Beasts of Beyond
A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body (/showthread.php?tid=12027)

A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 06-07-2020

[glow=white,1,400]EVERY FEELING IN MY BONES TELLS ME TO LASH OUT AND TELL YOU TO FUCK OFF !。+゚.[/glow]
"Vigenere, your job is to go to the farm and check on the livestock - and kill a few of the healthy lookin' ones. Ya best believe me when I say that we're havin' a party after all this is done, and ya can't have a feast without some meat. I know this ain't really 'reconstruction', but we gotta kick back and relax after a laborious boatload of labour."

Now how the hell did Leroy think he was going to accomplish this with a broken paw? Well, luckily for the General, Vigenere had the ability to possess other animals - and while it was common knowledge (at least, for demons, he assumed) that most bodies retained their scars even when they possessed another. Which meant that although his paw was broken in his birth body, Vigenere could easily possess another body and be free of the pain. Now sure, Vigenere could stay in a separate body until his birth body healed, but truth be told Vigenere wasn't entirely comfortable in other species' bodies. Perhaps it was because he was so used to the savannah, or maybe it was simply because he didn't like how any other sort of body felt. But obviously if he was going to complete Leroy's task, he was going to have to get over it.

In a territory such as Tanglewood's, it wasn't uncommon for jaguars to be lurking around. What was uncommon, though, was finding one that didn't have the same level of intelligence as Vigenere or anyone living in the Beyond. Fortunately for Vigenere, he was able to find a lone jaguar perching in the trees and after he extended his mind out to it, found that it still had its primal instincts. Good. Vigenere felt bad if he had to take an intelligent creature's body, in all honesty. It just didn't feel right. But anyway, the demon focused on the jaguar's mind and body, closing his eyes and letting his spirit wander.

Opening his eyes, Vigenere found himself perching in the tree that the jaguar had been in before, his savannah body abandoned. It felt strange to see the body you were born in - grew up in - right before you, before it limped back off deeper into the woods. For now, the body would act as an NPC, though Vigenere definitely wasn't going to stay away from his birth body longer than he needed to. Vigenere jumped off from where he lay, relief filling him as he felt no pain shoot through him from the jump. He quickly set off for the farm, using his camouflage to his advantage.

-----

With the help of a couple NPCs, Vigenere hauled back the food that he caught. It wasn't anything spectacular, since a lone creature could only do so much by itself - but he did manage to catch a young cow at the very least, as well as some rabbits and chickens. Licking his lips, Vigenere sat back and thanked the NPC before he called out, "Leroy? I went out hunting for ya. I hope this will be able to suffice?" If not, it was an easy trek back and hell, maybe he'll have a couple of people to help this time.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - Ivan - 06-10-2020

[align=center]
[table]
[tr]
[td][Image: 1qs0g0C.gif][/td]
[td]
IVAN
slav. "god is gracious"
---
a son
a brother
[/td]
[td][Image: yoqcgBR.gif][/td][/tr]
[/table]
ALYOSHA, MY DEAR, MY ONLY SON, I'M AFRAID OF IVAN —
Ivan had never hunted anything larger than a dove, which was fine because he didn't need much anyway. It was easier now because he had grown out of his fluffy kitten stage. Nearing six months, he stood tall and handsomely sleek. He did put a lot of care into his appearance, especially since he had been such a skinny little thing at birth. He still was, but at least he was growing out of the face of a child.

Ivan was laying out this morning, thoroughly occupied in a book by Pushkin. He caught Vigenere's call for Leroy and irritably jerked his head up. Ivan rose to his feet. The fur along his spine ruffled with unease. He did not detect people primarily by sight. The jaguar's scent was unfamiliar. If he had paid attention with his eyes, he might have noticed the scars, but he did not know Vigenere enough (or anyone else for that matter) to recognize them based on scars. Besides, he did not know possession was a thing and maybe if he did, he might wither on the spot for how deeply it would violate his morality.

"Huh, are you new?"
— I'M MORE AFRAID OF IVAN THAN THE OTHER ONE.

Re: A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - toboggan - 06-10-2020

If it wasn't for the giveaway scars glued to the jaguar's face, Vigenere wouldn't have been identified by the general. However, upon observing the large feline's notable lacerations and wounds, he was quickly recognized. Must've done some hoodoo-voodoo shit to obtain a new form. "That's a decent haul there, Vigenere," he says, eyeing the fresh-kill at the Cipher's base. A young cow, some poultry, and a handful of rabbits. All of those could be thrown into a stew, perchance - Leroy didn't know a damn thing about the culinary arts, so he wasn't going to be in charge of cooking them at the oncoming party. In fact, he'd eat everything raw, should he have the chance. However, the mongrel knew very well that not everybody matched his primitive preferences, so what Vigenere caught would have to be prepared in some manner.

Ivan was also present, making an inquiry about the 'stranger's' identity. Poor boy didn't know about the demon's supernatural capabilities. Leroy did refer to Vigenere by name, so hopefully he caught that. Line of vision trailing from the young Roux towards the corpses once again, the wolfhound begins to verbally list off what was present: "Chickens, rabbits, and a cow... this should be enough to feed everyone," he says, attention returning to the jaguar, "I dunno how the different methods someone can cut up a cow, but I know there's a fuckton of 'em."

Looking back on it, the cattle did look to be a little bit on the younger side, though. In a tribe populated by a plethora of large animals, what was gathered here could feed two thirds of Tanglewood at best. "Y'know, there's always room for more. If you're in the mood to slaughter some more livestock, I'll gladly tag along - 'cause it looks like we need maybe one more medium-sized carcass; maybe a pig, or sum'n."

Re: A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 06-13-2020

[glow=white,1,400]EVERY FEELING IN MY BONES TELLS ME TO LASH OUT AND TELL YOU TO FUCK OFF !。+゚.[/glow]
Ah, shit, he should have accounted for his clanmates not recognizing him. Ivan approached and asked if he was new - not surprising, considering Ivan and Vigenere hadn't really gotten to know each other past their names and a vague sense of what the other looked like. Vigenere opened his mouth to respond to Ivan, but luckily Leroy came over and was able to recognize him.

"Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure myself." Vigenere mused in response to Leroy's comment of not being sure how to cut a cow. The jaguar laughed a bit, before dipping his head at the General's offer. "I'd be more than happy to go out again with some help, if you're willing." Shit, it felt good to actually be able to move around without being in pain.[glow=COLOR,1,400]✧*:・゚[/glow]

Re: A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER // Reconstruction task + new body - toboggan - 06-14-2020

Hmph. That made two Tanglers that lacked any butchering prowess whatsoever. Hopefully someone within 10 kilometres of the town possessed the know-how to properly chop a cow up; because there wasn't a pot large enough in the tavern to simply boil the entire cow in.

In response to Vigenere's proposition, Leroy cracks a keen smile. "I mean," he begins, observing the insignificant crowd currently gathered around the Cipher, "I'll gladly tag along. Been a while since I've been at the farm anyways." It'd also been a while since he took another creature's life, and he was beginning to become worried that he was losing his touch with that sort of thing. Hence, if accompanying the savannah on a hunting trip meant that he'd get to kill again, then great. Nothing like cold-blooded murder on a warm spring day.