BERNADETTE ⸺
YOU ARE MY LIBERTY!
The assassin blinked, looking over to Drayden with a smile. [color=#ff6684]"'Ello, Drayden." She grinned, then motioned with a paw. [color=#ff6684]"Yuh can come up 'ere if yuh want. 'm jus' enjoyin' the salty breeze with some tea." She let out an airy laugh. For a moment breath caught in her chest but it soon left so she could breath. [color=#ff6684]"'Ow 'ave yuh been?"

"TALKING"

Re: Hit the road, jack - Oneshot, open - and don't you come back - DRAYDEN CIPHER. - 04-01-2021

[glow=white,1,400]TEST MY REALITY !。+゚.[/glow]
With the invitation to join her at her table, Drayden hopped up on Bernadette's porch and took a seat. "I've been doing good." He replied. "Winterhymns has been encouraging me to do things and it helps me feel about about.. y'know. Having a twisted paw," He let out a forced, awkward, embarrassed laugh, almost as if he was ashamed of being born with such a disfigurement. And honestly, the young boy was. After all, it was the whole reason Aphra abandoned him and while he held hatred in his heart for her because of that, that didn't mean the fact hurt him any less. It hurt him a lot.

But the Glades was helping him gain some confidence and it felt nice.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]