Beasts of Beyond
I am returned to make amends // open+return // for all your injury - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: I am returned to make amends // open+return // for all your injury (/showthread.php?tid=1245)

I am returned to make amends // open+return // for all your injury - vellichor - 05-11-2018

//Maisie caught the guy that put her in an asylum during her past life, causing her death and leading the general public to believe she was insane when she wasn't. Be warned there are themes with stigmas against the mentally ill and homophobia because those are things Maisie had to struggle against in her previous life with this man in particular. She ends up freezing his soul and then collapses as she begins to weep.

Maisie was furious. She'd gone to find Mary. She hoped that the pirate was somewhere in this realm but, as usual, she'd come up empty handed. What she did find was the bastard that'd put her in Bedlam. Nickolas Issac Heartland. Today, billows of mist came from the sea and Maisie's usually misty figure was paired with another figure bearing the same pale coloration as her, though he wasn't manipulating any of the water around them. "Maisie! It is such a pleasure to see you again, it really is quite a surprise-"

"Because you assumed I would still be in that Hell where you locked me." The words were biting and angry. The usually peaceful ghost was clearly distressed. The water all around them seemed to be cooling by the second and she had pinned the man to the ground. "You should know better than anyone my unfinished business was nowhere near that place," she hissed. Suddenly, a veil of calm seemed to come over her and she released the canine, who stumbled to his paws. She turned from him and spoke before he had the opportunity, "You know, I did get papers there for quite some time. I saw you had a song commissioned for my sake. You professed your deep love for me. It was all very convincing. Maybe I would have fallen for it if I wasn't reminded of where you wrongfully put me each and every day. How did it go, again?" she questioned. Silence fell between the pair briefly before she soon began to sing a haunting melody, "Abroad as I was walking, one evening in the spring, I heard a maid in Bedlam, so sweetly for to sing. Her chains she rattled with her hands and thus replied she, 'I love my love because I know my love loves me.'" She let out a soft laugh now, chuckling and shaking her head when she looked back at him. He was speechless.

"When I read that, I thought maybe you had some remorse for me but then the second verse came. It could have only been written in malice." Shortly after that, she continued, "O cruel were her parents, who sent my love to sea, and cruel was the ship that bore my love from me. Yet I love her parents since they're her's, although they've ruined me. I love my love because I know my love loves me."

"It was 'his' parents, Maisie. Just as it should've been. You think-" 

"Of course it was, how silly of me. Yet that wasn't even the worst part. There was that bit closer to the end. The part where her love comes home from sea and greets her. No some in the papers wondered why you commissioned a song that references my love as a seafarer when you've never been on a boat a day in your life. But I knew. I always knew. It was the same reason that you put me in that wretched place when you knew well enough there was nothing wrong with me."

"Do you know who you've scarified all this time for? She was a pirate, nothing more, and not even a loyal one at that. Do you know how she died?" The feline remained entirely silent and the man sighed before continuing, "Giving childbirth. She died in pregnancy, Maisie. Someone who really loved you would've-"

"That doesn't matter! What you put me through is inexcusable. You weren't there! You have no idea what it was like, everything they did-" Maisie's calm down broke to one of near hysterics as tears welled in her eyes and a sob began to form in her throat. "They sold tickets to my former friends so they could watch the 'abnormal' in their cages. I begged them to save me but they only stared in wonder that someone like me could be in a place like that. They talked about getting better but there was nothing to get better. I was mourning, Nickolas. That is not abnormal, it is human and the way they treated me in there, I had little more value than the rats that bit me in my sleep," her voice shook in anger and emotion as she neared the canine who shrank away from the furious spirit. She took a deep breath and did her best to smile at him. "I would like for you to sing the next part of the song, Nickolas."

The man hesitated for a moment, before he began with a shaky voice, "With straw I'll weave a garland, I'll weave it very fine, with roses, lilies, daisies, I'll mix the eglantine; And I'll present it to my love when he returns from sea for I love my love because I know my love loves me. Just as she sat there weeping, her love, he came on land. Then hearing she was in Bedlam, he ran straight out of hand. He flew into her snow white arms and thus replied he..." As he neared the end, the loudest bit of the entire song, Maisie joined her voice with his and ice began to spread across his chest as she reached forward and touched him. "I love my love because I know my love loves me," she completed the phrase as his own voice was cut off and there was only a block of ice where he'd been standing. Once it was done, she looked over his figure before promptly collapsing into loud sobs. Even with this, even with preventing him from moving on, she still hadn't found her Mary. She was still alone and this had gained nothing. If she had thought life was cruel, it seemed death was determined to be even crueler.

and cruel was the ship that bore my love from me━

Re: I am returned to make amends // open+return // for all your injury - Beatrice - 05-12-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Singing. Ginger ears perked at the voices. One was male, and it sounded terrified, confused. The other was female and more angry than she had heard in a long, long while. Curiosity tugged at her mind, forcing her forward. She wanted to know just what the hell was happening.

Dark honey eyes widened in astonishment at the scene laid out before her. A feline sat weeping beside a canine, locked away in ice. If Beatrice's features looked as though she had seen a ghost, it was because she had. Maise was clearly a specter, and the red heeler could not fathom seeing phantoms in broad daylight. It chilled some part of her, and she half wondered if this was a former victim coming back to haunt her.

No, it couldn't be... could it?

"Uh... Miss?" the she-dog barked, taking a small step forward. "Are you okay?" Okay, dumb fucking question but still. It needed to be asked. Or Beatrice just needed a definite answer. God, she was so bad at these types of situations. "What happened here?" Her voice was gentle, for she didn't want to startle the ghost girl away. No, this was all way too interesting to screw up now.

"I'm Beatrice, by the way. Who're you?" Though Maise had joined the Typhoon before Beatrice, their paths had not crossed until this very moment in time. Bea supposed herself was to blame, for she had been gone for a few days. Still, better late than never to become acquainted, wasn't it?