Beasts of Beyond
i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly (/showthread.php?tid=1268)

i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - BASTILLEPAW - 05-12-2018

[div style="background-color: white; width: 100%; font-family: Georgia; color: #576a6e; text-align: center; margin: auto"]BASTILLEPAW AURELIUS  ✧
the ascendants — kuiper corporal — tags
[div style="line-height: 110%; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; color: black; padding-top: 10px; font-family: Georgia; text-size: 6pt"]
He found her on a patrol.

Well, perhaps it was better to say that she found him; Bastille was skirting the border that afternoon, idly noting that the weather was getting better and better, when the thundering of hoofbeats caught his attention. The bengal glanced up, immediately tracking the blur of an unfamiliar aura, but by the time he had located her she was already there. Bast stood still and watched with an arched from as a jet black Arabian filly came crashing out of the trees, prancing around him in elated circles with a toss of his head.

"Easy," he muttered, finding himself trapped in her little ring as she whinnied and... showed off? Yeah, Bast got the impression that she was showing him her gait, and he watched in idle amusement as she sped up a little bit. She held him captive there for a few more minutes before she came to an abrupt stop and dropped her head to stare at him. Bast stared back, waiting to see what she would do now, and she nudged him with her muzzle. "Hi," he greeted with a hint of a smirk, before he took a few steps towards the Observatory.

As it turned out, she was following him. That first test confirmed it, and as they got closer to the camp, the filly didn't seem to be going any where. She pranced after him in delight, occasionally speeding up to pass him before looking back to make sure he was still there and letting him catch up. Now that he had finally figured out how to work on the bunker, he figured he could make her a stall by Arion, or something. Maybe the colt needed a friend, anyway.

Bast wasn't sure how long this filly was going to stick around, but he was amused, and it wasn't like the Ascendants were going to turn her away. "Come on, it's not that scary," he murmured as he kept the door open for her, waiting as the filly's ears flicked and her tail swished behind her. After a beat she pranced through the doorway, and Bast noted that she was still small enough to get through. Once she was in, she stood for a moment before prancing around the Circle, evidently thrilled to have more people to show off to.

Re: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - Character Graveyard. - 05-12-2018

LUNAFREYA N.F.
✯ — take these broken wings and learn to fly
space
It had been quite a surprise when Hazel had joined with Arion. But she had gotten used to seeing the young female and her Colt wandering around the territory. But the serval wasn't excepting to see another horse around.

The female would stare in mild amusement as the young filly pranced around him and she decided to stay silent though a smile had formed on the female's maw.
space
✯ — Luna. The Ascedants. Easy. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - Margaery - 05-12-2018

[color=#b14767] ❁  ❁  ❁
Margaery's mother had been in possession of a horse a dreadfully long time ago. She had never met the thing of course, but Caroline had detailed her companionship with the equine in one of her journals that had been left to the chocolate point before the Mikaelson's collapsed upon themselves. She had always enjoyed reading the stories (typically funny ones at that) concerning their adventures and imagining what it would have been like growing up alongside the pretty mare. When Hazel had joined and brought Arion with her- she had been ecstatic.

She was even more so now as her stormy gaze fell upon Bastillepaw and the obsidian filly.

[color=#b14767]"What's her name, dearie?" She inquired with genuine interest, nearing the trio with a smile. She had never struck Bast to be the type to befriend a horse of all things, but here he was, defying her expectations. [color=#b14767]"And where did you find her?" She had other questions as well but for the sake of not overwhelming the newly formed pair, Margaery kept them to herself. She was content merely staring amiably at the Arabian filly for now.

Re: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - ★ HAZEL - 05-12-2018

WHEN MY HEART IS MADE FROM GOLD AND FORGIVENESS SEEMS TOO BOLD
Hazel’s head shot up at the sound of hooves clopping against the metal flooring in the Circle. Her first thought was that it might be Arion, who she didn’t really want prancing around the observatory without her supervision. With the wires and clutter and things spread out over the surface area, she didn’t want him hurting himself or others on accident.

Setting down what she was working on, Hazel hurried out her door, Arion’s name on the tip of her tongue and worry beating hot in her veins. But instead of the usual creamy golden buckskin coat she was used to seeing, a coal black one met her eyes. There was another foal in the observatory, and Hazel quite literally didn’t know what to do with herself.

