Beasts of Beyond
DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns (/showthread.php?tid=13913)

DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - magnum - - 01-26-2021

MAGNUM DAISUKE
Magnum didn’t usually sleep during the night. Too many mixed up thoughts and bad memories kept him from keeping his eyelids closed for more then one hour at a time. So on nights like this, where the clan slept soundly in their homes, Magnum was usually one to sit on the beach and watch the stars twinkle in the sky. The wolf held a freshly lit cigarette loosely on his lips and began to drift off, his eyes growing heavier with each second to the gentle lull of the waves.

“Do you love me, Maggy?”

A sharp intake of breath and a brief kick up of sand and he was up, eyes darting around with fear of the voice he had heard almost as if it were real. His ears were pinned for a while, looking at the vista surrounding him until he was quite sure nobody was around him. It was slow, but Magnum finally rested back onto his haunches and gave a slight huff at his imagination. He new the voice all too well and he had heard those words teased with him, unknowning of his true feelings for his old partner.

Magnum’s eyes drifted back towards the sea. He reached up and quickly pulled his hat down further over his face. He didn’t need this right now. He was having a pretty swell day, actually, and his tired brain just had to go and ruin it by digging into his feelings. To his old friend, he was only his business partner. He accepted a long time ago that that’s all he would ever be to the gentleman thief. He didn’t need to be anything more than that, not if he had liked him the way he was. Not even if he wanted to be more. There were somethings in life you couldn’t change, no matter how much you wanted to.

He couldn’t jeopardize the good life he had now over some fantasy.

He was fine being left behind whenever he went out on the town to find someone. He was fine with him ditching him at bars or parties, or any place they had gone to together. He was fine with being kicked out of the safe house whenever women came over. He was fine with it, really he was. He didn’t need someone to love him.

He was just a second thought.

[member=17723]WINTERHYMNS P.[/member] 
EVERYTHING IS DUST IN THE WIND

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - WINTERHYMNS P. - 01-26-2021

Winterhymns couldn't find sleep the first night being within the Palm Glades territory, he knew that he had covered a decent amount of ground yet that unease still twisted within his gut. The small feline had yet to find a place of his own though he was sure that it'd come to him once he was more comfortable and situated into this new place. His mind began to drift away with his thoughts, he would pace back and forth unsure of what his next move should be. "Ah... Think... What do I do next?" He sat down trying to collect all of his thoughts as he lifted a paw to pinch the bridge of his nose, he had put himself into this situation... He would have to get himself out. It had been foolish but his actions were out of good intentions, his younger cousin and brother would be safe... Whilst the soldiers searched for him, this thought alone did unnerve him but grabbing on his satchel and putting it on. He made his way down the beach glancing over at the ocean and unable to help but smile at the moons reflection upon the ocean. "Absolutely lovely."

He was almost lost in thought until the smell of smoke brushed against his nose and made him wince briefly, a frown forming itself on his maw but he only knew of a single individual whom had a cigarette when he had joined. The feline stopped walking in that moment debating if he should go any farther or possibly head in the other direction, lifting his nose to the air would he take note that his heavy aroma of lavender and honey probably caught wind to the wolf. With a sigh leaving slightly parted jaws, Win decided that he might as well make sure that the other man wasn't asleep with a cigarette in his jaws and possibly burn himself. When Win finally arrived did he notice that the other was sitting on his haunches, he hesitated for a moment before easing down as he took a few confident but careful steps forward "Hello there, Magnum."

He would give the other a chance to react to his greeting before continuing with a slow nod of his cranium "It is quite late isn't it?" There was a pause as he shifted his gaze away from Magnum only to look out to the ocean and the stars, a purr leaving him "It must be all the thoughts burdening you... I know that's why I can't seem to find any sleep tonight." The smaller creature would wrap his tail around his forepaws neatly only to pull the satchel closer to his side, he knew that he had a few things in there to remind him of home but they were so little in comparison to everything else. He wished he hadn't left Tanglewood since his brother and family was there but... This was for the best. He knew that they would find him eventually and kill him off, Winnie wouldn't want his family to be around for that. He unsheathed a single claw starting to drag it over the sand doodling something small before sweeping sand over it.

