Beasts of Beyond
THE LOVELIEST LIES OF ALL ; ooc promt, open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: THE LOVELIEST LIES OF ALL ; ooc promt, open (/showthread.php?tid=1318)

THE LOVELIEST LIES OF ALL ; ooc promt, open - Beatrice - 05-13-2018

[div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"][align=center]⋆⋆⋆
It had been some time since Beatrice had fallen under the beast's spell because of Adelaide and her own misguidance. How long it had been exactly she could not say, but she knew it had been too long. And while she was compelled by him to do his bidding (she believed she wanted to do it), she had recently discovered an odd emotion coursing through her. It was something that left a bitter taste in her mouth and a sour feeling in her stomach.

It felt like all this soul harvesting was wrong. And she hated that feeling. She was doing this to get her friends back; she wasn't doing anything inherently wrong, was she? No, she couldn't be. She didn't know these people anyway. She didn't care about the lives she was stealing or those she was affecting by destroying their loved ones. No, she didn't care.

She didn't care.

She didn't care.

Or did she? These thoughts had recently plagued her mind before sleep, and they haunted her in the day. She did not doubt that this was because she had begun to get close to Lil. God, she wished she had not carried Lil's twin souls for a few days, absorbing their ideals in the process. Despite never wanting to get close to her victim, she was. And it hurt.

'Foolish, child. I warned you. I warned you about this task... I only hope you are able to complete it. I'd hate for you to never find your friends again. I though you would be stronger by now. Perhaps I can help. I always do, after all.'

His words fell into her mind, and she visibly sank within herself. Visions of her victims popped into her mind's eye - the beast's doing. She cursed him silently, but she would not deny the tears beginning to manifest in her eyes. Why was this happening? God, why was this happening?

The red heeler inhaled sharply, forcing the tears to flee, to go back to wherever they came from. She didn't want to mourn those she had to kill to find her friends. She only wanted to mourn Greg and Wirt and the idea that she would never see them again.

[b]"This is so dumb," she growled, shaking her head. Her tears were gone now, and all that remained was bitterness in her heart.
[color=#D87921][b]
[color=#D87921][b]

Re: THE LOVELIEST LIES OF ALL ; ooc promt, open - Ilijas - 05-16-2018

[color=gray]▴ ▴ ▴
In a past life, Ilijas had killed many to sate a beast of his own- one that manifested in the form of his younger brother. He was constantly tasked with cleaning up his messes but, ever the doting brother, did so with little to no complaint, ripping hearts out as nonchalantly as one would stretch their limbs or groom themselves. The young man couldn't recall his past though and thus knew nothing of the monster he had grown to represent all for the sake of his family. Instead, he merely saw himself as a disoriented youth struggling to regain the memories that had fled him. There was nothing murderous behind his reserved smiles and polite nods- if anything, there was a silent appreciation for the life he lived, as confusing as it was.

He had met Beatrice once before and, usually a good read of character, found himself unable to truly vouch for what kind of person she was. Like him, she appeared to be a natural enigma and ever curious to understand the world and those around him, he found himself drawn to her like a moth to a flame. However emotionally hardened he might be, his expression still softened with concern as he heard her statement, lips twisting into a thin frown. [b][color=gray]"What's dumb?" He prompted, a metaphorical brow rising. He wondered if he could consider her an acquaintance or if they were still technically strangers. Regardless, she was a clanmate of his now and he would of course express worry in response to her current state. 

Re: THE LOVELIEST LIES OF ALL ; ooc promt, open - Beatrice - 05-19-2018

[div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"][align=center]⋆⋆⋆
Ilijas' words might have caught Beatrice off guard once, but she would not allow it to happen again. Her defenses were raised, and she was paying close attention to all her surroundings. The Beast had told her she needed to work on this skill. She need to be better if she were to find her friends. She needed to be so much better. She was never enough. Never enough... She frowned. Not good enough as a human, not good enough as a bluebird, not good enough as a red heeler.

[b]"I don't know, Ilijas," she mumbled, voice soft, carrying an unknown emotion. Her eyes skirted her surroundings, and they refused to land on the male. She did not want to make eye contact with anyone while in a moment of weakness. The canine was stronger than this. Emotions made her weak. Beatrice was not weak. She couldn't be. "I've just been having dumb thoughts lately, you know?"

Her final words were spoken in laughter - it was fake, but anyone listening would not be able to tell. Ever the actress, she had a knack for fooling others. She offered Ilijas a small smile while she shook her head for added effect. [color=#D87921][b]"I don't know. I think I'm homesick or something."