Beasts of Beyond
TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river (/showthread.php?tid=14318)

TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river - HORIZON CIPHER. - 03-14-2021

HORIZON CIPHER
don't be fooled, i was raised by the wolves !
i'm sustained by the sound of angels singing me to sleep !
TRIGGER WARNING: this post briefly goes into abuse from Horizon's father in the second paragraph

Considering Horizon's hydrophobia, you would think that the devil would stay away from The River Pass, but the fact that this was a semi-popular place (or at least, it lead to a semi-popular place where his clanmates liked to hang out), Horizon had to go there eventually. The sounds of the water rushing kept him away from the area but eventually Horizon found the courage to at least get close. That being said, it was obvious that the Greenhorn was nervous being so close to the river, as evident by his wide eyes and tense body.

You've gotta get past this fear somehow. Although truthfully, it wasn't entirely 'just' a fear. Caesar had held Horizon's head under the water more than once, only releasing the devil when Horizon started flailing and said flailing got weaker. Horizon never passed out, or at least he didn't remember ever passing out, but of course it was still a traumatic experience for him, especially considering how young he had been. Was it something he could get over easily, or at all? Truthfully, Horizon wasn't sure.
transmale | greenhorn of the frostblown

Re: TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river - SirDio - 03-20-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
JUST ONE KISS, BUT YOU ONLY GET THIS TO HUMOR YOU!
Water wasn't a fear to Sebastian - an annoyance, yes, but never a fear. He could understand why some were afraid of the water - hell, they had every reason to. The demon walked up to the river pass, noticing how tense he was. Concern laced the demon's features and they went to step closer. [b]"You doing okay, man?" They inquired, voice almost soft. They sat down next to Horizon, giving him space.
FROSTBLOWN - DEMON - HEAD OF THE VICAR-KRIGG FAMILY
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river - HORIZON CIPHER. - 03-21-2021

HORIZON CIPHER
don't be fooled, i was raised by the wolves !
i'm sustained by the sound of angels singing me to sleep !
Horizon had been so lost in thought that he hadn't heard Sebastian approaching, and when the demon started talking, Horizon's head turned sharply to look at him, eyes wide and blinking. "Uh. Yeah, I'm doing fine. Just... thinking, is all." He replied, trying to put a smile on his face to reassure Sebastian that everything was relatively fine. Not really, not the fact that he felt worried just by being here, or frustrated at the fact that he was scared of water, of all thing. But that wasn't something he really wanted to admit, not out loud at the very least. He had already implied a fear when Auberon mentioned floods and he remembered how Jadeire had made a face at his reaction; he felt as if she was mocking him, or storing that information for later to make fun of him.

Fears were stupid, but in the back of his mind, Horizon knew that in his particular case, it was almost justified. It was moreso trauma than fear, wasn't it?
transmale | greenhorn of the frostblown

Re: TYING MY STOMACH IN KNOTS // open, by the river - teef - 03-23-2021

come the approach of auberon, the sage stepping along the edges of the water, his head turned to what water could free itself. occassionally the thin ice along the rocky shore would give away, sending icy sludge between his toes. snorting at the feeling, he continued his investigation of the river, judging when they would have to begin taking precautions. wandering further to shore, the akhlut would shake his paws, hearing the voices of horizon and sebastian, coming up to the conversation himself. "greetings, you two. how are you both doing?", he asked, feeling some notion of surprise to see Horizon here at the river pass, with the semi-alert to what might be a fear for the devil.

no fancy//