Beasts of Beyond
HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU (/showthread.php?tid=13315)

HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU - bubblegum - 11-24-2020

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
Her son had requested getting a tattoo similar to her own, and she would be happy to oblige. He'd grown enough that it wouldn't cause any odd stretches in his fur, and he was old enough to know how to choose something he'd like. The female would bring her supplies with her that morning, humming to herself as she walked towards her son's home. Once her apprentice resided with him, though she'd not seen the other in some time. But such was the way, with the waves people came and went as they needed. She'd grown used to such a feeling in her almost three years of life. But, she always had somebody. Her family, no matter what, was always there. And that's all that really mattered to her. She was glad to have her son by her side, no matter what they'd gone through. And she was excited to help him create this tattoo.

And so, with her supplies, the tigress would approach the entrance to her son's home. She was sad when he'd moved out, but she didn't stop him. And, he visited often, so she didn't find it so bad. They still lived close enough to each other, at least. She knew he needed his own space, and she knew the effects that everything that'd occurred took. She still dealt with her own turmoil regarding similar occurrences. Perhaps this would be a good chance to speak about them, finally. He'd learned of grief at a young age, and she could only hope everything she taught him helped him today. Still humming, the captain gently knocks on the boy's door, waiting patiently for him to open it and let her in to start their session.

Re: HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU - Seakit Roux. - 11-25-2020

IF MY LIFE IS GOING
TO MEAN ANYTHING,
I HAVE TO LIVE IT
MYSELF.
tiguar . young . he/him
demigod of the deep
They say the apple doesn't fall from the tree, a statement that stands true for Seapaw and his mother. He'd always stuck to his mother's side like glue, always looked to her as a pillar in the always raging storm. Even when he'd fled, she'd welcomed him home with open arms, giving him something and someone to cling to. He'd learned to stand on his own paws with time but, always knew he could lean on her if he ever faltered. He'd always done his best to let her know the same goes for her, she could lean on him. They'd been through hell together, though he knew somewhere in his mind that it was nothing compared to the strife she faced in life. He'd never known the details of her life before him, never really pressed her to talk on it, but he knew for sure one thing; she was strong and always managed to get through it. It gave him hope, something to look forwards to.

When she had gifted him the feather earing that now adorned his ear, he'd cried then. It had been such a strong moment for him, another thing he could share with her. When she'd told him she would do his tattoo, he hadn't been able to wipe the excited grin off his face. A tattoo was one thing, having it done by your mother was another. He'd been planning it out for a while, sketch covered papers scattered on his floor. Sketches of fish, shells, waves, and beaches. Many ideas scribbled out, tossed to the side. Slowly a reoccurring theme began to emerge; of a boat, sometimes with flames and rising smoke. Small symbols sketched out at random, names scribbled under them.

Before him, a finalized design. It was sketchy, he was nowhere near the artist his mother was, but it was good enough. He knew she could tweak and fix it. At the bottom was a boat, resting on a thick and solid band. Coiling from the boat was a thick fire, marked by rough simplistic lines. From the fire came smoke, that turned in circles. certain parts had been erased, marked as 'backside of arm', showing that it was meant to wrap around. Within the smoke on the outer layer, the smoke began to make shapes. A deer's skull, with a large rack that faded to smoke as it went up, and a long sword that curved with the smoke. Above them all, as if escaping the smoke, was a large whale shark. The whale shark was only lined, unlike the rest of the smoke and symbols which had been filled in. The skull had 'sam' scribbled under it, the sword Elduin, and the whale shark 'Goldie'.

He was putting final details on when he heard a knock at his door. Grinning, he hopped up and traveled the short distance to the door, swinging it wide open. "Hi momma!" he greeted, his oversized tail thumping at the floor of his treehouse. He pressed his head against her chest for a moment, finding that a task that was getting harder with each passing day. He wasn't near done growing, but he definitely isn't the tiny cub with oversized paws he once was. He would bounce back, letting her in and beginning to gather the scraps of paper. "I think I've got a design down," he informed her excitedly, gesturing with his head towards the only paper that hadn't been scooped up, the one he'd been working on when she arrived.

Re: HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU - bubblegum - 12-04-2020

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
As he opened the door and greeted her with a gentle nudge, she would lean into the feeling, making sure they were close together. She'd never expected to have children herself, not before her first miscarriage, and certainly not after. The female had always been work, work, work, get the job done, make her papa proud. And she'd not wanted it, the first, nor the second time, she'd carried children. The first, was out of bitterness, a hatred towards something that wasn't her fault, her choice, and it was her fault in the end the unborn children died. The second, however, was simply out of fear. She didn't want anymore children to die by her paws, and still one did, but she'd like to think...maybe she'd done an okay job, all things considered. She tried her best to. She didn't know what a mama was supposed to be, really, but she thinks maybe she did what she needed to, what she could. And she's grateful, in the end, they were here.

She was happy that, at least, he seemed to feel comfortable to speak with her about his emotions. She'd not wanted to press him too far, but she wanted him to know that he could always come to her - that he should, if he needed help. Her two regrets in life existed only because she'd not taken the time to be honest, not sought help. And she'd been through enough to know how to offer advice for most things, at least. She would not admit most of what happened in her life, just so not to stress his own emotions. He was her child, it was her job to carry the weight, no matter how much he may want to help. And this would be nice, she thinks; they could share something together.

"Oh? Let's see it then," she'd respond to his statement, slowly moving past him to get a closer look at the design. She's quiet as she looks it over, tail tip twitching, before offering a nod and looking to him. "I think we can make that work." Goldie offers with a wink. The female would set down her basket of supplies, pulling out her own paper and pen to begin working on it. She'd expected some sort of sentimental design, just knowing her son was who he was. Her paws carefully glide around, trying her best to mimic the composition Sea had set up for her. And after several moments, she would have the design recreated for him on her own piece of paper. "Like this, hon?"

/i know how to reply to things yes i am very good at replying to things on time

Re: HEARD FROM YOUR MOTHER, SHE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU - Seakit Roux. - 01-03-2021

IF MY LIFE IS GOING
TO MEAN ANYTHING,
I HAVE TO LIVE IT
MYSELF.
tiguar . young . he/him
demigod of the deep
Sea's paws patted excitedly as he watched his mother work, though something itched at the back of his mind. He was forgetting something and he just knew it. He began to absentmindedly sift through the spare sketches as he listened to her work, his eyes occasionally flickering over to her with a smile. He made piles of his left over sketches, one for sketches that could potentially be used to make other projects and another for random doodle that he could trash. As he got to the final sketch of them all, he gave a small "oh" as he stared down at the sketch before him. It was in the shape of a whale shark, mad of thick strokes and curves, framing a small butterfly at the heart of it. He'd been contemplating it, something he wanted to honor the most important person in his life. She was still around but, he wanted it all the same.

As he began to lift it to take it to her, she showed her own finished piece. He looked at it, grinning widely and nodding excitedly. He wasn't as close to being an artist as his mom was so, he was glad she would clean it up for him. "I love it!" he said excitedly, tail thumping against the ground as he slid his additional sketch to her. "There wasn't enough room on my original sketch so I almost forgot! But I uh, I want this also but it's also its own kinda thing and above the there?" he rambled excitedly, showing her the sketch that was meant to represent, well, her.

//llisten
it hasn'r been a month so like, that's something?