Beasts of Beyond
tell me no lies × dissection - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: tell me no lies × dissection (/showthread.php?tid=13896)

tell me no lies × dissection - morbidrealities - 01-24-2021

morbidkit
I'M JUST A LITTLE STRANGE
and a bit deranged
TW: GORE

Morbi had a particular love for anatomy. She rather enjoyed studying the inner workings of the world around her, and while science in general seemed to captivate her interest, her focus seemed to primarily remain on tearing open creatures to get a look at their organs. She had torn open squirrels, birds, rabbits. However, one thing she had yet to learn anything about, the one thing she didn't have diagrams and notes of in her stacks of research journals, was a creature such as herself.

Now, obviously the child was not going to tear herself open. She was altogether too proud and conceited to off herself, even if it was in the name of science. No, she had instead bribed an older npc member to kidnap an npc feline from a different clan and bring it to her.

The feline was strapped down, limbs tied to the ground and stomach exposed. Morbi's surgical tools lay spread out on a cloth next to her, with several jars stacked behind her to contain any organs she felt like keeping. Her first cut was delicate, a straight line down the center of the stomach starting between the ribcage.
easy | 4 months | the coaliton
© madi

Re: tell me no lies × dissection - Byriath - 01-25-2021

[align=center]
Only thing they fear is YOU -

Anatomy. Byriath never truly cared for it. It was an interesting study and Crymethera tended to ramble off about such things like the skull structure and spine. But aside from that, the fallen god didn't pay attention to those things.

The Xenosmilus caught sight of Morbi and her.. subject? Experiment? He rumbled and shrugged away the thought, smoothly walking over to her. 'What is it that you are doing, small one?' He reached out to her mind and spoke within it, sitting down to the side to watch her work.

[align=center]"Speech" 'Telepathy'
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: tell me no lies × dissection - ninazu - 01-27-2021

BURN
BRIGHT
“Ah, taken up studying anatomy as a hobby? It’s a fascinating subject. Let me know if you need reference books on the matter.”

Ninazu padded over with a crinkle on her muzzle. It’d been a while since she smelled real decay—even the Condemned’s conquest hadn’t left too many bodies lying around—and even long since she’d seen anyone with surgical tools. Of course, she’d done similar things, herself, during her erudite days in the Pitt… she smirked at the fond memories, but her nose crinkled further. She didn’t miss the smell.

“Word of advice: take care not to puncture the intestinal tract or, really, any part of the digestive system. It’ll stink.” Ninazu huffed, and sent the memories of accidental scalpels’ slips from her mind.

The snow leopard sat down next to the xenosmilus, nodding to Byriath. Then her pupil-less eyes drifted back to Mori, as she added, “I hope you don’t mind an audience. I need a small break from all the organizing shit of being a leader, you know?”
© MADI

Re: tell me no lies × dissection - morbidrealities - 01-27-2021

morbidkit
I'M JUST A LITTLE STRANGE
and a bit deranged
Morbi smiled tensely at Byriath. "A dissection. I'm learning more about feline anatomy." she responded. The girl waved a paw at her open notebook, where a blank diagram of a feline sat. A pencil lay beside it, obvious signs of the feline taking notes as she worked. "I can teach you."

Her eyes fixated on Ninazu next, nodding appreciatively. "I will always accept new books on just about any area of scientific study, including but not limited to anatomy." she agreed. Morbi turned her focus back to her subject, using a pair of clamps to pry open the incision in order to better access the organs. Once she had a clear view, Morbidkit began sketching the organs into place on the diagram. "Hmmm." There was a kidney missing. Her silver gaze flicked up to the npc who had captured her subject for her. "Next time, search for evidence of previous operations. This one is damaged."

easy | 4 months | the coaliton
© madi

Re: tell me no lies × dissection - ninazu - 01-27-2021

BURN
BRIGHT
Ninazu picked at her teeth with a claw, inhaling the scent of decay. She’d already forgotten about the funk; it seemed a morbid curiosity never truly went away, even when she’d long since lost the time for experiments. Her ears twitched; so she had a taker for some of those dusty things. “I might drop off some for you later, then. Might as well ensure someone gets use out of them.”

The snow leopard leaned forward, her fluffy tail wrapping around her paws. “Hmm, are there any surgical marks? It’s uncommon, but kidneys are more or less… well, more or less. Your patient could simply have been born with one less.” She shrugged; she’d seen stranger things hanging out inside people’s chest cavities, including an odd gemlike organ or two… with the strange oddities of animals around, one less kidney wasn’t exceptionally unusual of a genetic oops.
© MADI

Re: tell me no lies × dissection - Byriath - 01-28-2021

[align=center]
Only thing they fear is YOU -

Byriath wrinkled his nose from under his mask. 'I have no use for anatomy, but I must stay it is interesting.' He only saw organs when he ripped them out of others or saw the dead after a war, so it meant nothing.

With a grunt, he looked away. 'I've not a problem fetching a body or two, I can try my best to keep organs and bones intact.' He looked back but his body moved stiffly. He wasn't the most clean when handing the dead, he usually chopped heads off or clawed hearts out.

[align=center]"Speech" 'Telepathy'
[sub][W]isker[/sub]