He seemed to have a lot more in common with Magnum, Winterhymns recalling someone that he once called a beloved husband yet that same man had the nerve to call him a whore. Oh, how he had been foolish. Just when Win had thought he had found it... He had been horribly wrong yet that was shortlived when his homeland had been destroyed. His "husband" had died that night but it had taken other lives with it, he never tried to dwell on these thoughts as they brought down his mood but it had proven difficult considering that one of his younger cousin's could've likely had the same fate as him. He had intervened when Eternalknight had consulted with him, Winterhymns could recall the mixed emotions that had pulsates through his body that night... How he told Eternalknight to take away the girl to somewhere safe and he would follow. He did end up following but only after his petite paws dripped with crimson.

His gaze was distant for a moment and he shuddered only to say with a soft mew "Ah, it's rather chilly tonight... Isn't it?" Winter would reach into his satchel and getting a grip of his scarf which he pulled out slowly before flinching realizing that his knife had slid out. He didn't bother with it until he had wrapped himself with the scarf did he pick it up looking at his family crest that was carved into the gold, a small frown on his maw only to slip it back into his satchel without much of a word. He just hoped that he hadn't startled Magnum with it, Win had no intentions of killing anyone or any thoughts like that anymore. Now, that he was safe within Palm Glades.

For now.

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - magnum - - 01-28-2021

MAGNUM DAISUKE
His best sense was that if smell, though the thick stench of the tobacco did often make it harder for him to pick things up, he could smell a sweet scents that sent his ears twitching for any sort sound alerting him of the familiar scent he had been introduced to that very morning. A certain.....Pendragon that left a sweet taste in his mouth when he had muttered it back to himself when they parted ways to go explore the territory in their own ways. The wolf was left smiling all day and had even cut back on his cigarettes in favor of keeping his mind on softer things and helping out around the camp however he could today. ‘Today is a pretty good day.’ He would tell himself occasionally as he even gathered a few lavender flowers he had found at the edge of the twisted forest that he had placed in a small glass jar in his den. 

Magnum listened to the shift of sand underneath Winter’s soft paws, his form getting closer before stopping briefly. He had almost turned to look at the feline before a larger step was taken and a greeting broke the gentle silence between them. “Hey there, Winter.” His voice was much more warm and inviting than his stoic nature this morning, but he still held his gaze on the ocean for a while longer until more words came from the smaller man. “It’s early morning now, I’m pretty sure. The coldest part of the night and all that.” A brief chuckle passed through his teeth as he blew another puff of smoke away from Winter before dropping the butt and smother some sand over it. “I don’t litter, by the way. I pick it up and throw them away at home.” Magnum wasn’t sure why he felt the need to say it, but he grew hot at his awkwardness while shifting the sand with his own claws.

Dark grey eyes flicked down at the prince as he looked to the sea and spoke so softly and let out a purr that made a chill run up his spine. “You could say that. Though, I don’t see how a pretty face like yourself could have enough burdens to keep you up this late. Even with the scars.” Magnum would hum before he watched a bit of seafoam graze his paws, hoping his comment on his cute face or scars weren’t taken the wrong way or even worse, would ruin his chances of getting to stay in the presence of this unique soul. It did make him wonder just what was on his mind though, given it was his own heartache and treacherous acts that usually kept him from getting a good night’s rest most of the time. Were they more similar than it seemed? It was hard for him to believe, but he was willing to listen to whatever came out of that mouth of his.

Sorry if it seems strange to be telling you this, but you seem like....” Magnum wasn’t sure if he was someone he could trust and that made his jaw clamp up briefly, searching and combing over his form with his eyes anxiously as this person he had met just today was getting to hear more about his life than Rhinestone or any other member that had known him at least a little longer than Winter was about to hear. “....like a good guy. But, I kinda arrived here in the twisted forest and without a clue as to how I got here. Last thing I remember was looking for a friend of mine and then...” His paw went to the bandage on his side, no longer stained with blood and much less pain when he layed down at night. “Pain. A fuckton of it.” The wolf’s voice grew low, his eyes narrowing behind his mess of hair and hat before a loud sigh passed through him.

Magnum regained his composure, tilting his hat up and revealing an eye to the feline as he looked to those bright purple orbs and the shudder of his form. Damn, he was cold. Subconsciously, his body had moved and inch or two closer to Winter’s and his paw was raised to place it around him until he followed his movements to get the scarf from his satchel. Magnum’s paw was quickly placed back onto the sand below and finally noticing the fancy, gold dagger that appeared to have slipped out with the fabric of the scarf. He squinted at the emblem on it before it was scooped up and inspeacted by Winter before being placed back within the bag for safe keeping. “That some sort of heirloom? Or just a treasure you found? I-I have a crown back at my place if you, er, wanted to go over there and see it now or another time.” He blinked a few times at his stutter, something he almost never did in front of anyone besides his old partner.

