Beasts of Beyond
LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body (/showthread.php?tid=14172)

Pages: 1 2

LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 02-27-2021

[glow=white,1,400]WHAT PART OF LIVING SAYS YOU GOTTA DIE ?。+゚.[/glow]
As surprising as it may seem, there was someone that Dante missed. It was Vale, with how strange xey were and the fact xer body morphed and contorted in such strange ways. He didn't know how xey did it, but he was going to attempt to do his own shapeshifting. Mostly to see if he could get rid of the one injury that still lingered and bothered him. So while lazing about in town, the hybrid concentrated as much as he could on thinking of a specific animal. Which was hard to do, considering he wasn't exactly sober right now either.

Y'know what creatures he kinda-sorta liked? Lions. It would be similar to his own body more than likely, but at the very least it would mean he could shapeshift, right? So with this thought in mind, Dante closed his eyes and tried to focus on the image of a lion, trying to ignore anyone passing by and instead focusing on his own thoughts. After a couple minutes, the hybrid could feel his body morph and shift, though he couldn't see what he was shifting into and had he known at first, he would have tried to stop it.

Opening his eyes, Dante found himself... smaller than what he expected to be. Confused, he stood up and nearly toppled over (mostly due to not being used to this body, but also partially due to his druckeness). He let out an angry huff, only to find himself letting out a more... raspier sound than a rumbling growl. "The hell...?" Dante spoke out loud, now looking down to see that instead of paws, he had what appeared to be almost human-like hands. Dante let out a screech of surprised, followed quickly by a "God damnit!" as he studied the rest of the body he shifted into. So what had Dante turned himself into, you ask?

A white raccoon with orange markings, complete with the scars he had in his birth body and, of course, the burn wound that Elsweyr had given him. Dante was definitely not a happy camper at this discovery, and his thick-furred tail tapped the ground in fury.

//He probably won't be in this raccoon bod outside of this thread, but I thought it'd be funny![glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - aine. - 02-27-2021

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="max-width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 8px; padding-left: 10px"]HOW DO YOU RUN FROM Y[color=#5d8e93]OUR OWN MIND?
The petite fleshweaver's personal experience with shapeshifting was limited to her mutated form.  She had not been born half-deer, nor with a pair of wings.  Despite the panic and confusion waking up in such a state, trading paws for hooves and sprouting feathered wings, she had grown comfortable.  It felt... Like her.

Her brother had been an avid shapeshifter since birth.  Capable of fluid changes.  The memories still danced in her mind's eye sometimes.  Now muddled with the pain of grief.  The incontrollable laughter when they played chase and his attempt to shift into something bigger and faster backfired... It still made her smile.  For a moment.  And she wondered if she could shift so naturally as he had... She hadn't tired.  Hadn't really cared to.

She certainly didn't care about Dante's own attempt.  Would huff in irritation if she knew it came from memories of Vale of all treacherous individuals.  Would have passed him by without a second thought, hadn't it been for the sudden angry curse finally catching her ear.  Confused.  A little curious.

Her hazel hues flickered around for a bemused moment.  A little lost.  No hybrid... A... A racoon?  "..." [abbr=what...?]Quel...?  "Dante?"

Okay.  It was... A little funny.  Her lips might've began to quirk up just a little... After all, she could not imagine him purposely trying to shift into a racoon.  No.  It was more likely a backfire.  Like when her brother turned himself into a gecko.

Still.  Hiding a smile, the druid raised her brows.  "What... Why are you... Why are you a racoon?"
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 02-27-2021

[glow=white,1,400]WHAT PART OF LIVING SAYS YOU GOTTA DIE ?。+゚.[/glow]
Oh, great, it was Aine who first spotted him in such a state. One of the last people he wanted to see, next to maybe Gael or Jormungand (the latter would only use this as an excuse to make fun of him). "I tried to fuckin' shapeshift like Vale." Dante grumbled, looking up at the Fleshweaver with metaphorical fire in his eyes. He seemed very unhappy with being in this form. "I wanted to be a lion or some shit, and I'm stuck as this abomination!"

