Beasts of Beyond
one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] (/showthread.php?tid=13373)

one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - Stryker - 12-02-2020

After months of build up, The Typhoon's monarchy was about to fall. Recruits from various groups were ready to come together and defeat their strongest enemy, despite the cost. Palmclan was a vital ally to the Coalition of the Condemned and would hopefully follow in their footsteps. Tanglewood's land was given to them for a reason. The group had to bulk up and heal after their endeavor, after all. Time had passed though. They had all prepared and taken precautions before their final battle. The Kingpin knew it was go time.

A hawk flew into the east, landing on Palmclan's borders with a note enclosed between it's beak. Letting out a caw, it dropped the message and floated off into the sky without any other acknowledgement.

'Rhinestonestar,

It's time.

Stryker'

Bland, wasn't it? No. That wasn't all. At the bottom was some small text giving them short instructions on what to do after they found this scroll.

P.S. There's a cave on the left side of the mainland that recently opened. Follow that into The Typhoon's middle island and meet us there.

THE TYPHOON TAKEOVER AND RAID

Re: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - rhosmari - 12-03-2020

It had been quiet, like almost too quiet and he was unsure of why that was. Maybe there was a somberness in the air about the things that were supposed to take place. He was rather worried personally and had been collecting flowers that were making it through the snow. Hearty ones that he thought would make good decorations. How he remembered them anyway. So when the caw came forth the large domestic paused and he lifted his head. staying rather still before he made his way to the location. His head tilted slightly as he felt like he heard something very light land upon the ground. So light he might have missed it and frankly he really thought that it was strange he heard it at all. Still he reached a paw forth, the sudden sound of wings moving making him cringe back. Blinking his useless sunset orbs he would reach out again, feeling along the ground till he bumped into the thin parchment. "Oh...a letter maybe?" Whatever it was he definitely couldn't read it and so he guessed he would take it to someone that could. But he was hesitant to do that so he stood there.

[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]

Re: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - VASS . - 12-03-2020

THe caw of a bird wasn't uncommon enough around the beach. It was a blanket of white noise to them where the seagulls cawed and cooed, but the shriek of a predatory raptor was different. From even the edge of the boardwalk Vaas could see a cluster of white birds jump to the skies as more difficult prey. He stalked closer towards the sound, spotting Dovah along the border and hearing his clanmate's murmur he stepped up to examine the parchment. The soft frown along his maw turning into a quickening scowl.

His indecision had cast him, it was too late to really do anything but press forward. His clan was strong- yes. But were they strong enough? did they need to be? the typhoon was great, but maybe the illusions of nostalgia plagued him: the battle- reality of the battle hit too close to home- literally for the tiger. A low rumbleing puctuated by a savage snarl as he threw the page back towards the ground, stalking- pacing at the border's edge. "It's time, the damned ally of ours has already started the war." The volatile medicine cat didn't settle-couldn't. Instead he looked towards Dovah, trying to breathe through it less his water start to act up. "we need to get [member=15694]RHINESTONE.[/member] , ready the warriors, those who wish to fight."

He knew he didn't want to, it would be better to stay out of the conflict- he wanted to but it was out of his paws now. It was too late to even discuss the implications these waves would cause. Too little too late. "Dovah, will you help me ready a pack? It'll be best to gather materials before we leave." There was no doubt he would fight, but he needed to be ready to heal too, it was his job, duty.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain .  vaas montenegro ; he who lives to fight demons should be weary he himself does not become one ." it's not like i am fucking crazy — "
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - METEOR - 12-03-2020

Quasar padded up and glanced at the letter, huffing. His tails flicked behind him—he remembered the last invite’s disastrous end for him. But, if they were to fight, then he would fight. All the cold weather drove him stir crazy, and his hot blood hissed for battlefield release.

It was either his natural aggression or his trauma that spurred him on. Why not both? Perhaps it was both. But Quasar lacked any self-awareness.

He bit his tongue when he glanced at Dovah, lowering his gaze momentarily to his paws, as the guilt shivered over his spine. He knew it was an accident. And, thankfully, most of the Clan believed that. But, intention or unintentional, Dovah still lost his sight because of him. He hated looking at Dovah, the walking proof of Quasar’s faults and weaknesses.

“I’m going. You can’t stop me. But I suppose you wouldn’t want to? Yeah. Time to repay Stryker for the food.” Quasar sounded exactly as scattered as he was inside his noggin, but the vaporwave mess didn’t recognize it, himself. “Lovely.”
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - RHINESTONE. - 12-06-2020

RHINESTONESTAR ❝ RHINE ❞ LEADER
"TALKING" || "TELEPATHY"
It seemed as though Stryker was finally calling upon them, not that Rhinestome was particularly enthused by the idea. While he was glad that his group had finally gotten the food they desperately needed, he still didn't trust the lion as far as he could throw him, and that was a problem. While Rhine believed that Bai Shi and Alithís Evgenis would do anything for The Palm Glades, and vice versa, he couldn't say the same of the Coalition. That wasn't exactly a good sign, and that was why the serval wasn't particularly worried about putting on too much of a good showing by actually fighting. With a grim expression on his face as he approached, Rhinestonestar muttered with a shake of his head, "I guess it's time... hard to believe he's actually doing it. Seems like a suicide mission, if you ask me." But they had a deal, and Rhine wasn't keen on breaking that deal – at least not yet. Not when Stryker would easily know and be able to retaliate. Even if the Palm Glades were strong, they certainly didn't need to make the Coalition an enemy at the moment. They were only just now recovering from the storm, and Rhine wasn't looking for new injuries to plague them.

As he listened to those around him offer their thoughts, Rhinestone flicked his short tail from side to side, announcing to all of them, "Alright, get ready for battle. But remember, we're only going to make it look like we're holding up our end of the bargain. If you're able to go the whole fight without engaging anyone, then I encourage you to do so. If anyone attacks you, there's obviously a reason to fight back, but we have no real reason to go searching for fights with Typhoon members. They still haven't done anything to hurt us." The male still felt uneasy about this whole thing, but hopefully this plan would work, and Stryker wouldn't notice that anything was off. After all, the other had an entire raid to worry about. With this in mind, Rhine gave a firm nod to those around him, before moving off in the direction of The Typhoon's territory.
[Image: jGD2qw5.gif]
tags + roleplayed by stilly + the palm glades

Re: one bitten, twice shy - [COTC RAID INVITE] - rhosmari - 12-06-2020

He was quiet for the most part, looking down toward the paper that was there. A paper demanding their help for a fight they weren't even supposed to be a part of. He was troubled by it all and he was scared and worried. He wanted no one to go really. No one needed to go and be needlessly hurt because of this lion's cruelty. Because of his pompous ambition and he started to open his jaws and say as much but Vaas was speaking first and he was a bit surprised that the tiger had asked him to help with making a pack to take to the raid. He...could help, right? Truth be told he was unsure of his skill to be able to help him. He couldn't see anything and he didn't have any inkling yet if this was permanent or if it was going to be temporary. Lifting his head up slightly he would attempt to find the tiger and give a small nod to him. "I can try to help as best I can, you just try to tell me what I need to gather." The large maine coon gave a small smile but immediately it dropped as he heard Quasar's voice. Ears pulling back against his skull and he turned his head away. With head lowered he took a deep breath to collect himself, moving off to the side a bit.

What Rhinestonestar said was right though and he was happy for it. He hoped it worked and that they could avoid ay further problems. He trusted his leader, more than he had trusted anyone in his life besides his brother and he felt his smile return as he nodded in agreement. Thick tail raised up and he was ready to go and help Vaas.

[sup]template made by tikki[/sup]