Beasts of Beyond
LIGHT A ROMAN CANDLE WITH ME - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: LIGHT A ROMAN CANDLE WITH ME (/showthread.php?tid=13887)

LIGHT A ROMAN CANDLE WITH ME - bubblegum - 01-22-2021

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
Technically it was no longer the female's birthday, given she'd been in Tanglewood the day of, but the tigress didn't plan on using that as an excuse to not get the other anything. A lot has happened since the two had wrote letters to one another, spent their time together in the swamp, since they'd started to admit something they couldn't quite deny. Their seeds had been planted, and while one's flower had been damaged beyond repair, the two still prevailed, managed to find a bloom blossom together despite it. The tigress had met many faces, spoke to many individuals, and watched many different reactions to the news of her lost memory. She'd many different familiarities, feelings she'd discover simply from speaking to others, things she could taste but not quite grasp, but how she'd felt towards Sophiea was certainly different than any other she'd found. The overwhelming hidden guilt wasn't present when she spoke to the other. It was easy to be whoever she was in the present moment.

If Goldie had been asked before, how she felt about love, how it felt, she would have given a very blunt reply. It gave purpose, relief, and a warmth that could not be replicated, but it also brought terror, and tragedy, one that couldn't be fixed. Though they shared a kiss, and mutual feelings, the female had still been horrified to realize the feeling, even if she'd not quite gotten the chance to properly speak about it before the associations of it all had been taken away, all at once. It was a blessing in disguise for this reason, that this did happen. It was likely that otherwise, the heartbreak would have held the other back too much, that she wouldn't have been able to bring herself to get closer despite any other desires. But the memory was gone, and all that was left were stories, and a faint tragedy, a faint dread she didn't know how to describe nor did she have to focus on. Now, all she had to worry over was whether or not the feline would like the present she'd set up for her, that she was okay to feel the way she did, that the other reciprocated the care.

She could only hope the female did, given she seemed interested in at least spending time with the tigress. Goldie couldn't deny the feelings had been brought on from memories she couldn't remember, from someone she'd used to be, and, well, from the other's overall appearance. Perhaps it was a shallow reasoning, overall, to love someone based off things you couldn't really explain, but it'd grown beyond, and she would not let go of it, not run from it. How exactly she could manage to illustrate her feelings, she didn't know, but she decided she would simply keeping doing it as she'd done before. Simply show her love in her own way.

The female had been fortunate that Diya owned such a set, otherwise she wasn't quite sure how she'd be able to repay whoever ended up having one she'd take. Not everyone was interested in receiving payments of paintings in trade, and while she was certain she'd a large supply of treasures in both the captain's quarters and her old hut, she wasn't sure she was quite ready to try and approach either any time soon to figure out what of value she owned. Thankfully, however, she hadn't needed to look far, and she was able to get a tea set she thought was quite beautiful, personally. And so, the female had been setting it up that afternoon, quietly humming to herself within the hut Sophiea had chosen for herself. The other should be coming back soon, and so she wanted her to be able to walk in to everything already ready to go.

Unfortunately, the tigress wasn't certain on how to make tea, and she didn't want to make it by herself in fear of her head acting up and her potentially burning herself or spilling it in the process, so instead she went for the next best thing: apple juice. It wasn't traditional by any means, but it at least tasted nice, and was personalized in the sense that it was something Goldie liked a lot. Once she'd filled the tea kettle with it, she would take it over to the table, setting out two cups on their respective plate holders and carefully fill them with the juice. She decided to place a hibiscus flower in the center of it as a finishing touch, then would move herself over to a chair to sit and wait for the other to arrive home. Perhaps she'd read a book while she waited, if it took too long.

[member=16079]S. PENDRAGON[/member]

Re: LIGHT A ROMAN CANDLE WITH ME - S. PENDRAGON - 01-22-2021

Sophiea had spent her birthday over in Tanglewood seeing it had been her first home and her cousin was there, she didn't wish to make the trip to the Typhoon that say especially after being drained from the past issues from the last few days. She had spent the day in the most relaxed matter that she could, Eternalknight having borrowed a tea set so the British woman could actually have her morning tea. It was shortlived bliss seeing as it was borrowed but it had been enough to make her feel better and not as angry. It made her happy and well, that was something she didn't feel as much whenever she rose from her slumber waking up to Tanglewood each morning. Sophiea was homesick, she missed her younger siblings, she missed her grandparents but most of all... She missed her kingdom and all the people that had lived there. Tanglewood might have began to slowly fill that hole in her heart but it wasn't enough, she was uncertain if she'd ever find a place to call her own. Maybe she was overthinking it.

