Beasts of Beyond
(Joing) that's Popy - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: (Joing) that's Popy (/showthread.php?tid=13202)

Pages: 1 2

(Joing) that's Popy - ¿¿ - 11-07-2020

Leka or his preferred name as popy is still a young kit so the newer new comers may not reconise him. Popy just really wanted to play he has been told not to run out of town. He has a lot of pent up energy from that and make him a bit grouchy in town that eving. Flicking his tail with excitement he stared at the direction edge right behind town and booked for it some of the village dwellers seen and watched him run pass. Popy inherited quite short legs from Bai but it really dosnt slow him down and he is very fast for a kit his age. Rustling the brush as he ran he roared out with such delight with no regards to the bandits lurking about just breaking branches off as he passed them.

Re: (Joing) that's Popy - teef - 11-09-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: tumblr_podjm9hxLd1vd3h2u_540.gif]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. god of war - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. formerly blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family. courting halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, laeglin, sloan and colwyn. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette. (strike is deceased/unknown status)
[/td][/tr][/table]
swift the steps that would interrupt the child's route, father's kind mouth coming to take the kit by the scruff, "popy, what are you doing?", the kingpin would hum, aiming to carry the child away from the edges of the forest, the NPC patrol members chuckling at the sight of the parent attempting to herd their offspring away from the dangerous forest. humming, they would move to continue to block his path, "you know that you're not supposed to go to the forest", they spoke softly, scolding.

clicking their tongue slightly, they concluded the patrol with a wave of their tail, eyes glancing over their child. chuckling, they shook their head, "escaped your nanny again i see", they murmured in soft amusement, "let us go to talk to her.", they would breathe out.

Re: (Joing) that's Popy - ¿¿ - 11-09-2020

Poppy was to focused to notice Bai coming towards him and was surprised when he picked him up. "But it's so boring in town everything fun is in the forest. Besides no one can beat me I'm a dragon! (Roar)." Popy was speaking like he was telling a story and spied the air when he roared. "Becides nanny cant hold me ull be to slippery springs you better play with me."

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. god of war - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. formerly blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family. courting halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, laeglin, sloan and colwyn. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette. (strike is deceased/unknown status)
[/td][/tr][/table]
an amused laugh would leave the parent, their brows creasing slightly, "did you tell your nanny that you were going out for a bit, poppy?", they laughed, carrying him back towards the inn, "the snow drifts are heavy and thick, your little legs are going to be hard-pressed to get through this snow.", they snorted as they made the trek back, their own legs thick with ice, in their jaguar body, shivering at the chill.

setting poppy down in a relatively thin space, they paused to shake themself out before going to pick him back up, carrying him with a low hum, "the forest might seem fun to you right now, but i promise you it's not as fun as you believe it to be. there are a lot of dangers out there that can hurt even me, and i'm the biggest dragon here.", they murmured, memory flying back to selthies and glamier, two members that had been missing for a long time. sighing, they rubbed their shoulders against the moss sided tree trunks, trying to knock off the crusting snow from their pelt. bringing him to the inn, they would push the door open with their shoulder, sighing in relief at the warm air coursing over their fur.

Pouting with all of his face wrinkles while his skin pulled him still. "Nanny knew I was out playing. Besides i can jump the snow." He did look suspicious with his facts but the nanny did know he was out playing. He was dripping with cold snow and have started to shiver slightly close to the inn. Once they were in side he wiggled as much as he could to be let out. Once he would be let go he'd say how amazing pops is.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
rumbling softly as they brought him inside, they huffed softly, gaze warm as they put him down, "go sit by the fire for now, poppy. you weren't wearing any furs on top of your skin.", they would cluck their tongue with a soft exhale, walking closer to the hearth themself to warm up and groom the icy snow from their fur. sitting down, they lifted a foreleg to groom the chill away, patting the floor after a moment, where a fur was laying on the ground for proper curling up near the warmth, "come here", they would instruct, turning their head to groom him should he come closer.

eyes closing to half lid, they stared into the embers, mind drifting away to eons worth of memories, gaze becoming foreign and distant, removed and quiet before shaking their head. they could remember the feeling of their long lost mate curled up into their side on the coldest nights, watching the fire together and speaking of what would have been their future together so long ago. exhaling, they shuddered, knowing that such a nicety was no longer theirs, nor should it ever be again. shaking their head, they yawned, "she will be around the inn somewhere, likely to come and look after you, dear/", they murmured, knowing that the nanny would be beside herself with worry as the storms began to sweep in outside.

Following Bais instructions he scurried to sit next to the fire watching as his father join him. Shaking some of the water off making some dribbles everywhere then sat back down where his wey puddle was. Popy was watching Bai groom himself hoping for assistance for himself. When he was invited to sit next to him he waisted no time and plopped down where he directed him and flopped on his back behind him. "Hmm, nanny can wait I got you pops. Hide me until then?" Popy giggled at the though of spending time with Bai because it would sound fun away from nanny.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
chuckling as their child laid against them, they rolled to encompass him in their forelegs, gently dragging tongue over tender skin, purr rumbling in their throat, soothed by his scent. burying their nose into his shoulder, they chuckled, "i'll hide you, poppy, don't worry. i might just fall asleep here.", they would murmur, tongue salving over gentle skin, warming it with each pass. exhaling, they pulled him closer to their fur, wrapped up in a fur they had recently treated, rumbling in content as they closed their eyes, "if you want to hide, keep your tail close to me.", they chuckled softly.

hearing the bark of the howl of the wind, they closed their eyes, purring despite themself as they curled up about their kit, ears flicking against the sound of the storm setting in outside, knowing that their groupmates were smart enough to come indoors before the storm.

Poppy just played next to Bai and enjoying the grooming of his parent. "Yesss, shell never notice me snuggled here." Popy made sure to snuggle up even closer and wrapped his own tail around so that it's not hanging out. He was just listening to the noise of Bai and the wind hitting the inn along with the white noise of the others that stay in the inn.

Re: (Joing) that's Popy - teef - 11-11-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
they would give a low laugh, grooming his short nearly non existent threads of fur, a deep purr rumbling from their chest. what they wouldn't give to have another adult there with them, someone they knew and cherished. lately, the feelings of loneliness echoed in their chest in wicked ways. shaking their head slightly, the kingpin would yawn, laying their head upon their paws and grooming at their own scars that ached from the cold. "mm. it's warmer in here ...", they would breathe quietly, shuddering with a great yawn again. they enjoyed the warmth in the same way that they enjoyed their kit being pressed against their side.