Beasts of Beyond
merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs (/showthread.php?tid=13537)

merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - rhosmari - 12-21-2020

His task for the winter times had been to make fancy hot chocolate.  Personally he knew how to make it but to make it fancy he decided to think on it for a while. He wanted it to be perfect and also something everyone could enjoy. So he had gone out, taking his time as his body still had aches and his wounds were still scabbing and healing as well. His small travel had allowed for him to gather the necessary ingredients and it wasn't that hard to begin the process of melting chocolate. Water moved around his form in flowing strains before coming together and solidifying into hard ice semicircular molds. He used these to put tbe melted chocolate into and it helped to set it up faster. His paws moved carefully, using the white chocolate to do the same. After that was done he unmolded the halves and put the cocoa powers and marshmallows in one half, some with peppermint and some with mint as well before he topped it with another half chocolate shell that he closed to seems on.

When he was done he had about twelve chocolate bombs and twelve white chocolate bombs. The hybrid was satisfied with this and he figured he would use this opportunity to actually meet the creatures that saved him. Despite his grief and guilt he had to press on right? A sigh left his throat as he settled before his concoctions with steaming mugs of milk hosted on a tray. "Hey everyone, I made you guys some fancy hot chocolate. Flavors are a mystery, you just drop the chocolate balls into the milk and watch them melt. The stuff inside will make your hot chocolate. I just made peppermint and mint flavors but some are regular." The bioluminescent creature paused after that before looking down at his paws. Well nothing like the present then. "My name's Sorbet also."
[table][tr][td]
[Image: e0934557b53a61d89dd9702007efc443f324a653_00.gif]
[/td][td]
How, how much to light up my star again and rewire all my thoughts? Oh baby, won't you remind me what I am? And break, break my little cold heart. I'm living someone else's life. Suppressing who I was inside. I don't know if I can be alone again. I don't know if I can sleep alone again.

Sorbet Monroe Roux
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - RHINESTONE. - 12-23-2020

RHINESTONESTAR ❝ RHINE ❞ LEGATE
"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
Truthfully, when Rhinestone often thought about powers such as elementals, he only saw them in a combative light. He never thought of them as otherwise useful tools that would allow one to pull off things like this. Of course, Sorbet was now around to prove him wrong, since the legate wasn't sure that such creations would've been possible if not for the use of elementals. The serval's dark eyes were lit up with interest as he heard Sorbet's call, his short tail twisting and flicking as he moved towards the direction of Sorbet's voice. He looked over the little "bombs" for a moment before he lifted his head, waving a paw towards Sorbet before he purred, "Hello there, Sorbet. I was around for your 'joining,' technically, but I don't think you'd remember, considering you were pretty thoroughly passed out. My name is Rhinestonestar, and I'm the legate of this place... nice to see you settling in well." He placed one dark blue paw onto the small "bombs," as if trying to figure out which was which just from touch alone.

Eventually, the leader decided to just give up and play into the theme of randomness. Pulling over one of the large mugs if milk, he picked up one of the hot chocolate bombs in his maw, dropping it carefully into the warm milk. He watched as it immediately began to melt from the heat, slowly falling apart and dissolving into a delicious mug of chocolate and marshmallows. A grin came to Rhine's muzzle at that point, a pleased chitter leaving the feline before he spoke, "Ah, chocolate and marshmallow! Just what I was hoping for... I like white chocolate, but I prefer traditional chocolate much more, to be honest." He hesitated for a moment before picking the mug up with his paws, pads pressed up against the smooth surface of the mug as he moved to take a sip. He had to suppress a wince as it hit his tongue, yanking the mug back and carefully placing it down before he sputtered, "Ah, shit... I should've known that it would be hot. That's part of the name, and all..." After that, he opted to leave the mug in front of him, waiting for it to cool off a decent amount before he would try it again. For now, he just waited, glancing around to see what everyone else would get.
[Image: jGD2qw5.gif]
tags + roleplayed by stilly + the palm glades

Re: merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - Onyxdreams - 12-26-2020

~ ☼ Weird, that was Onyxkit's first impression of the strange dark, and white balls being carried around on something round and shiny by a not-cat-fish. Oh, he was kind of like the other not-cat-fish she had seen, but without the glowskers, which was cool, but the things he was carrying were still weird. The darker balls looked kinda like mud, just all pressed together into a ball, with some kind of weird stuff on them, and the white ones looked a bit like that snow stuff, but less shiny and a little duller...oh, oh, milk, they looked kind of like milk, but in ball shape! She...she had absolutely no idea what he was talking about either, something about...'chaklat'? About the only real word she could make out was milk, and most of everything else was kind of gibberish about that chaklat stuff and it being...hot? Oh, and his name was Sirbay!

