Beasts of Beyond
Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Conquest of Spaces ; Joining (/showthread.php?tid=13390)

Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - SirDio - 12-05-2020

I want to feel the pain and the bitter taste
of the blood on my lips again

They dropped him off - he didn't know why. His master was just sleeping, right? Why was his family so sad, why had they given him to this strange land? It didn't seem fair. That's because it wasn't. He didn't fail, right? His master wasn't hurt, right? Right?? He paced at the shores. Staring in the direction of the boat that had left him only days before. He could just swim back, right? yeah, that seemed right. He slipped into the salty water and, with the help of the current, started toward what would hopefully be his home.

This wasn't home. "No..!" The shallow, hoarse voice of the Amphicyon rang out on the island he had landed on. This was far from home. The scents of strangers forced his mind to become alert, to become a guard animal once again. Scarred ears flicked angrily. Lowly was the snarl that ripped from him, even though he silenced it easily. His confusion, once drowned only by alertness, was now drowned by that and anger. Burning, coursing anger. They had abandoned him, didn't they. Were his talents in fighting and protection not good enough?

His head swiveled, fur bristling, eyes watching the land around him. This was a strange place. The scents were animal. A weight became heavy around his neck. Oh. His old collar. Ringed with spikes and with a tag on it. Sarchus was engraved on the skull tag. His master's last name was now his own. Unfortunately, the tag fell off now, loosened by the swimming. It fell to the floor and Dante stared it down before pulling dirt over it.

He wasn't tied to that past now. His only tie would be his last name. Sarchus. Dante Andrew Sarchus.

"Speech"
template by orion

Re: Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - APOSTLE - 12-05-2020

[Image: b8HzBLA.png]
Diego would never know what abandonment felt like. He'd lived within the Coalition all his life, raised by Ninazu and Stryker alongside Sojourn, Timbre and Romulus up to this point, and he would stay here. Those that he trusted would never abandon him, for their loyalty was undying, and he returned it tenfold with his own.

No, he would never understand the feelings that Dante had been put through, nor did he wish to understand. All that he felt was love and loyalty, and an eagerness to serve those who could so easily have cast him away as a cub but chose not to.

That same eagerness is what brought him to the borders today, it's what builds that low, rumbling growl in his throat as he smells an unfamiliar scent; something he's never smelt before in his life, and it rips that terrifying snarl from his jowls as he heads towards it, head down and eyes narrowed as he catches sight of the amphicyon.

He's not stupid, far from it even, so he doesn't dare attack yet. Still, his face is set into a hard glare, the hard muscles of his frame pulled taut as he eyes the bear dog suspiciously.

"State your name and business." he grunts, lifting himself into a seated position, his long claws disturbing the sand around him as he subtly kneads at the floor, as if readying himself to spring forward and dig his teeth into the other's throat any minute now.
tags + roleplayed by wag + template © star

Re: Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - SirDio - 12-05-2020

I want to feel the pain and the bitter taste
of the blood on my lips again

The encroaching scent of a feline creature caused him to veer his head, noting how his spiked collar limited his movements. Torn ears leaned forward as the smilodon appeared. He took his defensive stature, staring Diego down but not making any movements. Contemplating the response he would give, he moved his head gently to one side.

"My name is Dante Sarchus. In all reality, I don't entirely know what my business here is. It went from trying to go back home to getting angry at the people who dropped me off, and now I'm here."

"Speech"
template by orion

Re: Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - TIMBRE. - 12-06-2020

[div style="width: 90px; border-radius: 100%; height: 90px; border: 2px solid white; "]
ancient creatures of such a kind were not welcome, there were a reason for the extinction, rarity of such creatures. Even now they were a rarity, the fossilized greats now walking the earth, the isles again was a spark of wonder to any passer by- a great ally, but a worse opponent. There were a reason that the creatures had evolved, dialect, patterns, sensibility. Closely guarded interest hidden by the scarlet hooded gaze of scrutiny, timbre stalked along his brother's own paw steps, the shadow of the two silent and their presence less intrusive.

There was a sympathy, false as it was as the spiked prehistoric beast spoke: a stranger trying to gain pity. "[glow=#212121,2,200]You're anger is understandable, you were abandoned, Dante.[/glow]" Such a fimiluar tone in Timbre's words, in his voice, he cocked his own head slightly, a mirror as he stepped out of his brother's own aggressive stance, the weariness falling away, but fever bright sickly red eyes stared on. "[glow=#212121,2,200]You are in a place of opportunity, this is the land of the unwanted, of the damned. We are a family here, if you're looking for a place to stay, we will welcome you to it.[/glow]" They were never one to snuff at the extra hands, the bodies of cannon fodder. It was simply their way: they could not be picky in the war their father started. A sly glance towards his brother before he regarded the stranger-dante again. a slow smile along his maw.

"[glow=#212121,2,200]My name's Timbre, Tim- if that's easier[/glow]" Timbre offered a welcoming kind of smile as he regarding the other, a charm fell from the lion's own lips as he looked towards them. It wouldn't be the first time they had smiled so dismissively, seeing it so closely on their father's own face when he regarded their allies- and enemies alike.
[align=right]Timbre Totatum-Harbringer-Malus  | Timbre of Coalition of the Condemned

Re: Conquest of Spaces ; Joining - rhosmari - 12-06-2020

Joinings to her were always so boring. They were always the same, some lost or thrown out thing came waddling up to their border. They would cry or be too proud to want to join them and then what? Another mouth to feed that was what. She saw it as annoying and she wondered if they would put any effort into actually being here. Maybe. Time would tell and she was sure that they were already given some over the top spiel about what this place stood for. The only explanation she would give was that they were a force and they didn't need weakness mucking it all up. She snorted a bit as she walked forth from the greenery, eyes of pastel pink focused on the stranger and with an almost uncaring gaze. Name, check. Was Dante. Did he actually have a worth, a use? She supposed she would find out when time revealed it to her or she would very surely end him and make him her next dinner. Whichever came first she hoped it was dinner because she hadn't really each in a good whole. The ghoul in her was hammering at her ribs and begging for a carnivore's flesh.

Sighing the woman would take a step back a little and plop down on her ass as she curved her horned skull up slightly, glancing at both of her brothers before trying to think of something reasonable to say. She honestly didn't care about the situation and she was sure that her father wasn't going to say no to them. They could use more soldiers she guessed rather they died outright or not. The Condemned had a lot of land to try and keep. Especially with all the masses making such pitiful and humorous mistakes. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here. Just don't get yourself killed, or in the way. We have a lot of enemies that think they are powerful around here.'' If they were so powerful then they wouldn't have all fallen like dominos.