What was this guy doing to him to make him act like this?

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - WINTERHYMNS P. - 01-28-2021

Winterhymns had been grateful to everyone warmly welcoming him when he had arrived at the Palm Glades and the way Magnum had greeted him stood out most to him seeing as the other greeted in a rather stoic manner but it was completely understandable given the fact he was a mere stranger to those there. Had he known of the impact that he had already made on Magnum, the prince would've found himself rather flustered and amused by what the lupine was doing. Win hadn't done anything different in turn though whenever he caught wind of the smell of smoke, he knew that it was simply Magnum and that brought comfort knowing that it wasn't a fire. The thought of fire being anywhere near himself or anyone here put him at unease especially when he tried to suppress the memories that usually revolved around flames.

When the other spoke, it was a much warmer and inviting tone than the one from that morning when the both of them had first met one another. It caused his ears to twitch lightly and a smile forming itself on his maw, the prince unable to stifle a chuckle as the wolf commented on how it was early morning now "It is isn't it? I can hardly keep track of time whenever I decide to stay up." And it was beginning to get rather chilly, even his thick fluffy coat was currently standing the cold a bit of it was slipping through and nipping at his skin. Another cloud of smoke was blown in the other direction and the small feline was thankful for that though he didn't expect the other to drop it only to put it out. Winter watched that moment and Magnum seemed to have taken note of that because the next words that slipped out his jaws made Winter fall silent only to start to laugh quietly in amusement "Well, I'm glad to hear that you don't litter then, sir Daisuke." He stopped laughing as he brushed down the fur on his chest wearing a pleasant smile on his face.

But suddenly when the other called him pretty, it made Winter tense up for a moment feeling his face beginning to grow hot and his tail would slowly fluff up. Although, the reaction faded away slowly at the mention of scars... Winterhymns wasn't proud of the scars that was scattered on his face and body, he wished that he didn't have them to begin with though he brushed the memories that came with the scars away knowing that he didn't wish to dwell on it even if his smile faltered in that moment. "Why thank you for thinking I have such a pretty face, Magnum." He finally said with a softer smile on his maw as another fit of soft purrs began to leave him. There was a few moments of silence as he glanced up to the skies with a tilt of his head only to shift his gaze over to Magnum, tail flicking back and forth until he spoke "Although, I could ask you the same... Handsome." It was only fair if he returned the compliment, was it not? Winterhymns usually wasn't one to smooth talk others but... There was a first for everything.

He'd let that sink in as he turned back to look back at the ocean, he enjoyed the sight and it was rather lovely. He loved it... It reminded him about those nights that he'd often go out in the middle of the night to stare up at the moon and hum quietly to himself with tail wrapped around his belly... He was pulled out of his memory when Magnum began to speak to again, Win found a frown on his maw listening to what the lupine told him about how he had arrived at the Twisted Forest and had only felt pain afterwards. His lavender eyes shone with worry and some concern only to say scooting up a bit closer "Well... You seem like a good man too, Magnum... I'm sure that you'll find your friend of yours soon enough." He paused for a moment continuing to say with a slow nod using a small paw to place onto the wolf's larger one "After all... Good things eventually come to someone's life... And I'm sure that will happen soon enough for you." The prince said in a gentle murmur as a soft smile sat upon his lips.

His paw having moved away to pick up the blade and it wasn't until the smell of smoke got closer that the fur on his spine began to go up. It took a moment for Winter to realize that Magnum had scooted a lot closer to him, he caught the movement of the wolf's paw from the corner of his eye and he decided to spare the other from more embarrassment though a soft giggle escaped him. A soft flutter stirring in his chest, his face growing warmer though he took in a sharp breath to regain his calm composure. "In a way it is. It was made for me and it has my family's crest engraved into it. I don't often pull it out though since I don't want to get any bad impressions-" The prince stopped speaking when Magnum mentioned having a crown of his own and inviting Winter to go see it now or possibly another time. The mention of a crown made him hold onto his satchel tightly knowing that his own crown was sitting there wrapped in a soft cloth, regardless, Win would find a shy smile on his maw "I'd love to see it," He stopped for a moment only to add in a quieter voice "If you don't mind, of course."