Had he not been so blinded by his frustration, maybe he would have realized how having hands would probably be a lot more easier in regards to using his drugs, but hey. Maybe he'll figure that out on his own. "And it didn't even get rid of my injuries, God fucking damnit!"[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - rhosmari - 02-27-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
I CAN SMELL YOUR SCENT FOR MILES
Typically the large behemoth was not a custom to seeing creatures change shape. Their size seemingly permanent to a degree but knew that things were odd and mysterious. There were powers that coursed through the blood of many creatures, himself included. It was interesting though to see what some had and what others did not. Here was a perfect example of such a thing as he came upon the scene and noticed rather quickly that something was not quite right here. The raptor tilted his head to the side as he stared down at the smaller figure that was Dante. Scaled lips pulling up slightly as he narrowed his eyes a bit. He was well, trying not to laugh. Trying hard to keep his own composure as the foul words spewed forth from such a tiny creature. "You've gotten tinier." His normal rumbling tone was frought with the humor that he felt before he cleared his throat and tried once again.

"Well, maybe this body can be of some potential use." He tried to sound positive but the sight of the raccoon was still something laughable. Especially the anger that was within the small creature right now.
SERPENTINE - 6 YEARS - INDORAPTOR
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - gael - 02-27-2021

[align=center]
| GAEL Ó BROIN
Many members of the faerie's kin possessed the ability to shapeshift -- his younger brother particularly had an unusual knack for it that Gael's son had inherited.  It made little difference in the present; neither were around to startle or bemuse their family and friends with their ever adaptive forms now -- it was all just painful memories. 

It would appear Dante decided to take the mantle of amusement instead, however unintentional.

A rare glint sparked in the vulpine's sharp gaze as he caught wind of the situation, ear flicking.  "I believe it suits you, Northwest." Just as a snake might suit his cousin, Séamus -- a thought that was followed by a quiet snort. 

"And it is all the better your own abilities do not allow you to cheat your way through life," the Ardent would add with an unimpressed frown, scoffing at the remark of being rid of his injuries.  Pathetic.  It was a cowardly move in the faerie's opinion.
BUT I PROMISE YOU I'LL KEEP YOU SAFE   gael ó broin / faerie / ardent

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - Kold - 02-27-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
A VIVSECTION OF ME - DONE BY GOD FOR ALL TO SEE!
Kold blinked at the sight. Though laughter bubbled in her she bit her tongue. "What the fu-hu-huck." She snorted, black smeared face twisting into a manic grin. He was so tiny now! So angry, too!

"Hey, think! You're smaller so you can get into places people like me can't get into - sick, right?" She said in a gritty, mocking voice, grin plastered on her face.
Kold Darcia Ní Broin - Pitt - Marauder
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - Windowmemer - 03-01-2021

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

A screech drew the panther's attention and he lifted his head, following the source of the sound. A fuming raccoon hopped up and down, screaming his anger. Jor identified Dante, by scent. He looked so small. Jor could feel his lips begin to curve up. "Dante? Is that you?" He asked slowly, leaning forwards to confirm  the scent. Yep, it was the hybrid. The scar even matched. "Oh boy, where shall I start?" He shook his head, mirth dancing in his optics. He switched his gaze between his paws and the raccoon.

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-01-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I NEED A SHOT AGAIN, THAT SWEET ADRENALINE !。+゚.[/glow]
Dante was practically vibrating with rage as it seemed every Pittian in existence came over to see what was going on. "Potential use, my ass." He huffed in reply to both Kold and Serpentine's comments, though maybe once he actually calmed down he would be able to realize that, hey, this body might have some benefits.

"I wasn't cheating, I think I've done enough with my punishment as is. I suffered enough, god damnit." Dante snapped at Gael, glaring up at the Ardent, as if he had any right to say if and when his punishment was over. And then came over Jormungand, and Dante rolled his eyes. "Fuck off. Don't start."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - Kold - 03-02-2021

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
A VIVSECTION OF ME - DONE BY GOD FOR ALL TO SEE!
Kold grinned, seeing great satisfaction in Dante's anger. A gentle laugh left her, body rippling with each breath. Something crackled against her fur but it was unseen. "You got little grabby hands too, you can hold your drugs n shit easier." She shrugged, stepping back so Jor could get a little closer if he wished.
Kold Darcia Ní Broin - Pitt - Marauder
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: LOSIN' MY MIND TODAY // new power/body - DANTE NORTHWEST. - 03-02-2021

[glow=white,1,400]I NEED A SHOT AGAIN, THAT SWEET ADRENALINE !。+゚.[/glow]
Dante stared at Kold whenever she spoke again, blinking as if her words had just clicked. He looked down at his little paw-hands, still surprised at what Kold was saying, before he looked up at her again - his anger seemingly gone. "Holy fucking shit, you're right."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]