Beasts of Beyond
my hearts exposed >> learning to make glass - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: my hearts exposed >> learning to make glass (/showthread.php?tid=12908)

my hearts exposed >> learning to make glass - teef - 09-30-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: tumblr_podjm9hxLd1vd3h2u_540.gif]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting delilah evergarden & halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, and laeglin. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette.
[/td][/tr][/table]
curious was the heat that twisted and flashed across sand, ever intriguing the shape of heated sand blown to bizarre structure. twas not the first time that the dragon had encountered this, stumbling across the bizarre twisting shapes reaching towards the sky, tiny fingers and arms ever reaching and grabbing at the storms above. set free, petrified by sand and it's own heat, the lightning became a piece of gaia, a piece of action frozen forever in time. such things they had accidentally made of their own, before while sick when discovering their ability to wield lightning, such lightning had created obtuse and alien structures, something they had known as a child.

such things caught the curiosity of the entity, and therefore, it must be researched and shared. returning to the inn, the jaguar bodied kingpin carried a piece of petrified lightning, gently setting it down upon one of the tables of the lobby, ears and nose twitching as they set about finding books on how the structure came to be, ever curious and hungry for knowledge. rumbling softly, the jaguar settled down to read, finding an interesting subject; the art of making glass. this was something that they would dare to try to do, to create their own glass. they knew now that sand was needed to procure such a dramatic outcome. perhaps, this glass that they learned to make, would be of aid to the group in it's repairs to buildings that had lost window panes. the hearth was lit against the chill slowly taking the territory and they were grateful for the warmth of it against their dark furred body as they came and left, gathering supplies that they would need. finally ready, they sat down and spoke to the curious onlookers, "come, i'm trying out making glass. feel free to join me should it intrigue you." they murmured as they set about poking the fire and adding wood.

Re: my hearts exposed >> learning to make glass - ¿¿ - 10-01-2020

Sam was near Bai when she made this strange announcement. "Make glass! Of couse I would help but I may need suggestions on how to do so. I think the birds would need to do most of the work since they have that dainty point for the tiny particles."

Re: my hearts exposed >> learning to make glass - teef - 10-05-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: tumblr_podjm9hxLd1vd3h2u_540.gif]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting delilah evergarden & halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, and laeglin. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette.
[/td][/tr][/table]
they chuckled softly, gaze amused as sam came to join them, rumbling warmly in greeting, "welcome, sam. glass making ... i didn't even dare try this so long ago ... it was all custom ordered and made.", they murmured, lost in their memories of the past before the jaguar shook their head. smiling, they turned their gaze back to their supplies, "the birds huh? interesting ... i could probably handle the heat of the fire best in my dragon form, my scales provide a bit more protection and from what i've read, it needs to be rotated and made to the shape that is desired? why don't we come up with some ideas of what we want to make?", well, this piece of glass or whatever it was going to be that they made ... it would be going into their hoard of course.

"first, we need to get our kiln going. luckily those long ago humans had such things ...", they murmured quietly as they gazed around the inn, shaking their head wordlessly. "we also need potash and limestone, which i've brought in and got ready to use. this will be tricky ... but a lot of fun, yeah?", they murmured softly as they thought. it likely would not come out as clearly as they hoped, but hey, it was going to be fun.