Beasts of Beyond
SO TEACH AND TELL ME || Visiting Snowbound - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: SO TEACH AND TELL ME || Visiting Snowbound (/showthread.php?tid=12736)

SO TEACH AND TELL ME || Visiting Snowbound - ATBASH CIPHER. - 09-09-2020

ATBASH CIPHER
But I found in you what was lost in me !
After leaving Elysium, Atbash found herself making her way towards the old Snowbound camp. It was almost an automatic thing, with her just wanting to get as far away from Elysium as possible; the demoness hadn't originally planned to come back to her former home. But as she trudged through the cold territory, Atbash started to recognize
the trees that dotted the landscape. They've grown back! The last time she had been here, Snowbound had been in flames; and it seemed after two years, the trees were finally starting to recover.

Heart fluttering, Atbash pushed on and allowed herself to walk through the terrain that she had known for so long. There was no sign of anyone living here recently and although she was relieved she wouldn't be attacked, Atbash was sad to see the group that had welcomed her with open arms was now deserted. Atbash had been there to witness Snowbound's fall firsthand, and it was heart-wrenching to remember how she was practically forced to watch her tribe fade away.

Oh, Jacob... Atbash was tearing up at the name of the leader that left her in charge of Snowbound. I'm so sorry... She promised him that she would make things better and it ended up being far from the truth. She blinked, trying to clear away the tears from her good eye. I wish I could have done more to save Snowbound. Truly, she did... but when the group was so small, there was only so much that could be done. And in a way, Atbash felt like she was at fault for Snowbound's demise; she was their Hailcaller, their leader... Shouldn't she have done more to make sure it stayed around? Was Snowbound destined to fail, or could she have tried harder to protect it?

Reaching the camp, Atbash stopped in her tracks after feeling a wave of nostalgia fill her. She had made so many memories here, good and bad, and to see the place in shambles due to the flames hurt her. It reminded her of how she had fled to Snowbound in the first place after Caesar destroyed their home in just the same way, and although she wasn't entirely aware that her brother also was behind the flames that ruined Snowbound, Atbash couldn't help but feel reminded of how both of her home were ruined by fire. Ironic, isn't it?

If there was one good thing that came out of the events before Snowbound's demise, it would have been when Stryker took over. Despite Stryker ripping out her eye, Atbash learned from him not to be spineless; his takeover taught her that she was much stronger than what she gave herself credit for, and Atbash felt a little bit of pride in being able to take Snowbound back from the lion's cruel reign. It was hard coping with only one eye, but Atbash had still be able to defeat Stryker and take Snowbound back - would she have ever learned to be more confident if he had never done anything? It was the reason, she realized, that she even stood up to Hani and Alani like she did; would she had done that if Stryker's takeover never happened?

Atbash shook her head, frowning. As much as I loved it here... She thought to herself. Dwelling on the memories won't help this place. I loved Snowbound but the tribe is no more. It's better to leave it rest. Better for her emotionally and mentally, that is. Even though she felt happy visiting her old tribe, Atbash couldn't help but be reminded of its downfall - and that was damaging to her, especially when she blamed herself for it. With one final glance back at the camp she once knew, Atbash began making her way out of Snowbound's old territory and down the mountain it stayed on.

Where would she go? Truthfully, Atbash wasn't sure herself. Although she knew Vigenere had been apart of Tanglewood once, she had no idea if her eldest brother had returned to the clans just as she did. Plus, she had no desire to live in a swamp; she preferred the cold over anything, which was a shame considering Elysium was perfect for what she was looking for (and so was Snowbound) - but she wasn't going to stay somewhere where the leader talked down to their clan. I'll just be a traveler, then. Atbash decided. I'll go wherever I please, wherever my paws take me.
bio | female | elysite of the elysium
© madi