Beasts of Beyond
will we ever incorporate more groups? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: will we ever incorporate more groups? (/showthread.php?tid=1231)

will we ever incorporate more groups? - skypher - 05-10-2018

This is probably more of a question just for the staff... hehe.

Will we though? The selection pool seems very shallow right now. Im not saying like. 25+ like some forums do. But like. maybe... like. one or two more? To broaden things out? There are so many culture types and terrains we can play with but are kinda limited to the four areas. Maybe it can be like old catsite where you had to make a "fan group" and once you got to like 1k posts you'd be rewarded a board or something?

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - Una. - 05-10-2018

Track. Maybe we could have a group that resides on a different planet & they have a portal to the earth?

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - MysteriouslyMaple - 05-10-2018

Track!

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - skypher - 05-10-2018

haha thats an idea. A bit farfetched but an idea. I'm sure someone could make it work if they dreamed hard enough c:

I was more thinking a oriental forest with a peace theme -w-

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - rakue - 05-11-2018

yes, we will absolutely be adding more groups in the future! however, currently it is not our main focus and i doubt it will be for a while: we want to stabilize our current groups and make them more diverse from each other, as even though we only have four groups currently they feel very similar in concept and roleplay. we also want new groups to have a story to them, a history, something that connects them with the other groups moving forward after their foundation (think back on ff, how skyclan was founded by prisoners that had escaped from elite; how boneclan was borne of a skullclan civil war; things of that nature). for that, we need a story for the world of bob, which we are working on, and a touch more ic progression, which is happening naturally!

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - skypher - 05-11-2018

that makes sense I suppose. It kinda sucks that we won't have more variety for a while but I can understand that. Will the staff have any interest in letting the user population help with writing the backstory and such? Also are they going for more of a actual back "story" or a general history?

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - tikki - 05-11-2018

tracking to keep up to date

Re: will we ever incorporate more groups? - rakue - 05-11-2018

yes, members will absolutely have a say in the lore of the site. im finishing up the skeleton now, and once the rest of staff approves it, it'll be put out for public viewing so people can give their two cents on it. obviously we aren't going to go through with anything people dislike.

ideally it'll be a genuine backstory, something that explains the clan, the land they live on, and how it all came to be in its current state