"You always seem to do that you daft fool," She mumbled to herself with a frown pulling down at the sides of her mouth, Sophiea tried not to think much about it given the fact that these people living within the swamp were slowly getting accustomed to her. Would it be selfish if she went back home without a word to Eternalknight? She grew irritable at her own thoughts as she slipped her satchel over her body before glancing at the family crest that clung to the bag. Her eyes softening for a moment "This could become home over time..." She sighed out with a shake of her head and walked out of her home already having a few Tanglers greeting her, Sophiea only offering a wave of her wing not bothering to stop for pleasantries. She was already making her way to the entrance of the town when a few children tumbled in front of her, her ears pressing flat against her skull. "Careful," Was all the British woman would say as she walked around them with a small wiggle of her small tail.

As much as she would've loved to stick around the swamp that was seemingly flooded with new children, Sophiea chose to go to the Typhoon where she could probably have space to breathe. Maybe she would see a few new faces and actually introduce herself to the pirates, Sophiea had no interest in any of them aside from a select few but, if she was going to have some sort of dual allaince there... Then she would have to present herself, right? Her thoughts cluttered in her mind as her walking would grow faster and it wasn't long before she was out of the swamp, a faint smile forming itself onto her maw. "Oh, that would be rich coming from you." She mused with a shake of her cranium until the sound of a shriek from above caught her attention, Archimedes flying above her head, and it was comforting in a sense even if it felt a bit bad that the owl never did stay with her cousin. Nonetheless, she did not mind the presence of her screech owl even if she did envy the fact that he could fly and she couldn't. "One day," She said in a determined voice, Stryker might have taken her flight but it hadn't beaten her spirit.

Soon enough, the winged woman reached the gates of the Typhoon and grimaced at the sight of Stryker's head "Arsehole." Sophiea would hiss at him half tempted to swat at the decapitated lion's face but that probably wouldn't be the best idea, she was sure that the newest Captain wouldn't enjoy her trophy being ruined. Shaking out her coat, Sophiea let out a snort already making a beeline for her home only to see a few pirates beginning to greet her. She was tempted to give them the same dismissive behavior she had done over in Tanglewood but she would say with a slow nod "Afternoon," Once she arrived at her home, she began the process of shaking the sand off of her paws watching as Archimedes flew on top of the house and resting on his perch. Sophiea found an expression of amusement on her face for a moment only to open the door of her home setting the satchel next to the entrance, when her head rose was she almost taken back by the sight of Goldenluxury.

Her fur fluffing up momentarily before she would ease it down with a paw feeling her face beginning to grow warm "Ah hello, miss Roux. I didn't see you there... I just about startled myself," A quiet chuckle leaving her as she approached with her eyes fixated onto Goldie but when she moved them away from the tigress did her gaze lock onto the tea set. The once quiet flutters of her heart now thumping loudly in her ears, her pupils beginning to grow large at the gorgeous set. She might have borrowed it, I'm sure, Sophiea thought with her ears pressing against her skull. "Ah, this is a rather lovely set that you've borrowed." She sat across the other on the chair, a shy smile appearing on her maw. Her ears perked up realizing that there was actually some liquid within the small teacup that was for her and for a moment, she was convinced that it was tea until the aroma of apple juice brushed against her nose. Her smile becoming moreso amused by the second, Sophiea lifted her cup nodding slowly to the former captain "Cheers, I suppose."

After taking a sip from her apple juice, the British woman cleared her throat unsure of what else to say at the moment. All that she was able to feel or think was how strong the tigress was and how breathtaking she was though Sophiea didn't wish to overwhelm her. It would be selfish of her. Even if her heart faced and her stomach would flip whenever Goldie was around. Sophiea hadn't even considered this scenario being for her birthday, she normally just spent it like any other day except she was alone for the most part on her day. Even Averill and her other younger siblings were usually chased off on her birthday, Sophiea could always recall Eternalknight telling them that he'd show them how to properly hold a sword. It was just a day to her anyways... Even if it meant something else to any other person if they were asked.