"Onyx! Hi Sirbay!" the kit chirped out as she made her way over, taking a few looks at the weird things he had a bit closer up, still confused as to just what this chaklat stuff was. It smelled...good? Was it not mud? Something better? There was milk too, Sirbay had said so, but what was all of it for? Then, her papa did something she didn't expect at all, he got a cup of milk, and...dropped one of those weird things right into it. He seemed...happy? Happy about this, though she didn't know why he was happy about dropping some weird ball into milk. Then, the smell hit her, and her doubts were washed away. It was sweet, really sweet, and that smell that she had picked up from those darker balls in particular was much stronger now, what was this, what had the milk done to it? She watched in awe is her papa lifted the mug up, took a sip...and immediately sputtered. For a moment, she thought it was because it was bad, that it tasted terrible, but then he mentioned it was hot. Why...why would milk be hot? Did the ball make it hot? She...she had so many questions! "What...what those?" A paw was insistently jabbed towards the tray, as the kit glanced between her papa and the not-cat-fish, searching for answers to this weirdness

Re: merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - rhosmari - 12-26-2020

His eyes wandered around as he waited for other's to approach and he was starting to get a bit nervous. Truthfully he was already nervous about everything and being in a strange land all on his own. He was little over a year old and without his family now as far as he could remember. His mother was dead and his father, well, he couldn't remember what happened to him. He was partially sure that if he went to the Typhoon he would perhaps find some of his family there but he wasn't sure on how he would settle there. While he did visit the Typhoon much of his time had been spent with his other in Sunhaven. He just hoped he didn't' make a fool of himself and look like an idiot in front of all of these good animals. As he lifted his head up from watching the sand he saw a serval coming toward him and he focused on the male, watching with a moderately nervous gaze before he tilted his head a little bit as he introduced himself. Oh, he was one of those that helped him and he allowed a more easy smile to pull across his muzzle. Rhinestonestar, Legate. He needed to remember this. ''Then I owe you a thank you. I'm in your debt honestly all things considered. I wouldn't have made it without your help.'' He was sure of that much and he turned to watch what he would pick. So far he was looking at them and when he chose one a soft rumbling sound vibrated from his throat. He was happy that he liked them but an amused laugh left his throat sounding almost like wind chimes. ''Yeah they are just a tad bit hot there. But well worth it when they cool off.''

His glowing colored eyes lowered then when a child came forth, butchering his name in the cutest of ways. He allowed his finned tail to coil around himself as she seemed to be trying to deduce what these little treats actually were. So Sorbet gently used his paw to push for a smaller sized mug of hot milk toward her. ''It's a sweet. Something to treat yourself with sometimes when it gets too cold. Look...'' Lifting up one of the white chocolate bombs that was drizzled with milk chocolate he carefully put it into the milk and showed her the melting of the chocolate and the powder that came out with blossoming marshmallows. This one was also flavored with peppermint and he swirled it around gently before he blew on it to cool it down. ''Have a taste, Onyx.'' He spoke with a soft warmth to his voice.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: e0934557b53a61d89dd9702007efc443f324a653_00.gif]
[/td][td]
How, how much to light up my star again and rewire all my thoughts? Oh baby, won't you remind me what I am? And break, break my little cold heart. I'm living someone else's life. Suppressing who I was inside. I don't know if I can be alone again. I don't know if I can sleep alone again.

Sorbet Monroe Roux
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: merry times, happy times - open; hot chocolate bombs - SirDio - 12-26-2020

[align=center]
There's only one reason you've lost.
You've pissed me off.

A loud, somewhat boisterous laugh erupted from the hybrid as she walked up to the crowd, laughing mainly at Rhine's reaction to the hot chocolate."Hot chocolate? Huh. Never had any, actually." She admitted, sitting down next to Sorbet. "In some seriousness, I'm Medusa, one of the first to help you. Welcome to the Glades!" She grinned, then flicked her tongue out. "oh geez everything smells sweet." She recoiled gently, but regained her composure.
[sub][W]isker[/sub]