It was odd... Feeling the way he did right now.

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - magnum - - 01-31-2021

MAGNUM DAISUKE
Magnum was, to put it bluntly, quite the addict to cigarettes unfortunately. Perhaps it was to calm his frayed nerves or maybe it was just an oral fixation where he had to have something between his teeth or hung loosely on his lips as he spoke. He remembered as a child, having had sucker sticks in his mouth long after the sucker was gone and chewing at the ends when things started to stress the pup out. But, if he was to find out of the handsome prince’s feelings on fire, it wouldn't be too hard for the wolf to hold off on the death sticks while in his company. Not to mention it would make the small feline to lose the sweet scent that continued to hang heavily in his mouth and almost make him salivate if he paid to close attention to it.

Magnum’s eyes set on Winter as a chuckle sounded and danced right through his ears, his heart giving a few brief, but powerful thuds against his ribs. “ I could barely tell, honestly. But hey, I understand since the night all tends to kinda blur together. ” His maw curled with an amused grin and his hair parted just enough to get a glimpse of one of his eyes that offered up a half-lidded gaze down upon the prince as yet another amused sound rose from the other male’s chest, though much more controlled and polite than the last. Even he let out a low rumble of a laugh at the situation he had placed himself in with a cat he had met just the previous morning. “Hey now, no need to call me ‘Sir Daisuke’. Sure, I feel pretty fancy, but just Mag would be fine. If you’re comfortable with it, that is. ” He wondered if things were going a little fast, worry hanging like a most in his mind despite another part having an odd desire for....more.

The wolf watched the small body next to him tense up and the barely noticeable fluff of his tail at his admission of thinking he was cute, but at the mention of the scars, it didn't seem to land quite as well and a mental note was made to maybe not mention the presence of his many scars, even if he did find them attractive. Even with the mention, he was still given a soft thanks and he gave a gentle dip of his head before watching his gaze return to the sea. Magnum however, kept his watch over Winter without much thought until the prince turned to face him once again. “Although I could ask you the same thing...Handsome.” If he had had his cigarette still in his mouth, it would’ve dropped right then as his mouth slightly parted before clamping shut for a moment and muttering a quick and soft response. “ You don’t need to say I’m handsome because I complimented ya. But, thank you... ” His body radiated with heat in that moment, which was even more confusing since he was usually the one to have that effect and not him in the slightest.

After having admit that rather intimate feeling and the his voice giving off just how much he missed his friend....even if there was a weird melting pot of feelings that constantly churned everytime me thought of the other feline in his life. But, these thoughts all seemed to melt with sight of Winter drawing closer. His breathing hitched and caught in his throat as the petite paw was places on top of his own. “ I think that they al-” Magnum stopped himself there and chose to look down at their paws instead of that powerful, lavender-colored gaze of his. “ I think you’re right. Perhaps coming here was just the start of something better for my life. With or without my friend. ”  His voice grew to it’s softest point in that moment, their stares making it feel like his body was intertwined with his own in that moment as the purrs lulled him into an unknown comfort all the while.

It was almost painful, feeling the smaller paws move away from his own and it nearly felt like a real wound. Instead his eyes could only follow it to the dagger and listen as he spoke of it’s engraving and how he wished to not give a bad impression towards the others. “ Are you kiddin’? I think they’d like to see that stuff around here. I certainly enjoyed the little flare. ” Magnum said with a tilt if his head, though this was cut shortly whenever Win spoke up....saying he’d love to see his crown. Perhaps he was too eager, but his body scrambled up onto all fours and towers even more over the cute male and offered up his paw. “ Well, let me show you my personal collection. There’s more than just the crown, actually! ” He almost sounded like a child in tone, but his heart spoke of more and more with each subtle action.

He was setting himself up for heartbreak or pushing a possible friend away on the first day, but his mind was not thinking. Only his selfish heart.

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - WINTERHYMNS P. - 02-03-2021

Winterhymns often did not think of the overwhelming scent of lavender, mint, and honey that clung to his pelt. It was quite powerful and even with the smoke his own smell still lingered though he probably should cut down on the smell in case someone with a highly sensitive nose began to complain about the aroma that clung to his thick, curly coat constantly. Winter supposed that the smoke clinging to Magnum's fur was rather fitting for his rugged appearance, it was a funny thought that he nudged away with a soft breath leaving him.

