Beasts of Beyond
Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding (/showthread.php?tid=12959)

Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding - SirDio - 10-09-2020

Chernabog

It took her only a little more than a week to really complete the rite. Three days and nights scenting down her chosen target, three more days and nights to stalk it once she found it, and two days and nights tiring the animal out. Her target of choice? A Desert Bighorn Ram. Then two of them. Then finally eight. Eight bighorns in a single herd. She was going to have fun. She was a dragon, no? A powerful beast of hard hide, fiery breath, snapping teeth, menacing claws? The more skulls for her, the better. And besides, bighorn skulls looked amazing.

Scenting and following her prey wasn't tough. She covered a great amount of distance. Only at night, where the ram couldn't see her against the night sky, did she fly after them. During the day she moved along the ground, distant from the herd, far from their sight. It was a tiring process, but years of her young life was trained to hunt larger beasts, who bore shields growing from their skulls and long spikes from their heads. She was prepared.

Tiring the rams was just play to the dragon. One by one, she wounded them, kept them wounded together until they were weak and tired. That second night was full of fire. She skinned them, took their skulls and a shoulder blade from the largest, eldest one. She threw the rest of their bodies into the fire and cleaned the skulls and shoulder blade. She sang herself songs around the cooking meat, then ate the meat until she felt full, then set the rest aside within the rams' skins.

She slept until noon, and when she woke up she decided that eight skulls was too much. So she left two at the burn pile, sitting atop it in a way that proclaimed a successful hunt. Wrapping up the skulls in ram skins, she picked the mass up delicately with her talons, and picked up the meat in her jaws. Powerful wings pushed her into the air, and, though sacrificing three more skulls to gravity, the flight to the jungle was relatively smooth.

Landing at the border of the jungle, she dropped her findings and let out a roar to the sky. "Fellow pittians! I have returned from my rite, come to me so I may share my food with you!" It was odd of her to be generous, but she wanted to see how people would respond to the two swaddled up masses of Ram skins and the scent of cooked food.

tl:dr// Cherna spends eight days on her rite, hunting a herd of eight desert bighorns. She takes the skulls and a shoulder blade, then leaves two skulls at her burn pile. While flying home she drops three more skulls. She returns to the jungle and calls for others to join her for food.

Re: Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding - j a c k . - 10-12-2020

Jack remembers his own rite- of of the first to do it beyond silent and worm- both well gone now- can remember vaguely the ardent that had put it in place, and Jack was so eager to provehimself then. Now watching another step into the plate and disappear from the clan entirely only to return with food, with the want to be welcomed and the proof of their own merit.

"Chernabog," The kodkod was the first to approach, but he knew he wound's be the last. "Welcome back, and congratulations on the Rite" There were days that Jack only scarcely remembered the small pond of prickled water. How insects flocked to taste and die, Jack fed himself on nothing more than scraps on his own week out in the desert. Coming back with the rattler's skull that now hung loosely adorned with multi-colored fangs dipped red, ivory, white.

For the moment Jack did not participate in the offer of food, instead looking towards the bundle of fur's and skulls the dragon had brought forth. Skulls, it made sense- considering their own larger form would take a good deal to armor up. "I take you're week was better than my own was, hmm?" the other had not been there to witness Jack on the threadbare of sense, where the edge of savagery hallowed inside his eyes, but it didn't take much implications to put that thought in another. Jack's hadn't been pleasant and it was heartening to see other's had fared better. 
[glow=#add8e6,2,300]I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO[/glow]

[glow=#add8e6,2,300]AND SAW IT THROUGH WITHOUT EXEMPTION[/glow]

Re: Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding - SirDio - 10-13-2020

Chernabog

An ugly grin stretched across the dragon's face, well-meaning but looked devilish upon her features, as Jack approached. She unfolded the bundles of fur, revealing the skulls and shoulder blade. A bit of boasting. "Hello, Jack. Thanks." She nodded to him, noticing the way the kodkod carried himself. A pang of sympathy echoes in her throat, becoming a simple chuff. "It has been good for me, yes. What about your week? You sound tired to me." She was genuinely curious about his week. Cherna was curious about anyones week when she was gone for so long.

Re: Build God, Then We'll Talk -- Returning From The Blooding - VALE - 10-23-2020

[align=center]
graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ winged jaguar
The scent of roasted flesh calls to Vale’s primitive instincts, and the crow zooms to the scene like a bat out of hell—or a bat into hell, depending on the particular bat in question. “So! Much! Food!” Vale caws, circling ahead. The crow caws again, unintelligibly, and dives down to join Jack and Chernabog on the ground.

Vis body shakes and rattles, bones popping and crackling. Vale’s beak shatters, dropping off vis face to the soft sand. The face beneath bleeds raw and red until black fur layers over the weeping skin. The feathers become matted, clumping to oozing black puss, as the crow contorts and grows. Fur grows over the muscular body, and the wings crack and shift to Vale’s back.

The winged jaguar stands up. Alternating lifting and shaking each paw, the wrists and toes pop, pop, pop. “Ah, Jack the Snack, sorry to hear about your week. You are much too interesting to suffer from boredom or other nuisances. Hahaha, same to you, Cherna’o’clock!” One red eye winks, left then right, to each of them in turn. They could both see Vale winking at the other, because Vale believes in transparent authenticity.

Grease and fat oozes out of Vale’s chosen bighorn sheep, and the menace swiped vis grey tongue over vis teeth. “I believe the ardent’s supposed to prepare a feast for you, but I’d like to see anyone out do ya here! What a beautiful char. I suppose that’s elemental fire for ya!”
YOU NEVER TRUSTED ME ★
BUT I’M OVER IT NOW
[sub][W]isker[/sub]