Beasts of Beyond
opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] (/showthread.php?tid=13109)

opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - Atticus Roux - 10-29-2020

With time, Atticus realized how his mother's arrival and rough departure were both traumatic but somehow with good spirit. After her death, the kitten ran to The Pitt to seek out something new and indulge in his wild side, almost acting out because of his trauma. Now Moth was back though. Things were different. Yellow hues opened up to the world's changes. The Pitt was once his stability after his family fell into shambles, but now his mother was back and Sweeney remained one of his best friends. Their presence gave him new hope. Extroverted and greedy, he wanted to gain the feeling of inclusion. How though? After some light thinking, the male realized his surname was valuable. Rouxs were within most of the groups, prominently within The Typhoon. They could provide him with new relations and he could finally reach out to his long lost family that he once chose to ignore. Not only this, he could head home for once. Without any burden too. Invigorated, he begun to pack.

With a leather satchel wrapped around his waist, the male wandered to the edge of the jungle and turned his back to the desert. Golden eyes stared into it's depths. He was going to miss this place, even if he wasn't going to be gone for long. A sigh left him. His body turned out and he shifted. Atticus' paw hesitantly twitched forward, ready to leave, but paused. He couldn't leave without a goodbye, especially to those close to him. 

Feeling too guilty to write a not, he let out a short yell. "I'm going out for awhile to visit the other groups and stay within Tanglewood with my mother for awhile," Atticus remarked. "I'll be back soon though!" He wasn't sure on a specific time frame, but it shouldn't be too long. Maybe a few days? Traveling would wear him down, especially with his recent injuries, but the tabby truly felt like he needed to get away. The ongoing bickering within The Pitt didn't help either. Perhaps the two supposed enemies would fight over leadership while he was gone (if Gael offered).

"See you soon." And with that, he walked off into the desert. Atticus wouldn't argue if anyone followed him on his adventure or caught up to chat though.
THE ONE IN FRONT OF THE GUN LIVES FOREVER
DREAMS OF LIVING LIFE
© LEXASPERATED

Re: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - trojan g. - 10-29-2020

When Moth had shown up at the border that fateful day, here to see her son, Sweeney had known it was only a matter of time before her best friend left to go back home. They had found eachother when they were in different clans, and although he had stated that he would be back, the kitsune couldn't help but feel a little betrayed by his sudden leaving, and couldn't help but see it as coming full circle.

Ears pinned to her head when she had heard the shout, and at first the female was tempted to just sulk in her own little home, but finally, she decided against it. She had to be supportive for Atticus, she had to make sure he knew that he would be welcomed back when he came back, even if it was only from just herself.

Running over to the border, Sweeney quickly aimed to bump into Atticus's side, smile on her maw as she did so, a playful little bump to make sure he knew that she was there, that she would see him off. "Promise me you'll be safe, okay? Come back if anything happens, come back home." She didn't like the idea of telling her friend to run away from trouble, but he was a Pittian, even if he'd been born in another group, and the troubles of other groups were not his problem.
THERE ARE RULES AND THERE ARE STRICTURES

Re: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - Atticus Roux - 10-29-2020

Atticus continued on through the desert. Although it was a short distance, he already felt accomplished and ready to venture out into the wild like he used as a child. Something stopped him though. Feeling a sharp bump against his side, the male reeled back. Pain rolled through his body. "RIBS! Ribs..." he yelped, but his yellow hues softened as they noticed Sweeney's colorful being. The feline's maw pulled up into a subtle smile. It was good to see her. After all, this would be the last time they would see each other before he went on his scavenger hunt.

"Hey..." His whisper was soft, almost guilty. He felt like his leave would be disparaged, especially when he hadn't said much to Sweeney. Luckily, she showed up. "I promise I'll be safe for you." He attempted to playfully nuzzle at her neck in reassurance. His head came back up to look her in the eyes. "I'll be back, don't worry. I wouldn't leave you hanging." A short laugh left him. Loss was not a joke, but his morbid humor kept him afloat.

