Beasts of Beyond
a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open (/showthread.php?tid=14382)

Pages: 1 2

a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - ARLO M. - 03-24-2021

[align=center]
ARLO MAXIMUS
[div style="max-width: 600px; height: 24px; background: #b0a089; padding: 5px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; color: #943c3d;"][align=center] — [b]DRACONIC FELINE - GOLDEN EYE - VANGUARD - TAGS
With a growing amount of members, not to mention one of which was a herbivore, it was time to look towards building upwards and onwards. Arlo had slowly been working at gathering ingredients, materials, tools, water buckets.. anything and everything that he could think of. Arlo exhaled softly as he stepped out into the sunlight. While it felt warm, and he wanted nothing more to take a day off and curl up on a warm rock, he had other things to be done.

He started early morning, his paws shaping and working the earth. It took him a few hours to get the basis done, supplying enough water to the ground, and seeing the crops as he went along. But, by late afternoon, Arlo had constructed a farm with hardy leafy greens and vegetables. These would be the crops the most likely to survive in this climate, and he exhaled, slowly sitting down next to it and rubbing his dirty paws together.

"speech"

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - CLEOPATRA THEMA. - 03-24-2021

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - ARLO M. - 03-25-2021

[align=center]
ARLO MAXIMUS
[div style="max-width: 600px; height: 24px; background: #b0a089; padding: 5px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; color: #943c3d;"][align=center] — [b]DRACONIC FELINE - GOLDEN EYE - VANGUARD - TAGS
Arlo had hardly noticed the woman approach. He grunted gently as he heaved another lump of rock out of the carefully crafted field, before jumping- nearly out of his skin- at the so called announcement that he had company. Arlo's wings fluttered gently, before laying back at his side. Arlo turned his head, before stepping away from the field. "Cleo, you scared me." He ventured, lightly, before looking back towards the field.

He nodded in response. "The best kind of work is early work. Get it done early, go to bed earlier." He responded, his voice lightly chiding and amused in tone. He stretched his body out, throwing a yawn out. "I figured- hmph. I figured it was best if we got some kind of steady food source in." He stated, nodding to the seeded part of the field, and what was barely left. There wasn't much, knowing him, he had some kind of plan for it all together.

"speech"

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - CLEOPATRA THEMA. - 03-26-2021

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - ARLO M. - 03-27-2021

[align=center]
ARLO MAXIMUS
Arlo felt as if he had hit a good note with her. He relaxed a bit, a slightly satisfied smile touching his face, wings shuffling gently. However, as she posed her question, he raised his eyebrows. Gently, Arlo nodded, looking towards the rows that he had started. What had already been done, had little markers indicating the plant, and had already been watered and mounded about. What hadn't been touched was still just upturned soil.

"Go ahead. I feel it'll be good for a second pair of eyes and paws to help out." Arlo stated, moving to the next row and slowly starting to seed. "You.. said that you and your parents farmed?" He was trying to spark conversation, however awkward it might be.

"speech"

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - CLEOPATRA THEMA. - 03-28-2021

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - DAMION MAVERICK - 03-28-2021

IC TEXT

he approached the pair, eyes raking across the upturned earth and seeds that were visible to the naked eye. "arlo, this is unprotected. if i may, i suggest i could take some members who are willing to help to build something like a greenhouse over it, so no outsiders can get in?" no formalities needed, especially not for the naked cat, he didn't care much for her but the only thing he showed was a playful grin in arlo's direction, knowing he meant it.

OC TEXT

INNER CIRCLE - SPEECH - THOUGHTS - TAGS

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - aesior - 03-28-2021

AESIOR OPHELES
✯ — got spirits in my head and they won't go
space
The silent observer came after the other members, the scent of overturned earth causing him to wonder what was being done. Watching Arlo and Cleo work, he would blink softly as he looked to Damion, his tail twitching behind him. They spoke of gardening, a thing he had little experience in though he much preferred to do the harvesting. Most plant life aside from his flowers, didn't always seem to agree with him, some would die but when it came to flowers and their cousins, he could sustain them. Perhaps he should try to make a garden of flowers himself, for some comfort from a time long passed.