"It does often feel like a blur." He agreed with a small nod of his cranium as he continued to listen to the sound of the ocean and the waves, how soothing it was to him. But when the other said that he didn't need to call him sir Daisuke, Win could feel his face beginning to grow hot not realizing that he had seriously said that just now but Magnum would say it was fine that Winnie called him Mag instead of something uncanny like sir Daisuke. A shy smile on his face as he turned to the other saying with a slow nod "Alright, duly noted. I'll remember that... Mag." The flutter of his heart didn't seem to stop there either, he curled his tail closer to himself feeling shy in the presence of the lupine yet he hadn't before. He supposed that things got a lot more intimate when you spoke to someone in private without worrying about anybody else coming across the both of them. Although, he kept his guard up... He still didn't know Magnum completely even if his heart still thumped loudly within his chest.

The wolf's next reaction to being called handsome made Win almost burst out in laughter but he refrained from doing so but he did playfully frown at the other with a small shake of his head "But I sincerely mean it." He began in a somewhat shaky voice before clearing his throat and continuing "You're... A very handsome and rugged man, I just wished to state the facts." He hoped that he wasn't stepping over any boundaries at this rate, he would rather not make the other upset and get growled at for doing so. Although, due to the other's smooth compliments and his own... Win felt the body heat getting worse and was somewhat tempted to fan himself at that point yet he refused to do so in front of the other. Maybe a dip in the ocean would help though he figured it would get rather cold if he had decided to do that. It was probably not the smartest idea to say the least, he lifted a paw to hide his smile as he said with a half closed gaze "Though I'll stop if I am overstepping boundaries."

He held his breath when their paws touched and he'd intently listen to Magnum speak of how he would start something better for himself with or without his friend. It made his folded ears twitch momentarily unable to imagine being without those he cared about but here he was already doing that, a soft breath leaving his maw as he agreed "That's true. I suppose we could both start something with our own lives without certain people. We are pretty capable beings, I'm sure." He mused feeling somewhat saddened by the fact he had to pick up the blade and remove their paws from one another. Winnie tilted his head when he mentioned a flare with the blade and he couldn't help but snort "Well, I'm glad you did but I'd rather not startle the kind folk here quite yet."

When the other scrambled to his paws when he accepted to go see the others crown, it was quite an endearing sight to see the other so excited to share something with him especially given how he was fairly new around Palm Glades. He could feel his pelt starting to rise slightly when the other basically towered over him, his face becoming completely hot but he was snapped back into reality when the other offered out his paw. Maybe it was all going too fast? Win swallowed feeling a lump stuck in his throat, well, he trusted Magnum... Surely, things wouldn't get out of paw, right? They were both grown men. He needn't worry about this so much. Lifting up one of his small paws, he would touch it to the one Magnum had held out to him offering a soft yet shy smile "Lead the way chivalrous knight," He purred quietly.

Everything would be alright, he was certain.

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - magnum - - 02-09-2021

MAGNUM DAISUKE
Handsome and Rugged.

A twitch of the tail and a deep breath revealed he was trying to keep his composure at that comment, a paw reaching up to scratch at his neck the more those words repeated on a seemingly endless loop. Sure, he had heard the very same words from a few other people in his life, but this time it just hit much differently than all those others with just how it seemed genuine with how his voice trembled just trying to express it to him. Magnum felt as if he was a wild fire and he was trying to keep it all contained to his chest, but he knew something was bound to slip tonight. Hopefully it would be after the other male left that he’s be able to yell out these overwhelming feelings into a pillow instead of doing something stupid right here and now on the beach. His head shook slowly, but it was still enough to toss his mane somewhat before speaking, “You’re quite a long way from overstepping your boundaries, don’t worry. I’ve heard some...interesting things said to me.” It was a bit more of an awkward chuckle this time, but he still tried to keep things light.

His thoughts caught up with him, memories of the past and things said between them. How his heart broke with each awkward moment he would only be referred to as a business partner. Or the few times he had “died” and seemingly come back like nothing was wrong. Did his friend even care about how he felt? “Maybe I’d be better just not seeing him again anyways...” His tone shifted as he kept his now narrowed eyes on Winter’s paw on top of his own, closing his eyes momentarily before opening up again and revealing a more pleasant expression in a smile present that even shone through his eyes just at the sight of the paw still present on his paw just for a few moments longer before moving to pick up the blade.