Once she realized that she had gotten lost in her own thought, Sophiea would clear her throat a second time deciding that it would be best to apologize to her guest "I apologize for my silence, Goldie... I sincerely appreciate this. It was very thoughtful and considerate of you." She placed the teacup down carefully onto its plate unable to push the amused smile on her face "I enjoyed the apple juice, it definitely is sweet and a nice break from tea... Every now and then," A soft purr slipping from the smaller feline as she adjusted the ribbon that was wrapped around her throat, her ears lowering themselves in a shy manner. Sophiea wished to express and say more but... She had to remind herself that Goldenluxury recovering and the last thing that the British woman wanted to do was spill her feelings out only to possibly overwhelm Goldie. Especially when the tigress was trying to situate herself back into a life of someone who was a mighty captain and despite her being different from her old self. Sophiea saw no change, she had not been broken when learning Goldie had lost her memories. That was still Goldenluxury Roux.

This was still the woman that she had fallen for.

Re: LIGHT A ROMAN CANDLE WITH ME - bubblegum - 01-24-2021

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
Thankfully, it would seem the female wouldn't need to wait very long for the other to indeed arrive. Her head turns towards the other, paws tapping the bottom of the seat quietly, in an almost excited manner. A smile forms on her features, the same goofy one she'd hold whenever she saw the other.

Even if her memories had not been gone, Goldie wouldn't be too sure how a birthday party was actually supposed to work. The female may have been in charge of throwing events in the past, but she'd never thrown a proper party for herself on her birthday - the closest would have been this previous one, in Tanglewood, recovering from her time in the bunker. However, she didn't remember it anyways, and the best the former captain could do now is simply ask others what the standard procedure is to get an idea. She wasn't sure Sophiea would be much into party hats, big invitations, or the like, especially since a majority of her friends and family were still over in Tanglewood, so instead she settled for simply spending the time with her, and getting her a nice present (which she'd had probably done regardless, but this was still a good excuse).

"Did you have a nice birthday, Sophie?" she asked lightly in a curious tone, tail twitching. She'd hope the answer would be yes, but if it wasn't, then Goldie could at least offer a nice time after the fact. She was curious what it was like over in Tanglewood, sort of wishing she could have gone to see it herself, maybe celebrate with the rest of Sophiea's family and friends, since she knew the majority would be over there, considering that was her original group. But, she could hardly manage a quick walk without getting nervous, so she couldn't even imagine what moving between Tanglewood and the Typhoon would be like at the moment. Hopefully soon, again, she could see what their swamp was all about once more. In the meantime, she was happy she could spend the time she did with her friend.

Gently her head would bop a little back and forth, side to side, a silent dance to herself as she watches the other. Her ears twitch at her words, letting the other speak in full before preparing in responses from herself. "Don' worry, sometimes it's just nice t' sit in silence, too, enjoyin' each other's company. N' if you wanna do that, we can. Or I can go, if you'd rather, I don' mind." The female reassures with a nod, her posture shifting as she leans further in her seat. She would rather not leave, but considering this was technically Sophiea's home, the female wasn't about to force the other to stay with her if she wasn't in the mood.

Goldie gives a small giggle towards the cups of apple juice. "I wasn' sure how t' make tea, n' I didn' wanna accidentally make a mess if I screwed up, so I thought...what's the next best thing? N' that was apple juice, o' course." She explains, her smile turning almost a little embarrassed for a moment. But, it was only for a moment, and she thought her conclusion worked well enough for its purpose. And, at least Sophiea seemed to take it well enough.

With that, the female would get up from her seat, walking over next to Sophiea's own. Her eyes are locked on the tea set itself currently, going over that this was her proper gift. "Oh, n' is' not borrowed - I got it for you, if you'd like t' keep it. I dunno what your old set was like, but I was hopin' this one would be just as nice." She then would bring up a paw to the cup to gesture towards its design. "I was lookin' 'round for a nice set for you, saw this one, n' thought it would fit you. The flowers made me think o' you, n' the gold...it's kinda like me!" Her paw gently traces the painted flowers until it reached the bottom golden rim of the cup. She then puts her paw back on the ground, looking back towards Sophiea with a warm smile.