Beasts of Beyond
Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend (/showthread.php?tid=13770)

Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - SirDio - 01-12-2021

Her house was situated neatly at the bay, a little paradise for the country girl. Her garden wasn't as grand and glorious as Xho's, which was starting to thrive with time, but it was homely and held some small flowers and herbs for cooking. It was apparently also a hot spot for birds, seeing as she had many feathery visitors from day to day. Colorful and pretty, especially a Violet Sabrewing that always hung on her window sill of her single-story home.

As the sun hung high in the sky she sat outside on her porch, whistling gently. To her surprise, a whistle returned to her. Turning her gaze toward her side yard garden, she marveled at the violet bird that sat on her railing, looking at her expectingly. She whistled gently and it sang back for a moment, before flapping its wings wildly.

"Howdy there, little bird. You're so pretty, you know?"

"Speech"

Re: Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - michael t. - 01-13-2021

Michael knew a thing or two about pets, or companions. He had an entire flock of his own, mainly consisting of the rats that he loved just as much as his own children. However, that flock did include the moths that Trevor seemed so fond of, even if the bobcat would never understand his husband's like for them. Either way, Michael had a certain affinity for smaller companion animals – or even larger ones, even though Kal still scared the shit out of him sometimes. It was because of this affinity that the dealer found himself fascinated, having spotted the tiny violet bird that seemed to be cheerfully interacting with Magnolia. He decided to redirect his walk on the beach for the moment, making his way over with his little stub of a tail twitching behind him. He waved a paw up at Magnis, a smile on his muzzle, "I see you've got yourself a little friend there, Magnis. It your pet, or just a visitor?" Michael wasn't sure he'd be able to stand it if any of his little rat companions were just visitors – he enjoyed their constant chattering presence throughout his home far too much.

Re: Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - Keona. - 01-13-2021

[table][tr][td]
keona sibéal ní faoláin.
the typhoon.
the blind dealer.
information.
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2a4971; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; letter-spacing: 2px;"]Idir brí is idir muir, Tá mé i dtiúin
Companions.  The tiny wildcat had none.  Not for any particular reason.  She had simply failed to create such an attachment or bond to a creature in that way.  No cause to.  Preferred being relatively solitary.

Her cousin had a raven friend.  Companion.  Suvi would never call him a pet.  Found that somehow... Demeaning, and the dealer could understand that although she personally called him a nuisance herself... Though... He had helped guide her back to the Typhoon, when the Coalition had ambushed them at Tanglewood's border.  He was still a tricky little prankster.  Loud too.

Where he fluttered off to, she didn't know.  Nor cared to find out.  Instead, her rounded ears perked as she was passing Magnolia by, catching the gentle bird song.  A bird that replied.  She hummed softly as she paused, tail flicking to and fro as Michael made his inquiry.

"What type of bird is it?"
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - SirDio - 01-13-2021

Magnolia turned her gaze to Michael and Keona, giving Michael a wave. "Howdy!" The sabrewing chirped greedily, wanting to be pet or fed, she wasn't sure. "I tend to get birds visiting my place every now and then - this guy is a frequent."

She turned to the bird and looked at it closely, then smiled. "I think he's a Violet Sabrewing - and a very noisy one at that - I don't have any scraps for you, man." The sabrewing chirped angrily.

"Speech"

Re: Nothin' in this world is free - Bird friend - michael t. - 01-14-2021

Michael didn't really know much about many species of birds, truthfully. He only really knew that some of them sang rather pretty tunes, and that feeding them bread was actually pretty bad for them. Beyond that, the scope of his knowledge was pretty much none. So, he silently filed away the fact that Magnis's little visitor was a violet sabrewing, as overly impressive as that sounded for such a tiny bird. Curiously, the darkly colored bobcat held out one of his paws, wondering if the avian would dare to come and land on him. Probably not, since he didn't seem to have the natural aptitude that Magnolia did for this. Either way, he waited patiently as he muttered to the other, "I guess... I guess you could say he's a frequent flyer around your place, eh?" Despite the shit eating grin that came to his muzzle after that, the dealer knew he had just made an absolutely terrible joke. He truly was a dad now.