Yellow eyes deeply stared into hers, hoping they would connect. His chest thumped anxiously. Doubt swelled in his head, but he knew this is what he wanted to do. "You do the same, okay?" Atticus' head craned. His gaze widened, hoping she'd agree. Until she answered, he hesitated to go and felt as if he was missing something. There was so much he wanted to say.... but how? Words trailed off as he tried to speak again and ended up flustered, eyes returning to the floor. 'I love you...' Maybe Atticus needed time to think things over again. Sweeney could just be his attachment because he hyperfixated on coming to The Pitt. Her feelings weren't guaranteed to match his either. His heart was confident but his mind thought otherwise, causing the usually confident cat to grow unsure of himself.

Swallowing, he returned his eyes back up to hers. "You need to stay safe too," he reiterated. 'Please.' Atticus tried to rub underneath her chin with his head again in hopes of her agreeing.
THE ONE IN FRONT OF THE GUN LIVES FOREVER
DREAMS OF LIVING LIFE
© LEXASPERATED

Re: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - trojan g. - 10-29-2020

As the cry that came from Atticus left the boy's maw, Sweeney's ears pinned to her head and her eyes widened as she remembered that her friend was injured. "Shit, I'm sorry Atti!" The girl would speak out, sheepish grin on her maw as she did so. Head pressed towards Atticus's head as he nuzzled her neck, and had Sweeney been a cat, she would have purred in that moment.

When Atticus spoke back towards her with his own request, she would step back, looking towards him, grin on her maw. "Of course I'll be safe, I promise." She would offer, "Besides, what mess can I get into that I haven't gotten into already?" Atticus and some other members of the Pitt were no strangers to how Sweeney had acted when she was a child, and still acted to this day. She had grown, of course, but there were still some attributes to her personality that were more than unpleasant to some. When Atticus had rubbed underneath her chin with his head, Sweeney would just attempt to lay her chin on his head for a moment, a sigh leaving her as she did so. "I promise." She would state once more, "Besides, if I need you or get into trouble, all I gotta do is moo, remember?"
THERE ARE RULES AND THERE ARE STRICTURES

Re: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - j a c k . - 10-30-2020

The small frame of the Imperator stalked closer, winter in his gaze somewhat warm as he noted Atticus' bags. It was, expected. Where in Jack had wanted to do something similar when he found the life of his brother in the typhoon, it was... hard to do so, with such tensions between the clan. Even still Jack felt hesitant, and the fact that his little brother had yet to either halted him. Family was... It was always there and he reassured his own self on that reliance even now, knowing others had that same connection outside of the clan only made him more proud to call them part of the Pitt.

The Pitt was no longer war-wanting, or at least, less so now than it was before. Beside he had known Atticus since he had joined, and watching the other reunite with their mother had shown just how much he had to loose: everyone had a reason for peace, it would seem. Some just didn't want to fight family, and that was something they had in common.

"Atticus," He called, hopefully before the other could think of leaving so soon. "Be careful,"  he didn't want to call to attention the fact that they were being head-hunted still. The fact that they were of the Pitt meant something, more so than disdain, but a polarizing hate still. "there are still those that would see you dead for just claiming this place home"

[glow=#add8e6,2,300]I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO[/glow]

[glow=#add8e6,2,300]AND SAW IT THROUGH WITHOUT EXEMPTION[/glow]

Re: opportunity - [OPEN, leaving] - aine. - 10-31-2020

[table][tr][td]
AINE NÍ BROIN
FLESHWEAVER
FAE DRUID
INFORMATION
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: palatino; color: #2e8b57; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]I'LL C[color=#36829c]OME BACK WHEN YOU CALL ME
Leaving?  The petite deer-fox paused, ears perking in momentary confusion.  Visiting... But.  Aine trotted over, hazel hues flickering in concern as she fell into step besides Jack.  "At-Atticus."

"Ple-please be careful.  Don't- don't push yourself too hard, okay?" If he felt confident... If he felt sure he could make it to Tanglewood, she'd trust him.  But she'd still worry.  He was still a patient.

"Ple-please remember to take breaks 'an rest."
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI