Beasts of Beyond
Desolate - O; Reminiscing - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Desolate - O; Reminiscing (/showthread.php?tid=14279)

Desolate - O; Reminiscing - Byriath - 03-10-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
SOMEONE TO HEAR YOUR PRAYERS, SOMEONE WHO [color=#e600e6]CARES
The thaw had done many things to the land - and the people whom called the land home. Byriath had felt his heart quicken oddly, breath hitched as old memories came to life, warm his chest with the reminder of love he once had, leaving his chest ever colder when it faded. A hearty, furied growl left him and he threw a bone toward the wall of his cave-home. It clattered against it and he sighed.

It was so long ago, when he was different and in a different form and had constantly took leadership of armies and waded in the blood of war when he met her. She had hated him at first, anger rivaling his own when she slapped him, taunted and spat in his face. It angered him but he had admiration for her. She was a simple woman, fair in looks but fiery in anger and fighting.

When he fought in the arena he saw her watching, cheering on his bloody crusade. It had blossomed from hate to respect to love. When she was torn from him, his war-rage could be heard from the deepest void to the hall of the creator, the ground breaking before him and shredding canyons. Only the destroyer could rationalize him and calm him.

Byriath huffed, pressing a paw against his head. "Harena, why do you plague me." he lifted his lips up in a snarl. But it never surfaced and he pushed his way out his house, moving with haste to the hunting grounds. Love, why do you seek me? I am gone. He whirled around, the gentle tone only heard by him and his war-fire within shrank. "Harena, I.." He silenced himself, knowing he could not speak what he wished. She was not here, she could not see him, could not hear him.
BYRIATH-COALITION-FALLEN GOD OF VIOLENCE, CRUELTY, AND MALICE
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Desolate - O; Reminiscing - APHRA CIPHER . - 03-10-2021

[glow=grey,1,400]LOVE ME, HATE ME !。+゚.[/glow]
Being in this jaguaress body meant that Aphra's fur was a tad bit shorter than what it would be if she were in her birth body. That being said, she was hardly a fan of cold weather and as such, she was pretty happy when the weather started to warm up. What had Aphra worried, though, was Sojourn's announcement of potential mudslides. Not because of the danger they would present to her children, however - she was mostly just worried about getting mud and debris all over her fur.

Aphra didn't hear the things that Byriath had mumbled to himself, though she did notice that the war-driven male did seem to be a bit on edge. Upset. And being the dramawhore she was, Aphra was curious as to what seemed to be getting him down. "You look tense." She rumbled as she approached Byriath, trying to hide the mischievous look in her eye.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: Desolate - O; Reminiscing - Byriath - 03-11-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Byriath turned his purple gaze to Aphra as she spoke, watching her closely as if he expected her to say or do something foolish. It was strange of him to expect that, seeing as she was carrying cubs - not that she cared nor Byriath himself cared. "Mhh.. yes." What else was he to say? He shrugged gently. "Unwelcome memories - old life and such."
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Desolate - O; Reminiscing - APHRA CIPHER . - 03-11-2021

Honestly, Aphra was surprised that Byriath admitted that he was feeling stressed out. If that would've been her, she probably would've snapped that it was none of anyone's business what she was going through - but of course, maybe that was just her, specifically. "Ha, can't relate." She didn't laugh, rather the 'ha' came out as an actual word. "What's the point in worrying about the past?"[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: Desolate - O; Reminiscing - Byriath - 03-12-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
There was an angry clack of teeth as he listened to Aphra, narrowing his eyes. Mortals and their disgusting pride. He held back a groan. "The life was lovely. I had power, I lead wars, fought in Colosseums surrounded by cheering. I loved it and hated it equally." He sneered, deep rooted anger bubbling again.

"And it wasn't like I wanted to remind myself of the failures."
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: Desolate - O; Reminiscing - APHRA CIPHER . - 03-12-2021

Aw, did I pinch a nerve? Aphra couldn't help but muse as she heard the sound of Byriath's teeth clicking together, her tail tip twitching in amusement. If she could hear his thought about 'mortals and their pride', she would have snorted and argue that she wasn't mortal, but fortunately for him, she wasn't a mind-reader. "So did my father." Well, that was partially a lie. Caesar had been a high position in The Typhoon, sure, but to say he was cheered on and liked was an overstatement. Of course, neither Caesar nor Aphra would admit that they often caused trouble for The Typhoon themselves and got angry when people called them out on things. "He liked the attention, still does, in fact. There's a reason he gets a kick out of being exiled from where." She mused.

"I could probably find him if you want me to. He can wipe away the memories of your failures." Aphra knew that Caesar wouldn't do that without fucking up Byriath's mind, or without something that he could personally gain - but she wouldn't admit that. Was that technically lying? Sure, but she preferred to call it selective lying. A joke, if you will.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]