Beasts of Beyond
it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O (/showthread.php?tid=13419)

it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - SirDio - 12-08-2020

Among the fresh snow in camp, Cherry could easily be seen against the stoneface where the mural was, his easel up, canvas propped up, paints and palettes set aside, brushes in a hollow coconut half full of water. With his back facing the mural and a stern, concentrated look on his face, no one knew what he was painting. Softly, though, he was singing a small tune.

"Don't hold on,
Don't hold on,
Don't hold on to the past.

Don't hold on,
Don't hold on,
Don't hold onto the past.

It's a gas mask."

He sighed heavily, but he kept painting. What he was painting, no body knew.

[color=#c76a6a]"Speech"

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - RHINESTONE. - 12-09-2020

RHINESTONESTAR ❝ RHINE ❞ LEGATE
"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
Rhinestone had never been much of an artist, if he was honest. He was decent at coming up with designs for their warpaint, but beyond that, he didn't really think he had much artistic talent. However, this didn't prevent him from loving the artistic works of others. He loved seeing what others could come up with when they put their mind and soul into a creative project, and Cherry was no exception. The other feline's singing had drawn Rhine in, although he did find himself wondering how much the other related to the song. Had he gone through bad things in the past? Putting that aside for now, Rhinestone questioned with a smile, "Hey, Cherry. Nice singing... what is it that you're out here painting? Something nice?" Even if it had been very clear what Cherry was painting, the serval probably would've needed some clarification anyways. His eyes had a tendency to blur things, and the already messy texture of paint didn't help with that.
[Image: jGD2qw5.gif]
tags + roleplayed by stilly + the palm glades

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - athenii - 12-09-2020

? TO FREEDOM AND WHISKEY —
Jamie liked artists. Perhaps that was because his own skill was lacking with a brush. Or, perhaps, it was because he could appreciate the art of another. Either way, he had always enjoyed watching artists do their thing. The male trailed after Rhine, coming to rest right beside the other two. "Ye've got some skill, laddie." he acknowledged, nodding slowly as he watched.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px white; font-size: 24px;"]— JAMIE
#psychosocial.

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - SirDio - 12-10-2020

His ears perked gently at Rhine's voice, then at Jamie's voice. Emerald eyes glanced at the two as they sat down, and he turned the easel toward them. "Thanks, you two. Here's what I've been working on." The canvas was covered in a flat gray, keeping two vibrant figures in focus. One figure seemed to be Cherry, but he seemed more brighter and had a bandage over his eye. The other figure was a Caracal with dark grey fur. They seemed to have some age. Both figures only had their faces painted in, though their entire bodies were shown; it was very clear he wasn't finished.

[color=#c76a6a]"Speech"

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - RHINESTONE. - 12-12-2020

"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
Blinking and flicking his tail in greeting as Jaime approached, Rhinestone immediately perked up with interest when Cherry turned the easel around. His blackened gaze lit up with delight as he saw the two unfinished figures, and he immediately recognized Cherry, even if the other did look slightly different. When the legate's eyes caught onto the caracal, however, he found himself pausing. He tilted his head to one side, wondering who it could be. He considered keeping his mouth shut, but his curiosity got the best of him, and the serval found himself questioning, "It looks wonderful so far, Cherry... who's the other person in the picture? Family?" There was also the possibility it was a friend of Cherry's, although Rhine did have to wonder where they were. Had they not followed him to The Palm Glades for some reason? Had they drifted apart?

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - Grimm - 12-12-2020

He knew how to paint, if in a base senses, the whimsy derived from the boundless wonder a child exhibits giving muddled shape and form in smeared adornment of varying hues. Enjoyed the work for the actions staged, end product a mere after thought addressed when such time grew apparent. Yet solidified his thoughts towards such, creation in a sense, something new and unique given existence. Still basic that he may produce, his own prior instance of crafting a piece across cliff face evident of such.

There was no jealousy tainting delicate heart where it was housed within breast simmering with a low ache, inhale expected yet deprived of. His own approach had been conducted with the reveal that permitted perusal of that which adorned canvas, the basic details present alongside more defined. Closer did he tread, between vision turning, each individual addressed before unfinished painting drew him once more, barely halted a misstep, made up for as he settled upon his haunches. "Looks like you." Light the rather obvious remark Foam offered, closer his scrutiny as the realisation dawned, forth leaning as eyes narrowed.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: ezgif-5-dccafc75ccf5.gif]
[/td][td]
i think that's a burn but we seldom learn, you know fire's too strict a teacher, stoking up the coal with another pull silence and smoke poured out, but there'll be time in distant days, time enough for me to shape my ways where my ambitions lift my indifference and no more of the day is a waste
[/td][/tr][/table]
code by Wisker

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - SirDio - 12-13-2020

He smiled brightly. Nodding gently to Rhine's and Foam's words. He let his paintbrush drift against the canvas, starting to fill in the blank space of his body on the canvas. "In a way, he was family. If only he actually was, hah." he chuckled. [color=#c76a6a]"I didn't have the best life for the first few months of my life, but he got me out of it. Helped me find my love for painting." He looked at the sky for a brief moment, a smile on his lips before he continued to paint.

[color=#c76a6a]"Speech"

Re: it was the sign i needed ;; Painting, O - RHINESTONE. - 12-15-2020

"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
Cherry's explanation still left Rhinestone with plenty of questions, but the legate decided not to press. After all, it was clear that the other had been a positive figure in Cherry's life, and that was really enough for Rhine to like him, at least a little bit. Although the serval hadn't known Cherry for long, anybody that joined the Glades was considered family to him, and he wanted to see them thrive. With a thoughtful hum leaving him, the blue feline spoke warmly, "He sounds like he was kind... and thank goodness he got you into painting. If he hadn't, the rest of us here wouldn't be able to enjoy your wonderful works of art." He gestured his paw at the canvas, watching Cherry's slow movements as he dragged the brush carefully over the surface in order to add color and life. It truly was beautiful, and Rhinestone wished that he could pick up a more creative hobby. It had been difficult in the past, due to how busy he usually was, but with things winding down lately... perhaps he'd be able to do some research.