Beasts of Beyond
soldier side — joiner - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: soldier side — joiner (/showthread.php?tid=13292)

soldier side — joiner - Kian. - 11-20-2020

[align=center]
Kian Ó Faoláin
The Irishman had set foot in the Pitt's desert a small number of times -- all out of necessity more than immediate choice.  First, to fight, then much later, to barter; each during the reigns of different Ardents.  Now another reigned and the small wildcat stood on the border once again, with brand new intention.  Hopefully he'll let me in...

The faerie hummed softly under his breath, an old sailor's tune, as he took a seat.  The sun felt scorching on his spotted fur, but he had suffered far worse conditions for longer.  He could wait, sea-green eyes set on the horizon and his thoughts drifting on old memories.
We'll all be returning, if we sail together

Re: soldier side — joiner - gael - 11-20-2020

[align=center]
GAEL Ó BROIN
The vulpine kept his patrols of the border consistent -- eyes open and ears perked.  With an uptake of newcomers as of late, the Faerie felt little surprise catching the scent of someone on the corners of the Pitt's lands.  His brows creased however at the familiar tang of sea salt in the air.

Golden hazel eyes narrowed, wary of the familiar wildcat humming an old tune.

"Kian."  Rather formal, his voice rang out cold and distant -- less suspicious than if it had been Séamus he found waiting, but his gaze narrowed nonetheless; recalling with distaste the last time his cousin had paid the Pitt a visit.

"What brings you here?" It could be business, yet the Ardent possessed doubts of the Typhoon's willingness to send a lone messenger to the Pitt -- which left personal reasons to be the likely culprit.

Gael's ear flicked, wondering if that meant something of note had happened within their family or if Kian was simply being his usual outgoing and optimistic self.  He felt less dubious about the latter, and inclined his head in simple attention.
"I AM A STONE" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / ardent / lamby

Re: soldier side — joiner - Kian. - 11-22-2020

[align=center]
Kian Ó Faoláin
Kian grins his typical jovial grin, though he knows it may not be received well immediately.  Gael had every right to be irritated with him; the faerie would not deny that.  Regardless, the smaller feline decided to be optimistic, since he wanted to mend some of the broken bridges between them.

"Gael," the Irishman countered in a more friendly tone, head bowing in a brief display of respect for the other's ranking.  "Since I know you like to be straightforward my friend, I'm here to join the Pitt."

"And before you tell me off, I'd like to remind you that I'm not my brother," he added quickly, taking care to stare his cousin straight in the eye -- Kian did not know the details, but he had his suspicions that Séamus had been a spy among the Pitt for a brief time during Jervis' reign.  "There's no ulterior motive, this is my call.  I'm here to join."

"Besides, some extra paws to help 'round are always nice, right?"

Hopefully, his case was sold.  Kian would respect Gael first and foremost, should the other deny him and he'd return to the Typhoon without trouble, but he was not particularly fond of the thought -- giving up didn't come easy to the pirate.  If he had to, he'd just find some other way to repair their family bonds.
We'll all be returning, if we sail together

Re: soldier side — joiner - aine. - 11-24-2020

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]I'LL C[color=#36829c]OME BACK WHEN YOU CALL ME
Aine has grown less and less prone to tensing at the scent of salt.  If only just.  Her hazel hues still flicker and dance, hesitation in her steps.  But the lilted voice is familiar.  Upbeat.  Her father's cousin, Kian.

She relaxes a little, ears perking in curiosity.  Did he come with news?  No.  He... He wanted to join?  The petite Fleshweaver shuffles her wings, startled.  He sounded serious about it too.

"Kian?" She shuffles forward a little closer, smiling shyly.  He had been nothing but kind to her.  Always enthusiastic.  She glanced up at her father, hopeful.  "S'il vous plaît?"

To have more family around.  To have something like an uncle.  He and Raziel had said to call them that if she wanted to.  Uncail.  "S'il vous plaît?"
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: soldier side — joiner - gael - 11-25-2020

[align=center]
GAEL Ó BROIN
Truthfully, the vulpine would have suspected Séamus to come with an intent to join before ever hearing the words from Kian's mouth -- an ulterior motive undoubtedly present, in the shadier twin's case.  Even so, the Ardent feels his brows crease; hesitant of the prospect placed before him.

While he had no doubts of Kian's honesty, the faerie possessed concerns for the pirate's loyalties.  Kian's own daughter was a high-ranking member of the Typhoon; his intentions may be true, but he would be divided.

Of course, just as it was the day Trygve came to join, Gael heard his daughter encourage the request -- to let Kian in.  No doubt, she simply wanted more family closer by.  The Ardent released a deep breath, narrowing his eyes on his cousin; once a brother-in-arms.

"This is what you want?" He had to reiterate, stress the choice he was making today.  "Then I have little grounds to dismiss you, Kian."  For others had come before him, departing from their groups to join their ranks.

At the end of the day, Gael knew he could trust Kian to be held up to his word -- he would pull his weight with a cheerful smile. However distant they had grown, the faerie could respect his honesty and work effort. 

"Fáilte chuig an Pitt, col ceathrar."

// translation: Fáilte chuig an Pitt, col ceathrar - welcome to the Pitt, cousin
"I AM A STONE" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / ardent / lamby