Beasts of Beyond
it takes a friend - private; arrow - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: it takes a friend - private; arrow (/showthread.php?tid=13997)

it takes a friend - private; arrow - rhosmari - 02-05-2021

"Arrow...? Her voice slowly slipped into the silent air as she peeked within the home she shared with the lively ghost. Her eyes of blue were partly narrowed before they adjusted to the dimmer light within the home. Although it was getting late and most were retiring to their homes the tribal woman had been put and looking to bring something back. She was worried. Very worried. The dead cat seemed to be the only one that cared about her feelings which she felt was a nice reprieve from the situations that had been going on. She was worried for the woman that had allowed her to stay with her, that had seen her for who she was even when her house and burned away and her old body with it. Gently she stepped into the house after turning to grab something, the fire of her mane and tail offering a warm orange glow to the room. With care she dropped the leg of the bird she had killed upon the ground. It had been a massive thing and she scooted across the floor before her mind clicked at how ridiculous this all was. Arrow was dead. She did not eat.

The lioness cringed a bit at the thought before she sighed softly. "She is sorry. She keeps forgetting that this one does not need...alive things anymore." The Shadow Regent took a step forward then and she moved to where the ghostly figure was. Her tail wrapped around her paws after a moment before she glanced back to the ethereal cat. Really she just wanted to know how she was doing and yet it was harder for her to form the words than she thought it would be. It was a sensitive thing she knew and her tribe was not used to such things. They spoke their hearts, tiptoeing did no good. "Is...is everything okay with her? She doesn't want anything bad to happen and she is worried about her health?" Especially the fact that no one in Tanglewood could actually do anything to help her.

Re: it takes a friend - private; arrow - arrow - 02-06-2021

"but you promised me this is love"   ── After much consideration, Arrow was worried she had chosen a terrible time to require company for a...disturbing matter. She hadn't thought about it until it was a little too late, but between the fire and Ares making her escape into the stormy night, perhaps having to witness a ghost look so terminally ill wasn't the greatest turn of events. The following sense of guilt was heavier than she'd planned, leaving her curled up on the floor with her head in her paws mumbling such positive phrases such as "you fuckin' idiot.". The time that had passed had been lost to her after returning home following her public display, refusing to leave even when the agony had passed like she assured it would.

It had been late by the time her company returned, the creak of the floorboards and thunk of the gift announcing Elsweyr's arrival before the charming voice of the woman sounded through the hall. She raised her head, sitting up as the lioness got closer. "Don't worry about it, Elsie. I appreciate the thought. You could always eat it for me." She grinned, whiskers twitching in a manner that was much more jovial than she actually was. She clicked her tongue as she tried to form an answer to the question. She figured that lying was both inconsiderate at this point, and it wasn't like her condition would really be getting in anyone's way at this point. "I'm fine, sorry about makin' such a scene. At least this time around it's less dramatic." The grin faded, and Arrow looked uncharacteristically saddened. Her eyes were cast to the soft light on the wall from Elsweyr's mane, blinking wistfully as if she was trying to remember something. "I'll be okay. It's just...okay, confession. I'll be having moments of spittin' up blood for eternity." She nervously rubbed the back of her neck, half expecting to find the woman bolting when she looked back up. "Technically, I'm always sick, because it, y'know, killed me."

Re: it takes a friend - private; arrow - rhosmari - 02-07-2021

The woman couldn't help the cringe that passed over her expression at her own mistake. She didn't want to offend Arrow and keep reminding her that she was dead. But the problem was that Arrow never felt dead to her. She was always there and a constant joking and warm presence. She knew that she enjoyed the other woman's presence immensely and that she didn't want anything bad happening to her. Like this sickness that she couldn't seem to do anything about. It was almost harrowing how it made her feel, that she just had no way of helping at all. "She supposes she will eat it later." If she could stomach food at all. The events that had happened recently had put a damper on her appetite. With Ares gone there was a jagged hole in her heart. She was angry, she was sad, she was an emotional wreck. Closing her eyes a bit she tried to calm herself and she she forced her full attention on the one that actually was having a real issue. But when had her own issues not been real?

Slowly her orange pupils eyes widened a bit when she expressed that she would always be like this. Always have these moments of agony. Her heartbeat picked up pace like a roaring flame and she stiffened a bit. "No." She began with fear clinging to her tongue as she watched the ethereal creature before her. "There has to be some way to save Arrow. She doesn't have to suffer like this. Please tell Elsweyr, tell her how she can help her." Almost instinctually she tried to place her paw on Arrow's just to attempt to have some solace but it simply went through and there was silence.

Re: it takes a friend - private; arrow - arrow - 02-08-2021

"but you promised me this is love"   ── "There has to be some way to save Arrow. She doesn't have to suffer like this."

Having zoned out for a few seconds, the startling change in Elsweyr's tone caught her completely off guard. Arrow jumped, eyes widened in surprise rather than fear, as if she'd been jostled around. There was a sharp pang in her heart, nearly swearing if she squinted she could see the pink form of Delilah instead of the white and orange that was actually in front of her. But there was not the woman from her past, only the woman of her present. She squeezed those same eyes shut until she felt comfortable opening them back up knowing her brain's cruel tricks were done. It was insane how much Elsweyr had sounded like the former medic just then, her bottom lip would have quivered if she hadn't sexured it with her teeth briefly. "I...I don't know. It wouldn't be an issue if I was still alive, but I ain't. And kickin' someone out their body for my comfort feels wrong. Immoral." She looked away from the lioness's intense gaze, feeling her ears burn with a sort of heat when usually there was nothing. Vagueness. She didn't know what that meant, but it surely was connected with the Shadow Reaper's strong desire to help, which she wasn't about to deny, but wasn't sure how to handle such care either. It was complicated, like everything else had been lately.

She felt a distant sense of touch when Elsweyr's paw went right through her, and the silence left after it and the sheer size of the thing compared to her skinny little ghost body made her absolutely lose it, first snorting then full-blown laughter erupted from her, shattering the stillness. "Wow, okay, I'm never getting used to that. This is some stupid shit, I could just start running through people, freak 'em out."