Beasts of Beyond
I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary (/showthread.php?tid=12854)

I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-22-2020

[glow=white,1,400]LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH AGAIN !。+゚.[/glow]
Vigenere had briefly left the town to do his own thing, while Rosemary traded goods with his clanmates. He had no worry about Rosemary being left in the middle of her camp; she was an ally, after all. And besides, if something were to happen, he was sure someone would come fetch him. Thankfully though, nothing seemed to have gone wrong and Vigenere made his way back to town after a couple of hours had passed.

"Rosemary, are you still here?" The Luminary called for the four-eyed witch, his ears pricked for the sound of her voice.

[member=1130]rosemary[/member] [glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - ROSEMARY - 09-22-2020

[align=center]
THERE’S VACANCY IN EVERY NIGHTMARE

Rosemary’s ears twitched as she heard her name called. She finished saying fairwell to a Tangler—one eager to trade for her moonshine, once Rosemary explained the experimental addition of apples into the mix—and pulled her satchel over her shoulder. Without the bottles, it fit on her shoulder much better, and only Suvi’s book weighed it down.

“Still here,” she said, softly. The ocelot walked over to him, her forked tail flicking erratically.

The four eyed witch blinked. Though her expression remained as emotionally muted as ever, she enjoyed her little trip to the swamp. The people had greeted her warmly, and she had enjoyed trading for the little bobs and ends currently in her satchel.

“You mentioned, earlier, going for an herb gathering?” Rosemary’s top pair of eyes flickered to his crown-necklace, and she pointed at it with a paw. “Perhaps you can tell me about that while we’re walking. Jewelry like that that must be a pain to carry all the time. So. Why do you wear it?”
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-24-2020

[glow=white,1,400]LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH AGAIN !。+゚.[/glow]
It was funny how well Tanglewood and The Typhoon got along nowadays, considering when Vigenere had first joined, thw two were at each others necks. Granted, it was while Beck was leader and a lot had changed since then, so it was only a matter of time before The Typhoon either became allies or neutrals.

"We can go herb gathering, or just go on a regular stroll, it's whatever you prefer, honestly." Vigenere offered, before her question of his crown-necklace registered. He tilted his head, now faintly aware of how heavy it was; honestly most of the time, it didn't give him any troubles. "It doesn't bother me too much, believe it or not." Although that didn't mean it wasn't heavy by any means. Actually now that he thought about it... was it one of the reasons that got him captured?

Vigenere mentally shook the thought off, choosing to focus on Rosemary's question. "It was a gift from an old friend, to honor my leadership here. Whenever he was apart of Tanglewood, I only just joined." He laughed. "It's funny how time flies, huh? I can remember whenever Tanglewood and Typhoon were enemies whenever I joined, too."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - ROSEMARY - 10-06-2020

[align=center]
THERE’S VACANCY IN EVERY NIGHTMARE

“A regular stroll is enough. I often find the best and strangest things when my intentions are open,” Rosemary said. She started walking, the half-empty satchel bouncing against her shoulder. Her right ear flicked as she listened to Vigenere, and she scanned the marshy area as he spoke. She didn’t interrupt him.

Her nose twitched, and she altered course slightly. The smell of mint grew steadily stronger, until she stopped in front of a bushel of water mint and milkweed. Her orange-amber eyes narrowed as the plants shivered, until she telekinetically severed small pieces and floated them into waiting tins in her paws.

“Things only bother us once we decide they bother us. It seems that heavy thing is too sentimental to bother you–or, I suppose, it might bother you more to leave it behind.” She tapped the sapphire skull charm hanging off a gold earring. “This is much the same to me. Pincher gave it to me, long ago. Back when Tanglewoods and the Typhoon hated each other.”

The ocelot stood up and resumed the stroll. Her forked tails flicked as she looked up to the tree tops. “Time flies, indeed. I watched Goldie grow from a child to a capable leader, but I haven’t changed so much, myself, in that time. And the Typhoon is… different. Less testy, less hierarchical. I think it’s for the better.”

“Tanglewoods, though… I have never thought much of you lot, to tell the truth. I think I remember Beck and only him, as the face of a bunch of idiots who trap each other more than outsiders.”
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 10-15-2020

[glow=white,1,400]A MILLION MILES FROM HOME, I'M WALKING AHEAD !。+゚.[/glow]
Whenever Rosemary stopped to gather herbs, the savannah watched her with interest. Mostly due to not really knowing what she was getting or why - should he, as the leader, know some sort of basic herbal knowledge? Perhaps, but right now he didn't seem to have time to visit The Typhoon to talk to Roan or any other member of the Necro Mambas, although... Perhaps I can arrange something with Rosemary. He thought to himself, ears twitching slightly once the strange Typhooner started talking again.

Rosemary actually brought up a point; things didn't really start bothering a person until they let it. And since he had such a sentimental tie to this crown, perhaps that was why it didn't 'bother' him too much. It would make sense, after all. "Ah, Pincher. I vaguely remember him." Vigenere hummed in response. He didn't remember much of the canine, just that he was Goldenluxury's father and had been Captain when Tanglewood and Typhoon were enemies. Vigenere believed Pincher to be idiotic for housing Caesar but of course, how could he expect anyone to know what Caesar was capable of?

"Beck was a good kid, if not a bit impulsive." Almost like Caesar, ironically enough. Vigenere liked the Tanglewood founder, mostly because he saw Beck as someone he could influence, as opposed to Caesar - who was far too old to influence at his age. Beck was a ghost and didn't seem to age, sure, but that didn't mean Vigenere couldn't try and guide the kid in the right place. "He was a prankster for sure, but not very many of us were quite as determined to be like him. Which is a shame, because I remember Beck being extremely devoted to the traps and toying with others." And that's exactly where Tanglewood changed; once Beck was gone, they no longer focused on the trickster side of them.

"I'm hoping to change Tanglewood's absence with Typhoon. We haven't been the best of allies," Vigenere admitted with a sigh. "It's been rough, especially considering I wasn't exactly prepared to lead, but it is what it is." He shrugged. "I'm doing what I can to improve Tanglewood at the moment and I don't know exactly what direction I want to go right now."[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: I HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR // Rosemary - ROSEMARY - 11-02-2020

[Image: b8HzBLA.png]
Rosemary’s nose twitched at the flower’s pollen—she told herself this, but Vigenere’s dismissal of Pincher rubbed her the wrong way—and busied herself with adjusting her satchel. She began walking again, glancing at Vigenere occasionally. Usually, herb gathering was a solitary and meditative walk for her, but she liked having his company. Though she doubted she’d like to do this too often.

“The Tanglewoods is an absent ally? If that’s what you say. I don’t dabble much in politics, myself. There’s too much bullshit to wade through for the occasional useful tidbits.” She waded into a muddy pond, heading to a patch of crimson flowers on the other side. Rosemary snorted, gestured with a muddy paw to the puddle in question, and added, “I find this sort of ‘wading’ more enjoyable than politics. Too many opinions to keep track of. The only thing that concerns me is my own moral compass.”

She reached the other side and shook off her fur. Thankfully, the pond had been shallow—little more than a long puddle, really—and she sat down next to the cardinal flowers to extract a few for her herb collection. “But if you’re happy with your progress, then more power to you. I don’t think anyone in the Typhoon has it out for Tanglewoods, anyway.”
roleplayed by axiom + template © star