Listening to Damion suggest a shelter, he settled to listen faintly before moving closer. He'd help if he were able to, he had enough strength to move the rocks that needed to be removed yet. Padding closer to the duo with a tamp of his paws on the dirt, he would move to the rocks and lift a paw in their direction, waiting until he had caught the attention of one of them. He wanted to lend help in a way that wouldn't hurt - he could move the rocks as far as necessary.
space
✯ — MALE. THE GOLDEN EYE. MEDIUM DIFFICULTY. REF. LANGUAGE GUIDE. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - FRAGGLEROCK. - 03-29-2021

Said herbivore within the group would be delighted to hear that a garden was being made, honestly. It meant that he would stop having to scour most of the territory for food, looking for edible leafy greens in the sparse patches of greenery he could reach. However, that also meant that he wanted to help out as much as possible, not wanting to be interpreted as some sort of freeloader. He was still a child, which some would argue meant that he didn't need to help out. He still wanted to, though. He wanted to be seen as useful, and not be looked down upon just because of his age, or species. He wanted to create good memories in the place of his absent ones, not memories that would have him down because he was being rejected.

With a few quick hops, Frag found himself sitting near the garden, golden paws pressed against the dirt as he observed what Arlo had already gathered. His fluffy tail was twitching behind him as he spoke, smiling, "Wow, this already looks great, Arlo! I'm sure all of this stuff is going to grow really well!" He'd offer to help move some of the rocks and other things, but... his small body wasn't exactly suited for that. So instead, he came up with another suggestion, "If you want... maybe I could search the territory every once in a while for more things for us to plant? I'm really good at digging, so I can find and grab things much faster than others." They could even add herbs to the farm as well, to keep around just in case of injuries.
[glow=#4c2c1c,2,300]YOU CAN WRAP MY BRAIN IN PLASTIC[/glow]

Re: a gun loaded with roses - farming, open - ARLO M. - 04-01-2021

[align=center]
ARLO MAXIMUS
Arlo listened to Cleopatra as he worked, continuing to sew the last of the new ground. It wasn't a large field, but on that was easily going to sustain those in the group that needed vegetables. Hunting alone on the rocklands was hard enough, forget about having a full stomach. Arlo nodded in response to her statement, giving her another small smile. "You're welcome to take over watching the field, if you'd like. I'm sure that someone will help out, but you can take over managing it." He stated.

As other's approached, Arlo stood straight, fluffing up his body a bit. He blinked at Damion, before pausing at rubbing at his chin with the backside of his wrist, so that he couldn't be dashed in dirt. A small 'hmm' left him as he was thinking. "I do agree it's out in the open, but we'd need some way to blend it into the mountains. Otherwise, it'd still stand out. But a greenhouse would be excellent in helping to grow the plants as well. Good idea, Damion." He nodded to the Inner Circle guard. He was glad people were looking towards improving the things he created.

As Aesior approached, Arlo looked towards him with a blink. He dipped his head wordlessly to the mute, giving him a slightly different smile. It was one that was hard to decipher, but one that maybe the other feline would understand. But as his paws tapped the ground and a rock nearby hovered, it became obvious. Arlo's spine stiffened a bit, and a wild grin overcame the draconic feline's face. "That's awesome, Aes. You can go ahead and move the rocks- if you're strong enough at it, maybe we could use that to build into the greenhouse too." Arlo nodded to him in approval.

And finally, Fraggle had come over. Perhaps this was one of the bigger reasons Arlo had created the field of plants, he decided, looking down at the young rabbit. He perked his ears a bit, that wild grin of his softening a bit. "Thank you, Fraggle. I was hoping to make something a bit more friendly for our herbivores of the group." He winked a tiny bit, before his eyebrows raised a bit as his question. Another 'hm' left him, looking about at the group, before back towards him. "That's definitely a good idea, but I worry about your safety alone. There's a lot of predators out there. Would it be possible to have someone follow you and keep you safe?" He questioned gently.

"speech"