After having scrambled up, Magnum was left to watch the contemplation roll around in Winter’s mind for a while before allowing his tiny paw to return to his own once more before going on their journey to his home. Without thinking, he leaned down and places a kiss on the other’s paw before hauling him up and moving ahead. “As you wish, little prince.” The wolf choked out above his embarrassment of having done that and lead him quickly off to the boardwalk with longer strides than he would normally take in this circumstance, but not fast enough to lose the poor guy he was leading back to his place. It didn't take too long, thankfully, but his paws were shaking all the way there until they came across an abandoned human home. It wasn't much, but it was enough for the wolf to get by with.

Upon creeping in to the home, now almost too aware of how empty it was and the lack of personality overall. It was almost creepy, now that he had to take notice of it with his guest in tow as he lead the feline into his bedroom with a swish of his long tail. “Sorry it’s a little lacking. I didn't think would be staying in the can for very long, so I didn't decorate. Maybe I will soon.... He spoke up as he stopped at a loose floorboard in the corner, pushing it aside to reveal a silver crown set with oval-shaped jade and little star patterns on the silver spaces between them set carefully on a pile of gold coins. His paw carefully scooped it up and set it on the floor before putting the floorboard back in it’s place. “There it is.....a beauty, isn’t she?

Re: DIVE OUT OF NOTHING || winterhymns - WINTERHYMNS P. - 02-12-2021

Winterhymns shuffled his paws shyly unsure if he should say anything else since he was already making a fool of himself in front of Magnum, he held his breath glancing away to look at the ocean. He nibbled at the inside of his left cheek until the silence was broken by Magnum's voice which caused chills to run the felines spine, the heat still present on his face as the lupine stated that he wasn't stepping over boundaries, he was relieved to say the least. The Pendragon blinked his lavender eyes a few times only to answer back with his own shy giggle "Really now? What sorts of interesting things if you don't mind me prying," They seemed comfortable with one another yet if Magnum didn't wish to share then Winnie wouldn't pressure the other into telling him, a soft breath leaving his parted jaws. The nights cool air beginning to nip at his skin and causing the small feline to tremble lightly.

Hearing the others tone shift made the Pendragon grow concerned for the lupine, the man sounded helpful before but now he said it in such a tone that made him sound bitter and uncaring. Winnie held his breath remembering he had said similar along those lines once but it had been a long time ago when he lived far away from the groups, it had been a conversation with his brother. His best friend for life. A small frown on his maw though he didn't think much about it especially when he turned to face Magnum again seeing the pleasant expression that the wolf seemed to have despite moments ago. "Sometimes, we're better off not seeing some people again... Really," He said with a shrug of his shoulders offering a genuine smile still feeling his face warm with his timid demeanor. Why was he acting this way?

Finally, he had calmed down from this sudden strong feelings and he had been playful towards the other bestowing them the title of chivalrous knight. What he hadn't expected was for the wolf to lower his head and place a kiss on his smaller paw that the other held, the emotions that had settled down at last now spiking up immediately at this gesture. The sound of his heart thumping rapidly and loudly within his chest resonating through his ears, he let out a soft squeak unsure of what to say or do. He used his other paw to cover his mouth hoping that the other hadn't heard the noise he had just let out... How embarrassing.

Although, he wasn't given much of a chance to "recover" as Magnum began to lead Win to his home. Magnum taking long strides and Win tried to keep up with his own shorter legs, it wasn't long until the both of them reached a house that looked like no one lived in it. It made Win hesitant for a moment but he decided that he was already too far into the pit he had dug himself to escape now. Winter supposed that he wouldn't say anything so he didn't come off as rude, he listened to the other explain why the house was so empty and Winnie spoke up with a light smile "I can help with decorating if need be, I wouldn't mind lending a paw." He offered only to feel his body growing hot when he realized where they were. Ah, it was the bedroom.

He decided to ignore the setting at the time being given that Magnum was more invested on showing Winnie a crown of some sorts. His head tilting to the side as the other picked at a loose floorboard, he noticed something else was there but he didn't get much of a glimpse before Magnum turned over to him with the crown. A small smile appearing on his maw as he looked over the crown with a soft gaze before finally speaking "It is a very lovely crown, Magnum." Winnie took in a deep breath almost tempted to show his own crown but decided against it for now, he felt himself beginning to relax in the presence of the other even if the subtle flutter in his chest did not stop. "I'm sure you look very nice in a crown," He breathed out timidly with his paws shuffling nervously as he sat there.