The filly was a beauty, with a shiny obsidian overcoat and a lifted flag of a tail. She had a gorgeous prancing gait that looked a little more like boasting than skill, which had Hazel thinking Arabian.

She didn’t have time to ask questions before a shrill, high pitched whinny pierced her ears. Hazel was about to call for someone to shut the door, but it was far too late as Arion came barreling through, probably having spotted the filly from a distance. He approached the newcomer with little preamble, head held high and proud. He leaned forward, nipping at the filly’s mane, trying to get her to play, and that was when Hazel interjected.

Dimitte! Arion, leave her alone - Deus, you’re so rude.” She bounded across the floor, skidding to a halt and pushing at her colt’s legs. He obeyed for the most part, letting Hazel nudge him a few feet away with a complaining snort, but didn’t leave.

“Bastille, she’s gorgeous. Do you know the breed?” She asked, turning to the boy.

(rushed bc apparently im leaving?? jfc)
— hazel — "speech" — seven months — the ascendants — tags
c) miithers

Re: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - Warringkingdoms - 05-12-2018

[font=trebuchet ms]The tapping of hoofsteps against the observatory floor drew Warringkingdoms' attention away from the entrance to the underground complex, her eyes widening as they located the horse and its apparent master. She thought she recalled seeing a light-colored colt outside, but this foal was different, with fur even darker than her own. "I've heard of animal magnetism, but this is ridiculous," she remarked, glancing down at Bastillepaw with brows raised. "I might have to learn your secrets sometime."

Right then, however, the other colt crashed in. Watching the ensuing chaos and Hazel's valiant attempts to still it, Rin chuckled in spite of herself. So the male's name was Arion, and Hazel was his master- that would be useful to remember. The idea of an animal taming another animal was somewhat strange, but perhaps it was common in this region, and either way the institution didn't seem to be harmful to either party.

Re: i've tasted time, i've wasted breath | open + filly - BASTILLEPAW - 05-12-2018

[div style="background-color: white; width: 100%; font-family: Georgia; color: #576a6e; text-align: center; margin: auto"]BASTILLEPAW AURELIUS  ✧
the ascendants — kuiper corporal — tags
[div style="line-height: 110%; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; color: black; padding-top: 10px; font-family: Georgia; text-size: 6pt"]
Distractedly, he noticed his mentor nearby, but he only nodded to her in greeting before his attention was back on the filly. She had trotted back over to him and was leaning her head down to stare at him, as if silently demanding to know why he wasn't providing her with all of his attention. Bastille grinned at her in amusement, and murmured, "Oh, my bad. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to pay attention to anyone else." The filly snorted in his face and then went back to prancing around, investigating various other members and vying for their attentions. She was, frankly, ridiculous.

"Uh--" he stumbled, blinking at Margy in response to her first question. Her name? She wasn't exactly his, or at least Bastille hadn't made that immediately conclusion -- sure, she was following him around, but Bast had assumed that she would carry on her own way at some point. She wasn't his, though as he watched her give little hops and show off, he realized that he wouldn't mind if she stayed. And even if she left, what was the harm in naming her? After a beat, he supplied, "Octavia, I guess." A flicker of amusement. "Really, she found me. She just came out of no where on the border."

He glanced up at the thundering of hooves, and Octavia froze while staring in the same direction with intrigue. Bastille already knew it was Arion; the colt was always high energy and excitable, and that was over other animals. He took a step back, anticipating the flurry of movement as the Thoroughbred made his appearance and bolted for Octavia, and rolled his eyes when the filly started to prance in place in response to the attention. She was practically preening, though she ducked away from his nip -- her mane was, after all, flawless.

"She's more of a princess than you are," Bast muttered, shooting a smirk towards Hazel as she tried to reign Arion back in. Her question brought his attention back up to Octavia, and there was a pause as he considered. He was sure Grimm had the response buried in there somewhere, and after a few moments of trying to filter through various memories and stories, he gave a shrug. "Dunno. Maybe an Arabian, I guess -- she's got the, uh, look." He didn't really know the practical terms for her dish nose or high tail, so he didn't try to explain it.

He glanced away at the sound of Rin's voice, and offered a shrug. "I don't know about that. Most animals hate me, I'm pretty sure," he drawled, a hint of that smirk returning before he looked back to Octavia. "I'm not really sure I have a choice with her, though. She's a bit of a stalker." The filly snorted at him, and then went back to reach her muzzle out to sniff delicately at Arion's mane.