Beasts of Beyond
Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white (/showthread.php?tid=1319)

Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white - jacob w.c. - 05-13-2018

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO LOVE —//retro to harrison going missing

Jacob had been working on this for quite some time. It took a long time to stitch these sort of things but he'd decided that August needed one from the moment he met. He wasn't sure if the great cervid would want it but Jacob knew he liked to cover up his own scars and that wound on the deer's shoulder didn't seem to be going away any time soon. Besides, even without his body functioning properly, it was probably best to keep something like that covered up. It was sort of difficult treating a zombie for any type of injury but he wasn't so sure that it would be going away any time soon. So, he sat down and began stitching bandages from thick fabric just the way his Ma had taught him to. He'd noticed that August seemed to like marigolds, based on the various comments he'd made about them while Jacob helped treat his wounds, and he knew the zombie liked being out in the Sun.

So, he'd decided to make two separate sets. One set was died blue and he put a pattern of tons of tiny Suns on it. The other set was initially only a light green but then he added marigolds to it by hand. All of the stitching had taken a long time but he was happy with the way it'd all turned out and he hoped August would like it too. "August? I got somethin' for ya'!" the husky called when he noticed the man walking nearby. He then hurried towards him, though the other members in the cavern, and opened up the box for him to see it's contents. He knew that Aguust would need a lot more than he did and, at first, he'd been unsure of how to measure all that out. Then he realized he wrapped up August's wounds often enough that he could just record the length of it after taring it all out one day and go by that. He made sure to give it a little extra room just in case he wanted to loosen or tighten it in any particular way but, based on his measurements, it should fit well enough.  —A GREAT HONOR TO HOLD YOU UP

"SPEECH"

Re: Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white - →AUGUST← - 05-15-2018

The deer's ears raised at Jacob's call, dim gaze turning to focus on the dog. He tilted his head slightly, something for him? That was nice, he wondered what it was. August would turn to fully face Jacob, head lowering to look at what was in the box. He was quiet for a long moment as he took it in before he began to speak, "These are very nice, Jacob. For my injury? They are pretty, it is very.. Thoughtful? Yes, thoughtful of you to make this."

August didn't really mind the wound much; it didn't cause him pain and sometimes he'd even forget it was there, especially because he'd been covering the bandages from before with the scarf that Pierce had given him upon his first appearing here. It did tend to stink, though, and really, plain bandages were boring when you had to wear them all the time. The designs on the bandages had the deer feeling something he hadn't felt in a while, even before his death. It really did touch his heart to know that someone cared enough to go through the trouble of making something with personalised details like the suns and marigolds on the bandages.

"Thank you very much. Did you make them all yourself?"

"SPEECH"

Re: Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white - jacob w.c. - 05-15-2018

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO LOVE — Jacob gave the deer a wide smile, nodding as he watched his reaction. He seemed to like them, that was good. He'd tried to remember if the cervid had mentioned anything he liked and Jacob thought these were appropriate. He also had decided to give him two sets in case he needed to switch them out to wash different ones. "Yes! I thought it'd be nice ta' 'ave somethin' ta' cover it so ya' wouldn' get nothin' in it," the husky answered. At his question, Jacob would nod once again. "Yeah! It wasn' any trouble, though. I make 'em for myself all the time n' the stitchin' is real relaxin', I think. See? The ones I got on righ' now got blue jay feathers all over 'em. My Ma made 'em all decorative for me jus' before she passed away n' I thought it'd be nice ta' give someone else somethin' like that. I ain't as good at it as she is but I still think I do a pretty good job," he confirmed. He paused a moment before he seemed to remember something else, "Oh! I measured 'em out based on the normal bandages we used n' I gave 'em a li'l wiggle room jus' in case. If they're too small, jus' tell me. Ya' can wrap 'em as much as ya' need to so them bein' too big shouldn' be a problem."  —A GREAT HONOR TO HOLD YOU UP

"SPEECH"

Re: Skies of blue //open+august needed // clouds of white - →AUGUST← - 05-17-2018

August nodded along as Jacob spoke, gaze focused on him to make sure it was clear that he cared about what Jacob was saying. "It is very useful, and I am impressed. You are talented. You did not have to, but I am very grateful that you made these with.. designs that would make me happy." The deer began to move to lie down, carefully pulling the sun patterned one out.

"Can you help put them on? I would like to wear them right away."

"SPEECH"