Beasts of Beyond
TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? (/showthread.php?tid=14350)

TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-18-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I NEED A SHOT AGAIN, THAT SWEET ADRENALINE !。+゚.[/glow]
With the weather starting up, Dante decided to go out in the jungle to search for his favorite pond to relax in. It wasn't going to be perfect by any means, he knew this, but at the very least there should be some ponds unfrozen, right? I fucking hope so. He could use the relief from having scratchy gills. Fortunately for the hybrid, it did seem like his little pond was unfrozen. His fur fluffing out in relief, Dante ran towards the pond, his paws splashing as he plunged into the water.

... Until he realized it was fucking cold! "Motherfucker!" Dante snarled as he quickly backpedaled out of the water as much as he could, his long tail lashing about as he glared down into the cold water. Guess he wasn't going to go swimming today, huh?[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - aine. - 03-21-2021

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px"]HOW DO YOU RUN FROM Y[color=#5d8e93]OUR OWN MIND?
Spring carried hope.  A hope for the weather to warm enough to replant.  Regrow.  The petite deer-fox certainly didn't trot into the jungle in search of water.  Simply checking on any plants that might be toughing it out.  That would be the first to truly flourish in the warming temperatures.

Her ears flicked back at a familiar loud curse.  Brow raising.  Frowning softly as she trotted over... To find Dante scrambling out of a pond.  "Dante?" Goodness.  "Are you... Are you trying to catch hypothermia?"

However much she disliked the hybrid, the fleshweaver would not wish him hypothermia.  That would simply be cruel.  Shuffling her feathers, Aine crept closer to the water.  Reaching out a hoof to test it herself.  Shaking her head.  No.  She would not recommend.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-21-2021

"No." Dante shot back, glaring down at Aine as if he was angry she even suggested the idea of his wanting hypothermia. It was mostly a lash out from him still recovering from the initial shock though, more or less. "I wanted to relax. Y'know. Enjoy being in the water." He grumbled. "I didn't think it'd be freezing, with shit starting to warm up." Clearly, he didn't know how the weather worked.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - gael - 03-23-2021

[align=center]
| GAEL Ó BROIN
Dante's raised voice brought little surprise to the vulpine, though his brows soon rose as he discovered the cause.  Gael shook his head, an exasperated glint in his hazel gaze. 

"The water will be cold for some time yet," he pointed out plainly.  "If you wish to enjoy a swim, you may want to ask a clanmate to help in heating the water prematurely -- otherwise, you will simply have to be patient.  It takes time for water temperature to change."
BUT I PROMISE YOU I'LL KEEP YOU SAFE   gael ó broin / faerie / ardent

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-23-2021

"Don't talk down to me." Dante huffed irritably, not completely aware of the fact that Gael wasn't actually talking down to him, both metaphorically and literally. His tail tip was flicking back and forth, with the hybrid being frustrated that Gael assumed that he knew anyone who had the ability to heat things up. Ironically, he did, but did he know this? Of course not. "I figured things would have changed by now."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - aine. - 03-23-2021

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px"]HOW DO YOU RUN FROM Y[color=#5d8e93]OUR OWN MIND?
Aine's ears flattened.  Irritation flashing in her eyes.  A huff of air escaping her lips.  If he wanted to be snappy she could snap back but... Stars.  She didn't feel like it.  Why waste the energy?

She did frown as her father spoke.  Humming softly in thought.  Nodding in acknowledgement.  Agreement.  A confused look crossing her face at Dante's words.  Changed by now?  "That's- ... That's not how- Water takes time.  To heat 'an cool.  More than a few days.  Because of..." Science?  Science seemed too broad to her...  "Therm- thermodynamics?" Science.

"I-I dunno.  But water doesn't heat or cool fast.  's not like air.  It changes after the air does." Right?  Right.  "It'll jus' take time." Unfortunately.  Especially since the concern of hypothermia applied to the entire Pitt.  To Aine at least.  She didn't like the idea of the water being so cold anyone accidentally slipping in or falling could freeze themselves.
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: TRY AS YOU MIGHT // swimming...? - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-24-2021

Did Aine really think that he would know what the word thermodynamic meant? Of course he didn't, but he did understand her words prior to it. Another snort escaped Dante as a response to her little smartass explanation. "That's stupid." He pouted. Yes, he was pouting. He was a giant manchild.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]